Corinthians to sign Tevez £35.3m

Admin.

Manchester City have received a €40m (£35.3m) offer for Carlos Tevez from the striker's former club Corinthians, who are hoping to cash in on the Argentinian's determination to be closer to his family.

On first glance, the bid from the Brazilian club appears fanciful in the extreme. Tevez, whose contract at City is thought to be in excess of £200,000 a week and runs until June 2014, is regarded as one of the best strikers in the world, and the Brazilian league would fall well short of the standards he has become used to in Europe. However there are several factors in its favour.

Tevez has been unhappy at City for a while despite winning the FA Cup and qualifying for the Champions League last season, and said last week that he wants to be closer to his two children and their mother, who live in Argentina. He has been linked with moves to Italy and Spain, but the chance to return to South America may tempt the 27-year-old.

"It's true," said Tevez's adviser, Kia Joorabchian. "Corinthians got in touch and we're looking at the possibility."

Although City have not yet responded to the offer, it falls some way short of their £50m asking price, but would mean not selling him to a rival. There is no prospect of him moving to another English club, but with City having qualified for the Champions League for the first time, it may suit them better to let him join Corinthians rather than Internazionale or Real Madrid.

Tevez's time at City, for whom he has scored 53 goals in 86 games, has mostly been fractious since he joined Roberto Mancini's side from Manchester United two years ago. He handed in a transfer request last December, which City rejected, but now it seems certain he will depart this summer. His desire to leave is mainly centred around his former partner, Vanesa, being unable to settle in Manchester. She chose to return to Argentina with their two daughters, Katie and Florencia.

"I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them," said Tevez in a statement last week. "Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging for me. Everything I do, I do for my daughters."

Tevez played for Corinthians from 2004 to 2006, before moving to West Ham United. He spent a season at Upton Park, before spells at United and City.

There is a lot of money in brazilian football right now could defiantly see this being the move for him.

Sky Sports sources understand Corinthians have made a new bid worth up to £40million for Manchester City's Carlos Tevez.

The Brazilian club failed in a £35m offer for the want-away Argentine earlier in the week, while their president, Andres Sanchez, claimed Juventus made a £45m offer.

It is thought that Juventus have made no approach, despite holding a long-term interest in Tevez, who is City's club captain.

Corinthians, though, have made a renewed offer, which would be funded through a multi-million pound television rights deal.

Sanchez had said that his club would not be able to improve their offer if the previous £35m bid failed, but that appears to have been a bluff.

No pressure

City will now consider their options, however, they are under no pressure to sell and it has been reported that owner Sheikh Mansour and chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak will not alter a valuation of £50m.

Tevez, a Corinthians player between January 2005 and August 2006, has three years left on his contract, but requested a transfer at the beginning of July with 'great regret' because he wants to move back to South America to be closer to his family.

Argentina international Tevez, who is currently on duty at the Copa America, has scored 52 goals in 86 appearances since joining City in the summer of 2009.

Forty-six of those goals have come in the Premier League to make the former Manchester United player the most prolific frontman in England's top flight over the past two years.

City will reportedly attempt to activate the £40m release clause in the contract of wantaway Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero if Tevez leaves.

Guest Portuguese

For one I don't know how to put the source up if they did I would of done it by now its the same with pictures.

And secondly like you said it's on every major sports website which makess the source being put irrelevant

Finally I have never claimed to be in ITK I just share news I hear or see that's all

• Upvote 4

Not really I get most of the time Porto is translating articles and drops stuff you can't find easily.

If its world wide news and it hasn't been dropped on here then drop it properly like what everyone else does. Allow dropping something that's confirmed like you heard it on some cup and string mission outside of Corinthian's office.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not really I get most of the time Porto is translating articles and drops stuff you can't find easily.

If its world wide news and it hasn't been dropped on here then drop it properly like what everyone else does. Allow dropping something that's confirmed like you heard it on some cup and string mission outside of Corinthian's office.

:lol: good defence

Maldini would be proud

Guest Portuguese

The topic was created all I did add to the topic with a few simple words not once I mentioned "apparently" or I have been told by Corinthains.

This is the sports room which means you share news and have debates about football not try and create unnecessary drama because that's what Love and Life and Whatever rooms were designed for.

• 4 months later...

AC Milan have opened talks with Carlos Tevez's advisors about a January move for the Manchester City striker.

Inter Milan and Juventus are also keen but Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian met AC officials in Milan on Thursday, BBC Sport has learned.

City are only prepared to let the 27-year-old leave on a permanent deal.

Tevez has been expected to leave City since he was found guilty of committing five breaches of contract in a Champions League game in September.

AC Milan are in the market for a striker as a replacement for Antonio Cassano, who is out for the season after undergoing a heart operation.

At present there have been no direct talks between City and AC Milan over the transfer as Tevez's advisor first seeks to broker a deal.

City will only sell Tevez if the price suits them but they are keen to offload the striker, with manager Roberto Mancini last week reiterating his view that the striker is unlikely to play for the club again.

The Argentine failed to report for training this month during the international break and was then photographed returning to Argentina, prompting the club to instruct their lawyers to take action.

It was the latest twist in an ongoing saga between Tevez and the club.

The former Manchester United striker asked for a move away from the Premier League last December, stating he wanted to be closer to his family.

Then, in September, Mancini alleged that Tevez refused to come off the substitutes' bench in a Champions League fixture against Bayern Munich, while the striker maintained there had been a misunderstanding.

An internal club investigation concluded that Tevez was guilty of five breaches of his contract and the player was fined four weeks' wages, reduced to two following intervention from the Professional Footballers' Association.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15882464.stm

if this goes through

AC Milan > > >

Guest Portuguese

WEN SUM1 GOES TO ANOTHER TEAM FOR 30MILL FOR EXAMPLE , HOW MUCH DOES THE FOOTBALLER GET FROM THAT FEE??

Depends on the player and his agent

/

Babel when he moved to Liverpool for 12m he got 6m and the other 6m went to Ajax(the selling club)

• 2 weeks later...