Kreayshawn

HangTheDJ

"I'm even thinking about giving up [saying the n-word]," she said. "I'm not faking [when I say it]...It's diversity...It's crazy because I'll be with my partners doing my everyday thing, but now, everybody's making it known, like, 'Oh, she said the n-word and she's white.' Now, I'm seeing that it's different other places, so when I'm in the hood with my best friend...I shouldn't even being thinking about that sh*t. They the ones making me think about that sh*t, bruh. I wasn't raised off no colors or nothing, bruh...I ain't racist."

Fellow Bay Area rapper Mistah F.A.B. also chimed in on the issue. Although he doesn't defend her use of the word, he says that he recognizes the racially neutral context in which she said it. He added that many people of different races in Oakland use the n-word in an affectionate manner, and that V-Nasty's detractors shouldn't be that naive in thinking that some people of other races from their respective hometowns aren't using the word in a non-racial manner as well.

"At the end of the day, if we're talking about abolishing this word, then that's something I can humble myself to. But if we're talking about who can say [it], then we've got a whole lot of fighting to do," he said. "Along today's line of activism...Whites, Mexicans, Latins, Filipinos, Samoans, anybody else says 'nigga' more than African-Americans do. You could be like this, 'You was at Sea World the other day? You see Seamu? That nigga Seamu is a fool'...where it's like, 'Oh, I'm racist for calling the whale a nigga?'"

He added, "What makes me mad is mothaf*ckas acting like it don't go on. We from Oakland, this sh*t goes on, like every corner we've got a Mexican on the corner like, 'Oh, what's up my nigga?'...The Afghan at the store, 'Oh my cousin, what's up my nigga?' Mothaf*ckas acting like this sh*t don't go on. This sh*t goes on on the regular...At the end of the day, [V-Nasty's] not a racist. It's up to us to show the difference because [she] ain't never left Oakland...[and she's] thinking this sh*t goes on in every hood."

This isn't the first time Fabby Davis, Jr. has spoken up for V-Nasty and the White Girl Mob. The Bay Area rapper also backed her up this past June, saying that not only does Oakland have a different racial environment, but that V-Nasty's street cred authenticates her usage of the word.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

how

i judge on what ive been told, in regards to lil wayne and rick ross american people who have lived in the same cities.. mistah fab is respected in the bay along with mob figaz and all that

if he tells you kreayshawn and her sister were round that life, then why is everyone in this thread saying no no no no 'they've got the same manager' of course he will say that..

i'd rather believe him tbh

Fam bay OG's like E-40 & Too Short dont cosign that bullshit cos they know better

Stretch and Mistah is just trying too eat off Kreayshawns plate....THAT IS ALL!

I lived in they Bay for a while and nobody gives a f*ck about what Mistah has to say tbh especially now

what the f*ck are you talking about you stupid f*ck

lol this is what i mean.. to you.. "they're trying to eat of kreayshawns plate" but to me like THEY said they know her have done known her from around the HOOD, stretch is a real nigga Mistah FAB is a real nigga

about 'i was in the bay for a while nobody cares about mistah fab'... Mistah Fab was the front runner of the Hyphy movement you f*ck boy, nevermind being signed to Mac Dre's label

and this is what Too Short had to say about kreayshawn

Too Short on Bay radio speaking on Kreayshawn

Too Short was right about the kreayshawn haters. He said that when people can’t have it there way as for as hip hop, they complain. "she put the bay back on the radar, therefore she shining a light back on the west. so she is 100 in my books"

and a number of Bay artists right now are getting at Too Short for not paying homage/getting out the way/bringing in new artists from the Bay. Messy Marv has sent diss records his way..

Bay OG's dont cosign many things, cos they too busy looking out for their selves.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

and this is what Too Short had to say about kreayshawn

Too Short on Bay radio speaking on Kreayshawn

Too Short was right about the kreayshawn haters. He said that when people can’t have it there way as for as hip hop, they complain. "she put the bay back on the radar, therefore she shining a light back on the west. so she is 100 in my books"

Bay OG's dont cosign many things, cos they too busy looking out for their selves.

pfft too short is just saying that she's bringing the light

back on the bay so he's feeling her that's all he doesn't mention her being hood or cosigning her or White girl mob sayin nigger....that last line u put pretty much sums up how these man work...just trying 2 eat off her hype

• 2 months later...

V-Nasty Gucci Mane collaboration album droppin soon lads!

“Many people are going to be surprised by BAYTL,” reveals Gucci Mane. “This by far is my most controversial mixtape to date.” On how she came to work with the rapper, V-Nasty chimes in, “I’ve been a fan of Gucci since Trap House. We had the opportunity to connect through mutual friends and when offered the opportunity, I didn’t have to think twice. This album is all about having good, old-fashioned, hoodrat fun with friends.”
  • Downvote 1

• 10 months later...

Ouch! Kreayshawn's Album Sets Record for Lowest Sales

Sheesh!

After seven days of being available for purchase, Cali rapper Kreayshawn's debut album "Somethin' 'Bout Kreay" sold only 3,900 copies. This has set the new all-time record for the lowest first week sales by an artist signed to a major record label, according to HitsDailyDouble. Soulja Boy previously held the record for his last album which sold just 14,000 copies in its first week on the market. Hopefully for Kreay those numbers will jump up a bit in the following weeks.

Source: hiphop365.com

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...