'News of The World' scrapped - News Corp withdraws bid for BSkyB

Francis Coquelin

This actions of those involved in the scandal are absolutely abominable. Mrs Brooks should definitely lose her job, and anyone else in NI who is culpable in this saga should also go.

But, I cannot stand the rank hypocrisy of Labour MPs and people like Alistair Campbell, who only too recently were in bed with the Murdoch Press. It has become clear that this scandal has only been stoked up by the left not primarily from an ethical standpoint but because they want to see the downfall of the Murdoch empire.

I don’t see a problem with Murdoch acquiring full ownership of BSkyB. How many people actually watch Sky News. The fears that he will turn Sky News into a UK Fox News are unfounded. He is a businessman first and foremost, and something like Fox news wouldn’t work in the UK. He already owns over 60% of BSkyB anyway.

The real scandal is that the BBC can extort money from everyone in this country to hear their leftist bullshit. They have a pretense of impartiality but are anything but. Who has more influence? "ohh he has too much influence reh teh teh" How many on the left are asking for the BBC to be broken up? Nobody coerces anyone to watch or read anything from News International.

However Rupert Murdoch is still a visionary and a brilliant businessman. He brought satellite television to this country. If it wasn’t for his money the Premier League wouldn’t even exist, let alone be the most arguably the most exciting league in the world. he’s a job creator, a generous philanthropist. He helped to smash the print unions, without that action many newspapers including the Guardian wouldn’t even exist today.

His influence is also exaggerated. He is more of an opportunist than anything, riding on the coat-tails of public opinion. He backed Tony Blair only when he was convinced he going to win in 1997, and he backed McCain in 2008, we all know how that turned out.

Go on neg away. IDGAF

• Upvote 1

Goddaz, why are u against people rejoicing? what this shows is how easy it is for people to pay attention to suttin and within an short time this bigger agenda you talk about could be crumbled to pieces. all tis NWO agenda of which the media is a major player, and of which murdoch is a major player within that is not some invincible force. but i doubt people will really start to be concerned about the rest affairs that are really affecting them just bcos of this scandal....but all it shows when idiots like streets sit there making coffee claiming "what can anyone do" is that people power can change EVERYTHING. and without one shot being fired.

see thats where that opportunistic c*nt of an alex jones runs in and makes this bigger than it really is. YOU ARE NOT COMING FOR ANYONE, MOST PEOPLE ONLY EVER GAVE A f*ck ABOUT THIS SCANDAL BCOS OF MILLY DOWLER.. ALL THIS SCANDAL SHOWS IS THAT PEOPLE POWER CAN WORK, ITS NOT BY WATCHING OR LLISTENING TO ALEX JONES THAT THIS WAS POSSIBLE..SO HE AND HIS SHEEP SHOULD f*ck RIGHT OFF..COS THIS IS NOT 'THEIR EVENT' ......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But I think the more worrying aspect of this scandal are the allegations of corrupt policemen taking bribes from journalists.

Imagine all the sh*t going on that no-ones knows about. if one private detective can hack into peoples phones like that, what is our government doing, and other foreign security services doing.

• Upvote 1

see thats where that opportunistic c*nt of an alex jones runs in and makes this bigger than it really is. YOU ARE NOT COMING FOR ANYONE, MOST PEOPLE ONLY EVER GAVE A f*ck ABOUT THIS SCANDAL BCOS OF MILLY DOWLER.. ALL THIS SCANDAL SHOWS IS THAT PEOPLE POWER CAN WORK, ITS NOT BY WATCHING OR LLISTENING TO ALEX JONES THAT THIS WAS POSSIBLE..SO HE AND HIS SHEEP SHOULD f*ck RIGHT OFF..COS THIS IS NOT 'THEIR EVENT' ......

tampax1.jpg

I don't know why most of you are rejoicing like it's really gonna change anything or it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

To me this is the equivalent of say Bill Gates scrapping one of Microsoft's operating systems, his global dominance will still remain in tact. It's snuffin!!!!

Tbh If anything it's Rupert & Co that are the ones really laughing.

#WMSW

LA!

POS

lol

Guest Portuguese

Rebekah Brooks sat two feet from me in my own home and told me that it was never the public that came to them with information

George Michael's Twitter

Why are you following George Michael?

• Upvote 4

Rebekah Brooks sat two feet from me in my own home and told me that it was never the public that came to them with information

George Michael's Twitter

Why are you following George Michael?

Lol I should have added a disclaimer, it was linked from The Telegraph. I don't follow George Michael.

I don't know why most of you are rejoicing like it's really gonna change anything or it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

To me this is the equivalent of say Bill Gates scrapping one of Microsoft's operating systems, his global dominance will still remain in tact. It's snuffin!!!!

C/s...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

C/s...

It remains to be seen how it will affect his empire and his influence in this country.

You're talking as if it's the 90's, it's 2011 and as crazy as it sounds the public are better informed of what's going on and how to make an impact largely down to social media.

Twitter and facebook make it so easy for news to spread, campaigns that previously would have taken months and even years to gain momentum can now do so in a matter of hours and days. The list of companies that pulled their ads out of the NOTW based on fear of being boycotted is testament to how powerful people are these days.

People are already starting campaigns to make it known that the Sun and the NOTW are interlinked, I'm sure they'll see an impact on their sales .

I welcome anything that signifies people being better informed about the f*ckery these man are involved in.

But I think the more worrying aspect of this scandal are the allegations of corrupt policemen taking bribes from journalists.

Imagine all the sh*t going on that no-ones knows about. if one private detective can hack into peoples phones like that, what is our government doing, and other foreign security services doing.

C/S

Also worrying, is how they are all so chummy. Our newspapers bosses shouldn't be jumping into bed with politicians, politicians should fear the newspapers as a check on their power. Yet, Murdoch & Brooks are chums with Cameron, not to mention how many other politicians.

Goddaz, why are u against people rejoicing? what this shows is how easy it is for people to pay attention to suttin and within an short time this bigger agenda you talk about could be crumbled to pieces. all tis NWO agenda of which the media is a major player, and of which murdoch is a major player within that is not some invincible force. but i doubt people will really start to be concerned about the rest affairs that are really affecting them just bcos of this scandal....but all it shows when idiots like streets sit there making coffee claiming "what can anyone do" is that people power can change EVERYTHING. and without one shot being fired.

I'm not against ppl rejoicing tbh. I just think it's a 'hollow' victory for the 'people' & NOTW being scrapped is like what superstition said, a 'obv a sacrificial offering' end of.

Yes I will agree with you on that point but :lol: @ anything being 'crumbled to pieces', I really thought you were more clued up than that. Furthermore where was/is this 'people' power you speak of when there's far worse things happening around the world. Bush & Blair (or whoever controlled them) murdered thousands & thousands of people, millions of ppl saw through the lies/protested against it etc but did any 'agenda' or powers that be crumble? None imo.

Anyway I've never said it's an invincible force, infact I'll say it's beyond that if there's such a thing lol.

Look, imo in a month or two all will be back to normal until God knows when such an extreme story such as this breaks again with a good dose of a 'innocent little white' person thrown in the mix so it pulls on the nations heartstrings.

I'm all for people power but I know & history has taught me time & time again the powers that be will just keep on winning. Why? Coz the 'people' always react.

/

Edit

MOST PEOPLE ONLY EVER GAVE A f*ck ABOUT THIS SCANDAL BCOS OF MILLY DOWLER..

EXACTLY!!!

Some people have been on this story for 2 years,the pressure that was on them to drop it was immense. Many others would have folded.

The Milly Dowler hacking was needed to put this into context for everyone else.

The scary thing is NOTW closure or not this is apparently just the tip of iceberg of what News International has been up to. Also Murdochs role as political kingmaker in this country is coming to a close,his veneer of all knowing and powerful has been seriously hit.

He has money but for a man like him money is nothing without influence.