Kendrick Lamar

Trilliam

I think it's amazing

It's actually like art. People are analysing and dissecting it like art. I listened to it twice now and i still feel like it needs more listens in order to properly digest it. I have honestly never been made to feel that way by a musical album before.  

I think the greatest music is that which makes you feel deeply. This sh*t made me feel deeply. I mean... usually my mood dictates what i want to listen to, but i lock this on and how i feel and what is going on in my head is totally driven by what i'm hearing.

I understand that this may not be for everyone (i kindah think you need to love that bluesy/jazzy sound).

In some ways it's not an easy listen.

But this sh*t (the second part of 'you', where he goes off on some self-hate tangent for the way he has progressed and left some people behind, in particular) has really resonated with me.

and i think it's crazy that so many other people have been made to felt this way.

• Upvote 3

I think it's amazing

It's actually like art. People are analysing and dissecting it like art. I listened to it twice now and i still feel like it needs more listens in order to properly digest it. I have honestly never been made to feel that way by a musical album before.

I think the greatest music is that which makes you feel deeply. This sh*t made me feel deeply. I mean... usually my mood dictates what i want to listen to, but i lock this on and how i feel and what is going on in my head is totally driven by what i'm hearing.

I understand that this may not be for everyone (i kindah think you need to love that bluesy/jazzy sound).

In some ways it's not an easy listen.

But this sh*t (the second part of 'you', where he goes off on some self-hate tangent for the way he has progressed and left some people behind, in particular) has really resonated with me.

and i think it's crazy that so many other people have been made to felt this way.

C/s everything

Only album on this level is Lupes imo

They have taken rap to another level/different direction this year

It's a beautiful thing happening

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

when u consider the themes on this album a review by a white guy kinda defeats d point nah ?

andrew noz

justin charity

shea serrano 

david turner

some black writers, dunno if theyve reviewed this i aint listened so why would i read a review

ill post my thoughts when i do but im in no rush tbh

again i didnt say it was an issue of credibility/quality stop drawing

/

u urself just said lupes album is d only one on the level of this which is 1 of the main things i was getting at in my initial posts, im not sure y u been arguing..

Cos hes crowd following faggot

na real talk it it is abit strange that that was literally how this discussion began and then pages later after some reaching/diversion tactics the point is finally conceded in some low key fashion
I didn't agree with or say Lupe couldn't make this album

I said it's very harsh to dismiss a project like this which he spent a year on researching, assembling and producing.

I then said it's ironic that Lahi is citing Lupe, when Lupe said people shouldn't dismiss an artist work which took so long to make after only a couple listens and compared it to art ie you need to take it apart, find its meanings, piece it together as it's disrespectful to just say it's dead after one or two listens which Lahi came in and done

when u consider the themes on this album a review by a white guy kinda defeats d point nah ?

and dasorr

Not when it's a review of the album, explaining the difference between this, gkmc and section 80

Highlighting the different genres he has explored as well as the features

Giving a list of different topics and concepts covered by the album

Also pointing out a couple small things such as the end of each poem after each song gives an indication of what the next song is going to be about

The guys not there to review the topics covered and pass a judgement or opinion on

That's what kendrick does through the album and his lyrics

Which is why I don't understand the whole

"Not clicking because he is white" talk

• Upvote 3