Playing the race card for no justifiable reason.

Skenghis Khan

not in response to a genuinely racist occurrence but purely out of gamesmanship.

tis lowly behaviour imo.

A situation has come up for a colleague at work. He's a white guy in his 40's, of all the door staff at the club ive been working, i like working with him best. He's quiet, humble, has a knack for bringing tense situations down a level and is calm and professional when things get on top, basically he's good at his job and comes across as a genuinely decent chap to boot.

we were on the door together one night and cctv call in saying they've just seen a black male chuck a bottle into a crowd. Doorstaff are inside looking for the guy so they can eject him, me and this colleague are on the door. Then we notice the guy who chucked the bottle has managed to slip out to the smoking area, my colleague goes over to get rid of him. The guy isnt happy, denies he threw anything and starts to bleat that he's being targeted because of his skin colour. My colleague reasons with him patiently before telling him to leave in no uncertain terms. The guy goes away, my colleague returns to the door, we comment on what a bellend the guy was and continue our night.

turn up for work a few nights later and the HD tells me the club asked him to pull the guy off the door because the black guy has complained he was racially abused by him and they dont want him working there till its resolved. now I doubt anything will come of it, the manager is a bit green (its his first club) and I think hes just being nervy, but the guy's asked me to speak for him if it comes to it.

the situation has pissed me off because:

1. I was present during the whole exchange, no racist remarks were made whatsoever, the man was asked to leave because his behaviour was dangerous and unacceptable.

2. I know that this doorman is definitely NOT racist. Ive witnessed him take offense to racist jokes. He complained to the HD about another doormen, I asked him why and he tells me: 'the guy was giving me a description and he goes "the fella was an ic..... errr...some kind of wog" and i dont want to work with someone like that'

it has also occurred to me that this could of happened to any one of us and that door staff are very vulnerable to this kind of accusation.

when people cry wolf like this for vindictive or selfish reasons it means that white ppl are likely to stop listening when black ppl complain about racism full stop, which is a shame because there are still issues of race/prejudice that need addressing in this country.

discuss.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Using the 'race card' willy nilly is pointless and course productive.

But if 'White people' stop listening to the real issues about race, because of a few incidents like this, then it would be (is) pathetically narrow minded and highlights the problem of seeing black folk as a collective rather than individuals , as they would with other whites.

Hope the guy gets his job back soon.

• Upvote 2

cctv call in saying they've just seen a black male chuck a bottle into a crowd.

Then we notice the guy who chucked the bottle has managed to slip out to the smoking area, my colleague goes over to get rid of him. The guy isnt happy, denies he threw anything and starts to bleat that he's being targeted because of his skin colour.

I don't quite understand how you managed to connect the two.

radio call: "male ic3, light coloured checkered shirt, dark jeans, cropped hair average build, just seen him throw what looked like a large bottle onto the dance floor, can you go and get him please"

/

the point is this guy has complained he was racially abused by the doorman in question ie name calling etc and not that he was wrongfully ejected from the club. I was present during the whole exchange and this racial abuse did not happen. Its a vindictive fabrication, and it means a guy with a family, who incidentally is against any kind of racial discrimination, cannot work.

Tbh, its just unlucky, I havent even been going out too long in my life, and I already experienced many bouncers that are on slight power trips.

Clearly you have worked with people that are racist, but the guy was obviously an idiot...or too drunk to realized his cuntish behavior

radio call: "male ic3, light coloured checkered shirt, dark jeans, cropped hair average build, just seen him throw what looked like a large bottle onto the dance floor, can you go and get him please"

/

the point is this guy has complained he was racially abused by the doorman in question ie name calling etc and not that he was wrongfully ejected from the club. I was present during the whole exchange and this racial abuse did not happen. Its a vindictive fabrication, and it means a guy with a family, who incidentally is against any kind of racial discrimination, cannot work.

dem fed slang there

do u lot do a runnin roll shouting "Cover me on three" for certain incidents too?

• Upvote 3

/

dem fed slang there

do u lot do a runnin roll shouting "Cover me on three" for certain incidents too?

Yeah, yeah I bet you called him a black c*nt under your breath as well didn't you, you f*ck*ng white daemonte

I hate when I have a justifiable reason and people say you're playing the race card.

c/s

Also when folks actually pull the counter - race card for you.

e.g. [i']And its not because you are black' [/i]....... police drop this alot

Semi-off topic

I also can't stand this sentence ' I aint been racist but......'.

Its like don't bother even saying it. Because most of the time it ends up been a racist remark...

But if 'White people' stop listening to the real issues about race, because of a few incidents like this, then it would be (is) pathetically narrow minded and highlights the problem of seeing black folk as a collective rather than individuals , as they would with other whites.

c/s

c/s

That collectivist mindset works both ways though, the 'white man' etc etc

Neither is very productive

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

c/s

That collectivist mindset works both ways though, the 'white man' etc etc

Neither is very productive

I think the majority of both groups are past that, really.

• Downvote 1

if he was in the smoking area, his fight had been calmed down and he was probably gonna enjoy his night.

there was nothing urgent, not like CCTV phoned and said there was a mass brawl, and can You come in and break it up

from when You didn't have to leave Your spot on the door, no 1 needed to be thrown out

power hungry d*ckhead bouncers

• Downvote 4