Girls are cold/WMSL

Lacoste

article-2016282-0D11568E00000578-782_468x697.jpg

Jamaican bride dumps new husband 20 MINUTES after arriving in the UK... and guess who paid for her £5k visa

Heartbroken charity worker believes she 'joined boyfriend with whom she planned scheme'

He paid £5,000 for her visa

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 12:50 PM on 19th July 2011

Comments (470) Add to My Stories Share A charity worker who spent £5,000 bringing his new Jamaican bride to the UK was left heartbroken after she abandoned him within 20 minutes of walking through his front door.

Johnny Gannon spent thousands arranging a visa for 24-year-old Patrice Chambers so they could live in marital bliss in his council flat in Perth, Scotland.

But as soon as Patrice arrived in Perth, she sent trusting Mr Gannon, 57, out to buy Pot Noodles. When he returned she grabbed her bags and told him she was going.

False pretences: Mr Gannon pictured with his new wife after their wedding in Jamaica

Within 20 minutes of arriving through his front door she had flagged down a car and caught a train. He found out she had also run up a £500 bill on his mobile phone.

Heartbroken Mr Gannon, who married Patrice in Jamaica early this year, believes his new wife fled to Bristol to meet a Jamaican boyfriend with whom she had organised the scheme.

He told the Daily Mirror: 'I was looking forward to spending the rest of my life with Patrice but I think she had planned all along to do this.

More...Dewani 'exercises for hours'...but is too ill to stand trial due to 'fragile mental state'

'I'm at peace with it': Bride-to-be paralysed in tragic pool accident at her bachelorette party to finally marry a year later

Make that three! Cabaye joins Barton and Ranger after being denied visa for Newcastle's US tour

'My relationship with her wasn’t something I’d done by mail order. I’ve known her for two years and it seemed very much like the real thing to me. She has used me and I feel humiliated.

'I had a vision of happiness laid out. I feel like a bit of a fool.'

Mr Gannon takes regular holidays in Jamaica and met Patrice there two years ago.

A friend set them up on a blind date but despite the 33-year age gap he fell in love with her after their first meeting in a romantic bar in the resort of Treasure Beach.

As the couple watched dophins playing in the water he believed he had found the girl of his dreams.

'She ran a little bar and I'd hang out with her there,' he said. 'She was intelligent and I myself thought she had the potential to be a great life partner.

Victim: Mr Gannon said he feels 'a bit of a fool' after his new wife left him

Runaway: Jamaican Patrice Chambers arrived at Edinburgh Airport but fled Mr Gannon's Perth home after just 20 minutes

'Of course I was pinching myself over how lucky I'd been to end up with such a beautiful young woman. But the relationship was getting better over time so I wasn't suspecting any kind of sting operation.'

He heard from a friend that she had a boyfriend back in the UK but when challenged she said it was in the past.

His love for her meant that he trusted her and he continued to see her on trips to Jamaica.

In fact, it was her who first brought up the subject of marriage and a ceremony was organised on one of his trips to the country.

He had paid for her dress and hair on the big day and when he returned to Scotland worked on getting a visa for her.

In the end he sent her £700 for paperwork in Jamaica and even more money when she said it had been stolen.

This year alone he has spent more than £4,000 on her.

Friends met the couple off the plane and they flew to Edinburgh to start their new life together but she told him she didn't want to be with him and when he returned from shopping for her he took her to the railway station.

He has reported her to police and plans to contact the UK Border Agency and now he is considering how he will tell his mother

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016282/Charity-worker-paid-5-000-Jamaican-brides-visa-left-heartbroken-flees-UK-home-20-MINUTES.html#ixzz1SaWEiaRp

• Upvote 1

Surprisingly the comments were more about the stupidity of the old man than the race of the woman.

Maybe DM readers are changing....

the comments on the website are generally ones of common sense considering the trash the newspaper prints out.

after anything big happens i usually go on there to read the comments.

Do you know funny thing is he seemed genuinly enamoured n in love wiv her...she probli would of had a good loving life with him..but no she will just be on run with her crim man living off sofas no doubt..

She could of used that guys love for her and the benefits of being his wife and bettered her nasty self but she chose not to..hope they find her soon and deport her asap

• Upvote 4