Charlie Chaplin appreciation thread

O.Man

PP30492.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Chaplin

My parents are freshies, so when I was very young, growing up I watched 3 things:

Jackie Chan

Mr.Bean

Charlie Chaplin

I revisited the former through my adolescent years, but the latter, I only randomly revisited on a youtube whim today.

its a whole new level of sensation watching segments of film you remember watching on VHS over a decade ago, on a totally new medium with a rewired brain. Things you never understood (the speech) and the things you interpreted different to what was intended (nose powder).

His body language, the camera shots, unsurpassable.

• Upvote 1

his face is jokes haha

RIP

/

Chaplin was interred in Corsier-Sur-Vevey Cemetery, Switzerland.[43] On 1 March 1978, his corpse was stolen by a small group of Swiss mechanics in an attempt to extort money from his family.[44] The plot failed; the robbers were captured, and the corpse was recovered eleven weeks later near Lake Geneva. His body was reburied under 6 feet (1.8 m) of concrete to prevent further attempts.

Source

who idiots...steal chaplin's body...lol f*ck*ng retards...

and he had 12 children.......the last child he had when he was 73....is it just me or thats late init hahaha go charlie lol

Chaplin once entered a "Chaplin look-alike" competition and came in third