FAO Christians

Mr. Gayle

Not at all, a few of the things Mr Gayle mentioned bother me on a moral note also.

People can laugh but if I had absolute power as people claim God has then I wouldn't be allowing babies to be born with HIV, that is just ridiculous and children are supposed to be the innocents?

lol

There are people suffering around the world inexplicably because of religious conflicts, I read recently about 3 school girls being kidnapped on their way to school and being beheaded in The Philippines? I think it was.

David Attenborough shares the same stance in regards to suffering and that is a man who has seen more of the world than probably anyone who has ever lived.

If anyone would feel a connection with God I believe he would.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Carbon dating is only accurate back a few thousand years.

"At Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Scientists dated dinosaur bones using the Carbon dating method. The age they came back with was only a few thousand years old."

"I have documentation of an Allosaurus bone that was sent to The University of Arizona to be carbon dated. The results were 9,890 +/- 60 years and 16,120 +/- 220 years.

"We didn't tell them that the bones they were dating were dinosaur bones. The result was sample B at 16,120 years. The Allosaurus dinosaur was supposed to be around 140,000,000 years. The samples of bone were blind samples."

This test was done on August 10, 1990"

3. All genetic evidence points towards Humanity starting in East Africa, everyone on this earth can be traced back to East Africa by their DNA.

If this is the case then why was Christianity introduced to Africa by Portuguese and Spanish, surely Christianity would have been present in Africa before it was in Europe?

Christianity began around 30 AD.

Christianity is basically a rebore Judaism.

Either way the story/teachings should have been present in Africa before they were introduced to them by missionaries.

Not at all, a few of the things Mr Gayle mentioned bother me on a moral note also.

People can laugh but if I had absolute power as people claim God has then I wouldn't be allowing babies to be born with HIV, that is just ridiculous and children are supposed to be the innocents?

lol

There are people suffering around the world inexplicably because of religious conflicts, I read recently about 3 school girls being kidnapped on their way to school and being beheaded in The Philippines? I think it was.

David Attenborough shares the same stance in regards to suffering and that is a man who has seen more of the world than probably anyone who has ever lived.

If anyone would feel a connection with God I believe he would.

Who is David Attenborough though really. He is a naturalist, he deals with animal life, nature etc., how extensive is his knowledge of different peoples of the world. You shouldn't affirm your beliefs on the beliefs of others. Philosophically fallacious. ie: I think Zidane was the best footballer of the 1990s, Pele happens to think this also, So I must be right in thinking this because Pele is a Legend.

Just because someone maybe have expert knowledge or indeed wisdom it does not prove that person to be correct. I am sure you will meet many people who have suffered most horrendously, or have witnessed horrendous suffering (not behind a bbc camera) who still profess to believe in God. Alexander Solzhenitsyn for instance.

Suffering in itself does not disprove the non-existence of God.

Suffering can provide a better argument for the existence of God than one against it. As human-beings we believe that people ought not to suffer, be excluded, or die of hunger or oppression. But the evolutionary mechanism of natural selection depends on death, destruction and violence of the strong against the weak, and all of these things are perfectly natural. On what basis does the atheist judge the natural world to be horribly wrong, unfair and unjust? The non-believer in God doesn't have a good basis for being outraged at injustice, which is normally the reason for objecting to god in the first place. If you are sure that this natural world is unjust and filled with evil, you are assuming the reality of some supernatural standard by which you make your judgement.

Instead of looking towards David Attenborough, why don't you look towards Jesus Christ himself, God Incarnate. Unlike David Attenborough, Jesus really did experience the greatest depths of human suffering.

• Upvote 1

"At Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Scientists dated dinosaur bones using the Carbon dating method. The age they came back with was only a few thousand years old."

"I have documentation of an Allosaurus bone that was sent to The University of Arizona to be carbon dated. The results were 9,890 +/- 60 years and 16,120 +/- 220 years.

"We didn't tell them that the bones they were dating were dinosaur bones. The result was sample B at 16,120 years. The Allosaurus dinosaur was supposed to be around 140,000,000 years. The samples of bone were blind samples."

3. All genetic evidence points towards Humanity starting in East Africa, everyone on this earth can be traced back to East Africa by their DNA.

If this is the case then why was Christianity introduced to Africa by Portuguese and Spanish, surely Christianity would have been present in Africa before it was in Europe?

Either way the story/teachings should have been present in Africa before they were introduced to them by missionaries.

Not it is not a rebore Judaism, it is the fulfillment of the Covenant between God and Man.

Christianity reached Ethiopia before it reached England, Spain and Portugal.

Not necessarily, peoples forget religions customs and adopt new ones through the ages especially when talking about millenia. How many indigenous Muslims would you find in Spain? Although there are a lot of tribes in Africa that have similar customs to the ones found in ancient Judaism.

• Upvote 1

Who is David Attenborough though really. He is a naturalist, he deals with animal life, nature etc., how extensive is his knowledge of different peoples of the world. You shouldn't affirm your beliefs on the beliefs of others. Philosophically fallacious. ie: I think Zidane was the best footballer of the 1990s, Pele happens to think this also, So I must be right in thinking this because Pele is a Legend.

David Attenborough has produced many documentaries including human beings, The Living Planet being 1 of them.

We all affirm our beliefs on the beliefs of others, regarding many things but David Attenborough is merely a person I respect, I didn't come to my arrival of thought because of him as my 1st post not mentioning him at all should show.

Suffering can provide a better argument for the existence of God than one against it. As human-beings we believe that people ought not to suffer, be excluded, or die of hunger or oppression. But the evolutionary mechanism of natural selection depends on death, destruction and violence of the strong against the weak, and all of these things are perfectly natural. On what basis does the atheist judge the natural world to be horribly wrong, unfair and unjust?

I don't judge the natural world as so, I judge the world as being just as it is, without reason.

My views imply I would only judge the natural world as being unjust on the existence of a God being a reality.

David Attenborough has produced many documentaries including human beings, The Living Planet being 1 of them.

We all affirm our beliefs on the beliefs of others, regarding many things but David Attenborough is merely a person I respect, I didn't come to my arrival of thought because of him as my 1st post not mentioning him at all should show.

Suffering can provide a better argument for the existence of God than one against it. As human-beings we believe that people ought not to suffer, be excluded, or die of hunger or oppression. But the evolutionary mechanism of natural selection depends on death, destruction and violence of the strong against the weak, and all of these things are perfectly natural. On what basis does the atheist judge the natural world to be horribly wrong, unfair and unjust?

I don't judge the natural world as so, I judge the world as being just as it is, without reason.

My views imply I would only judge the natural world as being unjust on the existence of a God being a reality.

So because God does not exist, the world cannot be considered unjust?

• Upvote 1

There are many things in the world that displease me but if there is no intelligent creator of this universe then there is only what is.

I can understand a baby being born with HIV in the chaos of the world without a God, I can't understand why that would happen if there was a God.

There are many things in the world that displease me but if there is no intelligent creator of this universe then there is only what is.

I can understand a baby being born with HIV in the chaos of the world without a God, I can't understand why that would happen if there was a God.

Why not?

Still this does not disprove the existence of God

Ulysses, what are your views on this point?

2. Reading about Darwin and his predictions ie: predicting accurately a type of moth that existed just by the shape of a plant even though he died before said moth was discovered.

http://lepcurious.livejournal.com/7124.html

I don't believe God and Evolution by Natural Selection are mutually exclusive.

Do you believe in the story of Noahs ark in the Bible word for word?

Why not?

Because I was raised to believe in a loving God and that is not loving.

Ulysses, what are your views on this point?

2. Reading about Darwin and his predictions ie: predicting accurately a type of moth that existed just by the shape of a plant even though he died before said moth was discovered.

http://lepcurious.livejournal.com/7124.html

I don't believe God and Evolution by Natural Selection are mutually exclusive.

Do you believe in the story of Noahs ark in the Bible word for word?

No

Why not?

Because I was raised to believe in a loving God and that is not loving.

On the contrary, what greater love than Jesus (God incarnate) dying for the sins of the world

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3.16.

The Bible constantly reminds us of the temporal nature of this world, and the hope of the world to come, where there is no suffering. It promises us that we will get the life we most longed for, but it will be an infinitely more glorious world than if there had never been the need for bravery, endurance, sacrifice or salvation.

After all what can we truly know what joy is if we have never seen sadness.

FYI christianity existed in Africa before Europe, in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is mentioned more times in the bible than any other country apart from israel.....and nearly All african cultures believed in gods and ONE main 'god', AND the creation story. so talking about europeans bringing christianity to africa is crass. secondly, Christianity, like islam was politicised by europeans just as arabs did for islam.....so anyone saying "i grew up as a catholic"...is kinda laughable. catholics are far from christians mate...1 billion of yous are as apostate as 1 billion muslims.

• Upvote 1

Guest Awesome Kong

They were in Africa before Europe