Kendrick Lamar

Trilliam

if lupe made this same album and rapped everything word for word they still wouldn't rate it

kendrick does it and everyones hailing it

its sounding dead based off first 2 listens

on what planet is this not real talks

Lupe couldn't make this album tho

this shit sounds like a dogg pound album on acid

but this is a stunning advertisement

bane i hear what you're saying but no need to draw out a mans tastes like that

right beats n musical theory? have you heard new keef?

not feeling it, I'd wanna hear Kendrick on hiphop not jazz and funk, he hasn't got that 90s west-coast bounce to be jumping on this sort of stuff IMO

I'll give it another listen later in the week but first verdict is: not feeling

not sure what to make of the Tupac bit

i hear you, but bruv, the fact ur cosigning that stupid Lupe comment helps me attain that superiority

Kendrick is a musician with his voice, Lupe is not, dont make stupid comparisons

i am a MASSIVE Lupe fan btw

the social implications of the record at this time right now are massive.  the musical choices he has made both instrumentally and vocally are beyond anything i can find out there right now within the confines of rap and hip hop

i been listening to music from compton for 25 years bruh, this guy just fed the culture, all i can say is thank you

whilst d*ckheads wanna run in with the same Nas vs. Jay Z logic

FOH >

i hear you, but bruv, the fact ur cosigning that stupid Lupe comment helps me attain that superiority

Kendrick is a musician with his voice, Lupe is not, dont make stupid comparisons

the social implications of the record at this time right now are massive.  the musical choices he has made both instrumentally and vocally are beyond anything i can find out there right now within the confines of rap and hip hop

i been listening to music from compton for 25 years bruh, this guy just fed the culture, all i can say is thank you

FOH >

oh he's a musician with his voice huh, young thug must be a fucking virtuoso then

apart from the fact that kendricks flow/voice switching to me comes across as corny/irritating i also hate his 'turn the other cheek this is our fault' stance on police brutality, social commentary for coconuts

if you're a massive lupe fan i dont know how u can disagree with the fact that lupe could make an album saying all this stuff and get air, its all he does

anyway enjoy ur superiority ?

FOH >

oh he's a musician with his voice huh, young thug must be a f*cking virtuoso then

apart from the fact that kendricks flow/voice switching to me comes across as corny/irritating i also hate his 'turn the other cheek this is our fault' stance on police brutality, social commentary for coconuts

if you're a massive lupe fan i dont know how u can disagree with the fact that lupe could make an album saying all this stuff and get air, its all he does

anyway enjoy ur superiority ?

Young Thug is a virtuoso, correct.  i commend him for his musicality.

/ it's not just saying it, it's how you say it.  that's why it's called music and not prose.

next! >

the "if lupe made this album" argument is so stupid

lupes time has passed, noone is checking for him, he has no influence

its the fact kendrick in the prime of his career decided to not go for the "easy" option but instead came with something with real meaning is one of the reasons its being hailed.

plus its actually a good album

• Upvote 1

For someone with such a great message and meaning to his lyrics Kendrick has never said anything that made me go wow and reload.

I don't put Kendrick on for technical lyrics, I put him in for social commentary, reflection and more basic lyrics which are simple to digest alongside a more complex message

Same way I wouldn't put on Tupac for double entendres and metaphors, I would put on someone like Jay instead

Very sad.

Guy's always on point with the reviews.

It was a joke though, just be aware of that.

Sure, didn't pinpoint you as one of them guys.

/

Philly, why does it matter? Find me someone else who reviews albums as articulate / researched as him. His reviews definitely make me appreciate some albums a lot more.