Game Of Thrones

mp*

8 hours ago, Gambino said:

I've never wanted to pick up the books and read them whilst watching the show. I know it will bug the hell out of me reading differences etc. May read them once the TV series is over with. Was on a live video chat with that Nathalie Emmanuel a few years ago and she didn't seem too impressed when I said that about not reading the books.

Yep learnt this lesson after reading Harry Potter and then seeing the first film and feeling cheated. I don't even wanna imagine what they've cut out the shows. Nor how badly they bastardized the book that's yet to be released.

13 hours ago, Gambino said:

He is well out of the way now. Tyrion got Danaerys to leave him behind.... He must be in love with her, hence the scene with his face when Jon was banging it. Apparently in the original notes way back George had Tyrion and Jon Snow at war because Jon was banging his sister Arya and Tyrion loved her. This guy writes some weird shit lol.

I don't think they needed to change The Mountain either really, or the 3 eyed raven.

Urgh bloody hell

10 hours ago, Rsonist said:

Think GRRM has said he has nothing to do with the show now and that he dont even watch it no more

Clearly theres been a falling out with the shows direction between him and the producers

I mean they actually teased Jamies death not once but twice this season which was utter horse shit

But he was fully in the season 1-6 catch up hour special. Talkin all emotional (happy) about it

8 hours ago, Gambino said:

I've never wanted to pick up the books and read them whilst watching the show. I know it will bug the hell out of me reading differences etc. May read them once the TV series is over with. Was on a live video chat with that Nathalie Emmanuel a few years ago and she didn't seem too impressed when I said that about not reading the books.

Lolwut

/

I dont tend to read but would listen to a podcast of the books

Old Nan tells Bran that there was the 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who took a White Walker female for a wife and became a legend called the Night's King. He declared himself king of the Night's Watch and his white walker wife as Queen. He made sacrifices to the Others and committed other atrocities for 13 years. Another Bran Stark (Brandon the Breaker) and Joramun (Wildling King - Horn of Joramun) joined forces to kill the Night's King. When asked who it was, Old Nan responded that it was a Stark named Brandon. I believe Sam says that all records of this incident were removed from the Night's Watch library so nobody gets the idea to repeat it.

The Bran = Night King theory only works if Bran is really all Brandon Starks throughout history which I don't think works well in the story but they also have him seeing Westeros history more and more so maybe. The Night King in the show is much different than the book's lore. The White Walkers have not been written to be led by any "king" as of yet but the show is now converging legends and storylines at a rapid pace to bring the story to an end so really Bran could be the Night's King in the show but not in the books.

My guess is that Bran eventually skin changes into the Night's King and tries to control him for what use I haven't guessed yet. I'm still not sure if Bran is good or evil yet. I think he's going to lean evil eventually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gambino said:

I can't remember, can he see things in the future as well as the past and present? He can right? If so man let Danaerys take Viserion over that wall knowing the NK was gonna bag himself the tool to bring that wall down. Shrewd business.

Nah he explained to Samwell that he can see the past and present 

• Downvote 1

Saw a theory on reddit that said the hiund saw the mountains death in the fire when they were children and he told him thats why the mountain shoved his face into the fire... i now think that everytime my man sees fires he has visions in them thats why he always gets caught staring into the blazes not knowing what to do.

10 minutes ago, Admin. said:

Saw a theory on reddit that said the hiund saw the mountains death in the fire when they were children and he told him thats why the mountain shoved his face into the fire... i now think that everytime my man sees fires he has visions in them thats why he always gets caught staring into the blazes not knowing what to do.

So much potential and they wasted how many years on that bitch freeing slaves and the child getting abused by the many faced gods? It's just a damn shame is all I'm saying.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Admin. said:

What do you think he saw when he was starin into the fire when he met up with the the guy who kept gettin resurrected?

It led to him going on the journey with them

• Downvote 1

Just now, Grafter said:

What do you think he saw when he was starin into the fire when he met up with the the guy who kept gettin resurrected?

It led to him going on the journey with them

the dead marching at the arrow head mountain... thats what he said

/

Gnna jump back on the books got feast for crows sitting somewhere underneath a pile of books, will bang it out and jump on the next one, cos the foreshadowing in the books is actually mad especially with the hindsight of the show now its way ahead, can spot the subtle hints a lot easier, like they actually been calling jon snow the king since the first chapter but in a sly way

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Greens said:

Hope it don't feel rushed