Success Stories?

Mame Biram Diouf

Looking through this room its all negative stuff; cheating, slags, pregnancies etcGot a friend been with his girl 7 years now and had a fully legit relationship, so rare in this day an ageMust be surreal being with someone that long must literately know them inside out and sex must become a routine but hopefully they do last the long run and stand the test of timeAlso got an uncle been with his wife over 20 years, married and kids. Seeing his kids have both parents and the way he pushes them and they both offer them different things and pushing them in school, sports, reading etc proper got that good equilibrium Anyone else got any other positive reports?

• Upvote 3

My uncle met one chick, they started dating years back but something happened and they lost touch.Found each other at a function couple years later when she graduated, started dating again. Were together for about 7 yearsHe asked her dad for her hand in marriageNow they've been married for 6 years and have 2 kids... still happily married.I love her to bits.. she's Bajan and Grenadian.. yet she's taken it upon herself to learn Twi & teach it to the kids, as well as learning to cook Ghanaian dishes.

• Upvote 4

My old best friend from school been with his chick since he was 18/19, they have such a great relationship, i've never seen them argue or fall out, got a house together, they click ridiculously etc. They've both never cheated or anything, attended their wedding early this year and it was pretty amazing tbh.To see something grow from scratch to that point is surreal, I have no doubt they'll stand the test of time.Its nuts that from early I knew it would last, and i've never had that sense about anything or anyone else again.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you, its so easy just to walk away.Looking at my parents there has been ample amount of opportunity for both of them to walk away at different times and they havent. I dont even know if its because of love or what but im happy theyre still together 30 odd years down the line.

• Upvote 1

Bedrin been with his girl since they were 14went school together, went college together, went uni together, lived together.... now getting married after 11 yearsmakes me sick

• Upvote 1

I've been with Mrs Goddaz 14+ years. 3 children, raising them out of London, plan to have 1 more after we finally get married in JA next month. We've been putting it off for years lol.All is bless, we happy, kids are loving life, daddy & mummy setting them up nice. I can't complain. Obviously had ups & downs but the ups far out weighs the downs./I think the problem these days is no one wants to work at their relationships, first sign of problems & it's done. Over the years I've known many couples who just ended relationships based more on what other ppl thought rather than making the best decision for them. Also everyone seems to be looking/searching for Mr Perfect or Miss Perfect when infact it doesn't exist imo. YOU (the couple) have to make it as close to perfect as possible. Ask veteran couples they'll tell you have to work hard at making it work & sometimes you have to make selfless decisions.
props.. and grats with the wedding.

Big up to your folks J. For my mrs & I it's been a fine balance of love, care, give & take, selfless decisions, space, happiness, f*ck the world attitude when it comes to ppl judging us, sacrifices & just constantly keeping a strong united family unit which both of us didn't have growing up.

I've been with Mrs Goddaz 14+ years. 3 children, raising them out of London, plan to have 1 more after we finally get married in JA next month. We've been putting it off for years lol.All is bless, we happy, kids are loving life, daddy & mummy setting them up nice. I can't complain. Obviously had ups & downs but the ups far out weighs the downs./I think the problem these days is no one wants to work at their relationships, first sign of problems & it's done. Over the years I've known many couples who just ended relationships based more on what other ppl thought rather than making the best decision for them. Also everyone seems to be looking/searching for Mr Perfect or Miss Perfect when infact it doesn't exist imo. YOU (the couple) have to make it as close to perfect as possible. Ask veteran couples they'll tell you have to work hard at making it work & sometimes you have to make selfless decisions.
TBHand beautiful stuff, I know the wedding will be wonderful, after a certain amount of time things just cannot go wrong

fully c/s part in bold

• 1 month later...