Man Claims 300k House For 16 Dollars!

mr_r

why are the neighbours getting involved with all the investigating like they have a stake in the property?

i dont kno how he lives...but its not like he is holding parties or being a nuisense everyday..he seems like a guy who did his research, found a loophole and took advantage

them electric and water bills will be expensive tho

Pain...

$300,000 for that house! Are you being serious? That's a mansion for £190,000!

f*ck London.

exactly what I thought

props to him but its a bit cold to the homeowner that didn't know of that law, imagine they would have had to put down at least 20% (I imagine) at the start of the mortgage, only for someone to pay a minimal amount of money to get it after they've lost all of their money

Its the same thing as squatting though.

I dunno how you can look past the facts that the family who lived their poured in all their money into it, got evicted, and some next person just rolled in without paying for the house. Just $16 for the processing.

That's not the way the world works. This isn't the little man triumphing over the big man, this is more like the hard working man being shat on by the system and that being taken advantaged of my someone who's not hard working.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

how dyou know he isnt hard working?

Fair enough, that's an assumption.

My issue is that the people who were there before should be able to live there rather than him.

why? the owners have a massive debt on the mortgage, which is the reason they probably left in the first place.

Its the same thing as squatting though.

I dunno how you can look past the facts that the family who lived their poured in all their money into it, got evicted, and some next person just rolled in without paying for the house. Just $16 for the processing.

That's not the way the world works. This isn't the little man triumphing over the big man, this is more like the hard working man being shat on by the system and that being taken advantaged of my someone who's not hard working.

He's within the laws of the land, I for one am glad to see someone not wealthy exploiting loop holes rather than the rich and powerful.

Kudos to him for doing his research.

Mortgages usually have something like a 20% deposit. That means the owners probably paid at least $60,000 towards the house. They don't get that back unless the house is sold for how much they bought it for. So they have this $60k stake in the house and a guy is living in it for free - I don't think that's right.