VIP2 MOVIE CLUB pt.2

Admin.

seen hunger games last weekend, thought it was quite good, missed the beginning so found it hard to get into plus it seemed dry. But yeah good film

Still need to watch Safe House .. any good people?

Very enjoyable film but also very predictable

Sundance Film Festival anyone going to this at the o2?

2 Days in New York

The third of Julie Delpy’s freewheeling explorations of modern relationships, this time set in New York. Expect a transatlantic romp with comedian Chris Rock adding some Manhattan spice to the Gallic wit.

Chasing Ice

The first of several cutting-edge documentaries, in which film-maker James Balog answers his own question, “How can you take a picture of climate change?”, by using time-lapse photography to provide incontrovertible proof of global warming.

Filly Brown

The story of a raw young Mexican hip hop artist whose singing helps her deal with the fact that her mother is in jail. Look out for exciting new star Gina Rodriguez in the title role.

Finding North

Another look at our changing world, this time focusing on the looming food crisis and the shocking fact that one in six Americans doesn’t get enough to eat on a regular basis.

The House I Live In

Winner of the Sundance Grand Jury Prize: a documentary showing how the US government’s “War on Drugs” has become a dangerous losing battle which — with 45 million arrests — has turned the US into the world’s largest jailer.

Liberal Arts

A rom-com about a college graduate whose life is on hold until he meets up with an enthusiastic female student on a trip back to his alma mater. Elizabeth Olsen stars opposite writer/director Josh Radnor.

LUV

An 11-year-old boy bonds with his troubled uncle on the streets of Baltimore. It’s a film about the city and was shot there by Sheldon Candis, a first-time film-maker whose home town it is.

Nobody Walks

Another Sundance winner: Manhattan meets LaLa Land as Martine, a New York artist, moves into a LA family’s pool house, torpedoing their sexual and emotional composure in the process.

An Over-Simplification of Her Beauty

A pioneering mix of live action and animation as a lonely artist tries to understand why the mystery girl he just met won’t be coming over tonight after all.

The Queen of Versailles

The American Dream collapses when billionaires Jackie and David’s dream of building America’s biggest house (inspired by the Palace of Versailles) runs head-on into the current economic recession. Rich people hurt too, you know.

Shut Up and Play the Hits

Documentary about the last 48 hours in the life of cult band LCD Soundsystem, as they prepare for their final gig at Madison Square Garden.

Under African Skies

The latest from master documentarian Joe Berlinger (who was a fly on Metallica’s wall a few years back) as he explores the making of — and the controversy surrounding — Paul Simon’s 1986 album Graceland.

Safety Not Guaranteed

One of Sundance’s weirder titles — maybe that’s why it won the Screenwriting Award — about three people investigating a Craigslist ad looking for a time-travel volunteer. Expect a dish of sci-fi farce with a side order of emotion.

For Ellen

Another music-themed movie with Paul Dano as a struggling musician on one of those all-American journeys: a road trip to stop his ex-wife getting sole custody of their daughter.

Can book your tickets through http://www.sundance-london.com

May try going to a couple of screenings.

• Upvote 1

seen hunger games last weekend, thought it was quite good, missed the beginning so found it hard to get into plus it seemed dry. But yeah good film

f*ckin awful, fell asleep in the cinema

Has anyone, and by anyone I prob mean Stat, seen zatoichi? Just started on sky arts

:Y: Was this the 2003 version? Been quite a few version but a damn good film, Beat Takeshi is a bad ass

Zaitoichi the assassin is a badman film.

I confuse it with Shogun Assassin for some reason, but seen them both. Prefer the original zaitoichi

Actually I WILL attend. Me & my boy looking to get into film-making, I think this will be a good oppurtunity to check out how this work & do some research :)

How's that going so far? Worked on any scripts?

I've just finished my 10 minute piece and looking to work on a few more before I start up again in October, was hoping to film one.

Actually I WILL attend. Me & my boy looking to get into film-making, I think this will be a good oppurtunity to check out how this work & do some research :)

How's that going so far? Worked on any scripts?

I've just finished my 10 minute piece and looking to work on a few more before I start up again in October, was hoping to film one.

We've just started :Y: ,we're trying to write a script right now for a short film to shoot later this year..

Looking to purchase Cannon EOS 550D for shooting,but still looking around for a decent cam around £500-600.

I've got an idea for a script,will pm you.

f*ckin awful, fell asleep in the cinema

:lol:

finally watched it last night .. didnt really enjoy it. was daydreaming through a bit of it

gonna see cabin in the woods next week

Yesterday’s news of a Raging Bull II directed by National Lampoon’s Cattle Call helmer Martin Guigui sent cinephiles racing to their computers to express their outrage. But Martin Scorsese, who directed the first Raging Bull, is careful to remain diplomatic.

“Oh, nothing I could say about it except I don’t think I could revisit the material, as they say,” he said when approached by GQ for his thoughts on the matter. “I think we said what we had to say at the time. All of us moved on.” Scorsese then added, “I really don’t know what Raging Bull II would be.” Yeah, us either. [via EW]