Asia Tour Squad Pre-Season Topic

mp*

anyone seen the pictures of the guys flying out?FFS. VELA / ROSICKY / DENILSON PISSES MEE OFFI WOULD OF STRIPPED THE PLANES INTERIOR OUT AND MADE THEM SLEEP ON A METAL FLOOR FOR THEIR PERFOMANCES LAST YEAR, THE WHOLE SQUAD THAT IS..FEED THE CUNTS WATER AND BREAD, NO PHONES, NO IPODS, JUST GIVE THEM A PEN AND PAD TO WRITE/DRAW THEIR THOUGHTS.PAMPERED WASTE OF SPACE

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In Mirror reporter John Cross' latest update from Kuala Lumpur, Arsenal stars kick off in a nightclub. But it's not what you think...Theo Walcott needs to forget all about moving into football management after finishing his playing career.Somewhere, there lies an opening for him as a diplomat.Answering difficult questions, being charming to screaming fans and smiling at every camera, Walcott is a PR dream.And during the second day of events on Arsenal's Far East tour, Walcott had everyone at the Midvalley Exhibition Centre in Kuala Kumpur eating out of his hand.Wojciech Szczesny, Jack Wilshere and Alex Song also took part in a Q&A session for supporters, sports retailers and local journalists.Then, all four had a kick-about in what can only be described as a five-a-side pitch in the middle of a nightclub - complete with pumping dance music.My Scouse companion said: "Close your eyes and you could be in Cream."And, having made myself sound really old, I do know what Cream is. It's a Liverpool nightclub.Not that I've ever been there, you understand.Thank God Arsene Wenger didn't come along, too.You can't imagine this would be his bag.Plus, it came on top of tough training sessions in 30 degree heat and incredible humidity.The players looked tired, but did their bit and charmed the locals.And it's definitely working.Liverpool and Manchester United already have strongholds in Asia, but the popularity and clamour for Arsenal is really mind blowing and impressive.Chelsea have tried - and arguably failed - to crack America in the past. But it will be interesting to see if the levels of excitement are the same for when they come to this Malaysian metropolis next week.Arsenal staged their gig courtesy of Nike, and Chelsea's kit sponsors adidas have a shop in the same mall.Chelsea may have finished above Arsenal in the Premier League, but will they come out on top in marketing terms?It's reckoned that this tour could be worth £15m to Arsenal.How on earth the club finance chiefs calculate that is anyone's guess. But they are drumming up great interest.Around 6,000 fans were believed to have greeted the players like Hollywood movie stars.They were "papped" as they arrived and then the biggest screams were reserved for when the game took place.Walcott did his charm offensive, Szczesny always has a smile on his face (and anyone who follows me on Twitter is alright by me - he's also the answer to Arsenal's goalkeeping problems. Their best keeper since Jens Lehmann in his heyday).Song was on good form and Wilshere is improving with every public appearance.But much more importantly, Wilshere promises to be the best English midfielder of his generation. That's enough of a selling point.Arsenal are managing this tour well.Pre-season is about training, and yet the personal appearances are leaving a lasting impression on the fans.Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Arsenal-pre-season-blog-day-two-Footballers-kick-off-in-nightclub-shocker-but-it-s-all-part-of-Arsenal-s-PR-offensive-by-John-Cross-article764852.html#ixzz1RvrZge7B Sign up for MirrorFootball's Morning Spy newsletter Register here