World Athletics Championships 2011 (pg4)

Colin Turnover

HAA could only manage a 10.14 in these conditions. Im gonna post some stuff in the near future in why his size is holding him back. Fair Do's he's a naturally big guy, but the idea of bussing weights in the gym as an athlete is to develop the required strength to help you to "mechanically" run as efficient as possible i.e. foot strike, back-side mechanics, the angle of your hips etc. The size he was 3 years ago was big enough IMO. Look at Blake! His power-to-weight ratio is just about perfect. Look at his form FFS, its effortless. His contact time with the track will be SIGNIFICANTLY less than HAA in elite terms as HAA is trying to power himself down the track but he is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to heavy so he just CLANGS (CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG!). Its frustrating because he clearly has sub 10 potential and I want him to do well. John Regis was the same(10.15 PB I think), to big to run any faster. He or his coach/team must see it AAARGH.

HAA could only manage a 10.14 in these conditions. Im gonna post some stuff in the near future in why his size is holding him back. Fair Do's he's a naturally big guy, but the idea of bussing weights in the gym as an athlete is to develop the required strength to help you to "mechanically" run as efficient as possible i.e. foot strike, back-side mechanics, the angle of your hips etc. The size he was 3 years ago was big enough IMO. Look at Blake! His power-to-weight ratio is just about perfect. Look at his form FFS, its effortless. His contact time with the track will be SIGNIFICANTLY less than HAA in elite terms as HAA is trying to power himself down the track but he is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to heavy so he just CLANGS (CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG!). Its frustrating because he clearly has sub 10 potential and I want him to do well. John Regis was the same(10.15 PB I think), to big to run any faster. He or his coach/team must see it AAARGH.

guy ran 19.85 back in the 90s in the 200

chattin shit imo

HAA is no sub 10 second runner

even if he lost all that muscle bulk

10 flat guy

LOL this guy, about chatting shit. I know exactly what Regis' pb is in the 200 but that isn't the issue here is it? Regis was predominantly a 200 guy, he never had no pop but he had speed endurance. If anything he was more of a 200/400 runner which HAA will never be.

You really think HAA has the potential to run sub 10 if his weight was reduced?

Yeah most definitely. His excessive bulk isnt helping him in the slightest, he's carrying too much weight. No elite sprinter's are as big as him. Another thing I noticed from this race alone is that his start could be MUCH better. His reaction time is actually OK, but he just pops up, there's no drive phase there whatsoever which is why he gets left after 15m.

This! Big Post. Who do you run or coach?

You can also be too strong (yup!) causing you to tear muscles. Henk Kraaijenhof believed this. He coached Mary Onyali and Merlene Ottey.

And funny enough I just remembered HAA got injured in indoors before europeans and tore his hamstring in Doha Indoors in 2010 to the point he was in wheelchair on the airport on the way home in the photos I saw.

Madness

It will be a better day when he can post a 9.9x 9.8 instead of these LOL:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This! Big Post. Who do you run or coach?

You can also be too strong (yup!) causing you to tear muscles. Henk Kraaijenhof believed this. He coached Mary Onyali and Merlene Ottey.

And funny enough I just remembered HAA got injured in indoors before europeans and tore his hamstring in Doha Indoors in 2010 to the point he was in wheelchair on the airport on the way home in the photos I saw.

Madness

It will be a better day when he can post a 9.9x 9.8 instead of these LOL:

LOL

Used to run for Sale Harriers years ago.