BMSL/Men Are Colldd

Lacoste

_54260817_mabanda.gif

25 July 2011 Last updated at 18:39 Share this pageEmail Print Share this page

Cannock man jailed for giving partner HIV Nkosinati Mabanda had sex with nine women - seven have not been traced

A Staffordshire man who had unprotected sex with his partner knowing he had HIV has been jailed for four years.

Nkosinati Mabanda, 44, from Cannock, admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm by infecting the woman with HIV.

Wolverhampton Crown Court heard Mabanda, originally from Zimbabwe, had sex with at least eight other women.

Detectives said they were unable to trace all of them. His former partner, who lives in the Walsall area, said she had been given a life sentence.

'Anger and relief'

The woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, went to the police after discovering that Mabanda, whose last address was given as Horseshoe Drive, in Heath Hayes, had had unprotected sex even though he knew he was HIV positive.

She said she felt a combination of anger and relief at the sentence.

"Anger at what he has done to me and potentially other women, and relief because he has been punished for his actions.

"I think he should have been given life because that's the life sentence he has given to me.

"What he did has had a devastating impact and will affect me every day for the rest of my life, but now I want to move on."

The court heard Mabanda told police he had had sex with at least nine women - seven of whom were unaware of his condition.

'Blase attitude'

As well as being jailed, he was also given an anti-social behaviour order preventing him from engaging in sex without revealing his HIV status.

The Home Office will be asked by the judge to consider deporting Mabanda.

After sentencing, West Midlands Police said it had been a complex and long investigation.

Supt Jean Thomas-West said: "The particularly disturbing element of this case is Mabanda's blase attitude towards his victim and his various other partners.

"Mabanda told officers he had had sex with nine women in the UK and that seven of them had not known he was HIV positive.

"Unfortunately, these women were impossible to trace."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-14278583

• Downvote 1

Looks like any oga..

This has happened before..with a white woman...pray tell what was the prison sentence?

Recent one was that half arab half white chick, think she's from Holland, not sure. Gave a few man HIV too. But she was/is a f*ck*ng looker. I'm guessing that them man thought attempting to breeding this ting was worth the risk.

the woman felt anger and relief at the life sentence given to her?

i didnt see anywhere in the report that the man raped her, or that they were regular sexual partners/married

IF YOU A: SHUT UR LEGS OR B: USED PROTECTION YOU WOULDNT HAVE THE LIFE SENTENCE.

YOU CHOSE TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS COS ITS BAIT UR A KNOWN SLUT.