FAO Christians

Mr. Gayle

I did watch somewhere about the ages relating to star constellations

Like Jesus was the age of the fish (Pisces) and in the bible somewhere it says follow the man holding the water

which is supposed to be Aquarius after Jesus

And I think moses destroying some sort of bull (taurus) to represent a new age

Anyone know what film I am referring

Had a section about the twin towers.....I may have got the information wrong

Zeitgeist

There were many Christians, thoguh unorthodox, and Jews in Arabia before the rise of Islam, though there were many Polytheists, who believed in a wide range of Gods, the Kaaba in Mecca, was a place of worship for the pagan tribes of the land, in particular worship was devoted to Hubal (a god to which children were occasionally sacrificed), who I suppose could be considered the patron God of the Qurays (the people who ruled Mecca at the time)

There were many Christians, thoguh unorthodox, and Jews in Arabia before the rise of Islam, though there were many Polytheists, who believed in a wide range of Gods, the Kaaba in Mecca, was a place of worship for the pagan tribes of the land, in particular worship was devoted to Hubal (a god to which children were occasionally sacrificed), who I suppose could be considered the patron God of the Qurays (the people who ruled Mecca at the time)

long ting

ultimate religious trollery next to killing urself

what I understood was that people at the time thought that any one who was a poet was possessed by a demon, the demon of inspiration

and because Mohammed was 'thrown to the ground' by these angels, that they were in fact demons because only demons throw people to the ground, according to a couple of accounts he gave from the new testament thats what demons do

He says that the people around the prophet and he himself in the early accounts thought he was possessed by a demon because he convulsed, he foamed at the mouth and that he was a poet

Guest Portuguese

Did you mention Muslims see Jesus as a prophet(not the son of god) and goes by another name.

Yup, he's seen as a prophet and called Isa (Jesus in Arabic)