Steve Kean ''I Wouldn't take Mame Diouf On A Free Transfer''

Mame Biram Diouf

Blackburn manager Steve Kean has received an 18-month driving ban for drunken driving after celebrating Manchester United's Premier League title success with Alex Ferguson.

The 43-year-old Kean pleaded guilty to being almost twice the legal driving limit. He was stopped by police in May hours after Blackburn's draw against United secured the title for Ferguson's side.

Kean admitted drinking more than two glasses of red wine with Ferguson after the match and a bottle of beer later at a pub near his Blackburn home.

Kean's legal team argued at Macclesfield Magistrates' Court on Monday that one of the drinks must have been spiked. But district judge Nicholas Sanders rejected that claim.

Cant wait till he gets fired Mr Average

• Downvote 2

kean isnt a manager.

• Downvote 1

• 8 months later...

[media=]

[/media]

:rofl:

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

831828-14215279-640-360.jpg

Hannover striker Mame Biram Diouf has revealed he had to leave Manchester United in a bid to keep his career going in the right direction.

Diouf, 24, managed only nine appearances for the Red Devils and despite a successful loan spell at Blackburn, could not break into United's first-team plans.

The Senegalese forward eventually secured a move to the Bundesliga with Hannover signing him for an undisclosed fee and ending two and a half years of sitting on the sidelines.

Since the move, Diouf has proved to be a great success, managing to play on a more regular basis and netting 15 times in 24 matches.

"Manchester United is a great club and I have enjoyed being a player of the club," Diouf told Bild.

"But when at such a big club like United you need someone that fully believes in your skills. It's useless just to be one more good player.

"It is a fact I wanted to move on. I did not want to have another loan spell at another club."