Uni Project

Supernova

Come September I have to do a project that revolves around developing some sort of software/hardware interface

I think this includes handheld devices apps

Software and interfaces for Kinect and the wii

Just trying to bounce some ideas around, anybody have anything in this field they would like to see or think would be useful

I still wanna do the nation hoe database, I know this would cost me at least 2k to start it up.

anyways, couple ideas Ive had in the past (i dont/cant make applications, so its just stuff I thought of)

NFC key app, Android only for the time being ofc. basically an app where you can use a NFC enabled phone to open a door, youd prob need some failsafe (is that the word?) incase the lock doesnt have power or phone is dead etc.

is it possible to somehow monitor the intensity of the sun somehow? I dont know what phones would need to do that, but if not (im assuming these are just ideas and you wont have to build the hardware) have a little device that connects to a phone via bluetooth or wifi that you just turn on and off as needed rather than being always on. use this to measure the intensity of the suns rays and give advice on sun lotion, staying healthy, remind oto drink water etc. obv a midnight nigga like me aint gonna need this, bt tanning is a pretty bi thing in certain areas, and most are the exact type thatd spend money on that kind of device (just shock with pics of skin cancer n sh*t)

electricity monitor app. I have an electricity monitor, but its some device I have to keep plugged in. now if you could somehow connect that bit you put on the cables to something else inside the house, which then beams the info requested over your internet connection, that would be sweet to check and make sure you havent left anything on if u were in a rush.

ill post more as they come to me

In my second year I created a Java application that was a prototype for an house automation system which controls every light/lock within the house aswell as a shopping list.

That NFC app is do-able, to monitor the sun's intensity I would just look for a readily available database for this (similar to weather information/met office) and link it as an object within the app and the according to a algorithm you set, you can advise on sun lotion or again link to an external source such as Boots or a sun cream retail shop.

Most if not all the apps created for mobiles use external data due to the hardware limitations that don't allow a device to just monitor its own temperature (unless it has an ambient temperature sensor)

the clock on the lower right hand side of your computer uses an internet time zone which again is an external source.

I'm assuming your not customed to Object Orientated Programming.

• 3 weeks later...

The idea I've come up for my uni project is to develop a phone app to compose a track entirely out of your voice. So it will process your beatboxing, humming, whistling, etc and output it into midi so you can change the instruments, build chords, and so on.

Reminds me I need to get started.

lol nah, that's effectively a drum machine

what I'm doing is processing audio to produce information about what notes or sounds are being used

it would be cool if it could tell you wat notes u are hitting, u should add autotune and harmonising options

sounds like a sick app, like the pedals some live perfomers use ie ed sheeran

also add options so that u can add live effects to selected tracks