Living Under Sea In The Future

Mame Biram Diouf

Was watching a documentary on this couple months ago was very interesting.

Scientists were saying that 70% of our planet is water and with the rate the population is expanding we can't afford to not make use of the space.

We have better maps of mars then under the sea.

A possibility would be under water colonies and building very small underwater towns up to 7 miles deep and making them self-sufficient.

If it ever came to it would you volunteer? It probably won't happen in our life time but if it did I don't think I could do it would be depressing looking out your window seeing sharks swimming around and would take like 3 days to be decompressed and get up to the surface.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd be down for this

Though given the way people are almost wholeheartedly evil it wouldn't be a good idea going down into an entirely man-made and man-run structure

Besides, the Earth always shows up mankind for whatever hubris it exobots by leveling and f*ck*ng up all of it's supposedly awesome structures, and that sh*t going wrong would be catastrophic.

As for seeing Sharks etc outside your window I'd love that sh*t.

Hol' tight sebastian thuogh.

The amount of pressure underneath there wouldn't be feasible. There are ideas and plans for a transatlantic tunnel that would run from New York to Ireland then linking to London to Paris. However this idea is flawed in so many levels and the cost of building such tunnel under water is far greater than the US National Debt.

A better proposal is Japan's pyramid city.

Yes, because the atmosphere, organisms and soil are all man made, and can't be sustained without human interference.

Not man made but at this stage man presevered since man can f*ck all three of those things up with ease.

I don't agree, or understand how mans ability to (temporarily) pollute thousands of miles of breathable air by dropping a Nuclear Bomb, has anything to do with living under water in a completely artificial environment?

Yes, because the atmosphere, organisms and soil are all man made, and can't be sustained without human interference.

Not man made but at this stage man presevered since man can f*ck all three of those things up with ease.

I don't agree, or understand how mans ability to (temporarily) pollute thousands of miles of breathable air by dropping a Nuclear Bomb, has anything to do with living under water in a completely artificial environment?

You said you wouldn't like to live in it because of mans inherent evil nature. I'm saying you're subject to that nature whether you're on land or under water, natural or artificial environment. If you had said possibly something going wrong with the artificial environment then I could understand.

Well if one was to build a working environment lets say 1 KM beneath the sea, you would encounter 1472 psi, which means the weight of 667kg on the size of a fist. Now obviously not one would want to build at them depths as its too shallow, but laying buildings on a sea bed would be ideal but are many KM down. Just imagine a scenario in which a glass cracks at that pressure whether through structural fatigue or foreign objects hitting it. You would be crushed to about the size of a tin can.

You said you wouldn't like to live in it because of mans inherent evil nature. I'm saying you're subject to that nature whether you're on land or under water, natural or artificial environment. If you had said possibly something going wrong with the artificial environment then I could understand.

Yup, and man didn't create the Earth. Humans will exist and be cockroaches anywhere they go, however

You think I'd happily live in a structure entirely created and maintained by say, the current US Government?

No thankyou..

Yup, and man didn't create the Earth. Humans will exist and be cockroaches anywhere they go, however

You think I'd happily live in a structure entirely created and maintained by say, the current US Government?

No thankyou..

I don't think you understand the point I'm making. Guess this is where the conversation ends :/.