Reason 6 Announced

djbmc

Looks good, looking forward to trying it.I wasn't impressed with reason 5, they didn't add enough new stuff IMO I hate that kong drum machine. I only use it for redrum rewired though cubase these days, I hate the reason synths now.I really dislike the limitations with reason, they need more / better synths instead of just adding more effects. The new effects look good but I doubt this will change the way I make music.

i love thor, it's a pretty versatile synth and it's straightforward as well, things like Massive, and even the stock synths in Logic confuse me!I wonder if by integrating Record's features into Reason they'll bump the price up to somewhere near the Cubase/Logic region, as for those effects, it's hard not to get excited by them but really they're just making certain processes more convenient, it's not like someone with a basic understanding of programming and sound design couldn't come up with an effects plug in chain that's capable of the same thing, using the devices from the previous incarnations of the program. i'll wait and see.

• 4 weeks later...