Hacking Season - AnonOps / Anonymous / Lulzsec

Kurtis

Hackers hit News International in revenge for coverage of teenager's arrest

Hackers have attacked computer servers belonging to News International in apparent retaliation for coverage of the arrest of Ryan Cleary.

The website of the Sun newspaper and a computer used in the production of The Times were targeted by hackers who bombarded them with internet traffic in an attempt to make them crash.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/8594823/Hackers-hit-News-International-in-revenge-for-coverage-of-teenagers-arrest.html

Every week we plan on releasing more classified documents and embarassing

personal details of military and law enforcement in an effort not just to reveal

their racist and corrupt nature but to purposefully sabotage their efforts to

terrorize communities fighting an unjust "war on drugs".

THIS

is the kinda sh*t i FULLY support

:Y:

After reading more into this. Media are going OTT. He didnt even "hack" anything just sent bots to run command to attack site at same time. Hardly "hacking" like they are making out

Also same with that guy from wood green who they were trying to send to USA for "hacking" US military all man done was use the default password of Rootadmin lol

After reading more into this. Media are going OTT. He didnt even "hack" anything just sent bots to run command to attack site at same time. Hardly "hacking" like they are making out

Also same with that guy from wood green who they were trying to send to USA for "hacking" US military all man done was use the default password of Rootadmin lol

PMSL REALLY?

sh*t

I used to run a scanner as part for an irc channel

get given an ip range, let it run, see if it finds anything using the dictionary of bait defaults

to think if i had hit the wrong server

:ghost:

what was that program back in the day? sub zero or something?

where u just scanned ranged and could get in to venerable computers and view there webcam and access all there files.

already has been

when Russia invaded Georgia in 08 they f*cked up Georgias banking network or some sh*t

and some small country, Estonia or something sounding like that had its systems attacked.

you know what lettme find the proper articles cos I dont wanna just be dropping stats with no backing

Before the Gunfire, Cyberattacks

Weeks before bombs started falling on Georgia, a security researcher in suburban Massachusetts was watching an attack against the country in cyberspace.

Jose Nazario of Arbor Networks in Lexington noticed a stream of data directed at Georgian government sites containing the message: “win+love+in+Rusia.”

Other Internet experts in the United States said the attacks against Georgia’s Internet infrastructure began as early as July 20, with coordinated barrages of millions of requests — known as distributed denial of service, or D.D.O.S., attacks — that overloaded and effectively shut down Georgian servers.

Researchers at Shadowserver, a volunteer group that tracks malicious network activity, reported that the Web site of the Georgian president, Mikheil Saakashvili, had been rendered inoperable for 24 hours by multiple D.D.O.S. attacks. They said the command and control server that directed the attack was based in the United States and had come online several weeks before it began the assault.

As it turns out, the July attack may have been a dress rehearsal for an all-out cyberwar once the shooting started between Georgia and Russia. According to Internet technical experts, it was the first time a known cyberattack had coincided with a shooting war.

sauce http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/13/technology/13cyber.html

Estonia hit by 'Moscow cyber war'

Estonia says the country's websites have been under heavy attack for the past three weeks, blaming Russia for playing a part in the cyber warfare.

Many of the attacks have come from Russia and are being hosted by Russian state computer servers, Tallinn says. Moscow denies any involvement.

Estonia says the attacks began after it moved a Soviet war memorial in Tallinn. The move was condemned by the Kremlin.

A Nato spokesman said the organisation was giving Estonia technical help.

"In the 21st century it's not just about tanks and artillery," Nato spokesman James Appathurai told BBC News.

"We have sent one of our experts at the request of the Estonian authorities to help them in their defence."

sauce http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6665145.stm

you could just google russian cyber warfare or estonia 2007 attacks and get a whole heap of articles

theres a whole wiki page on the Estonia ting, but I know for some reason some people dont like wikipedia

• Upvote 2

oh and there was a sophisticated attack on Iran's nuclear plants or something.

like the virus was written specifically for the make and model of the equipment used and wouldnt hurt anything but that.

someone shouted Israel and US

wouldnt be suprised, not heard of script kiddies doin that sh*t

lol trus me i used to be a proper good script kiddie.

Even had some next unreleased scripts from some next guys on irc. Doing some mad sh*t man, them man were f*cked. Hiding exploits in random picture files after someone opened it, it'll open up a port and send you 'an e-mail' with the person's iP address and port that was opened. After which their computer was yours...

I hacked pretty much everyone with internet in my form at school and eventually changed the school's default wallpaper on library computers and next other sh*t.

Got banned from doing ICT as an option in year 10.

These guys are on that same level tbh.