David De Gea

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest Portuguese

Portuguese I'm actually ashamed. Technically cr9 is one of the best on the planet. Regardless of how athletic he is

No way

There is aleast 20 players who are technically superior than Cristiano

Guest Portuguese

portuguese seems a bitter guy

Bitter how?

Like I have said many times

I rate footballers over athletes

How is that being bitter?

Don't let goals/YouTube complications f*ck your judgement up

Guest Portuguese

Portuguese I'm actually ashamed. Technically cr9 is one of the best on the planet. Regardless of how athletic he is

No way

There is aleast 20 players who are technically superior than Cristiano

Messi

Alves

Iniesta

Xavi

Sanchez

Cesc

Villa

Thiago

Alonso

Ozil

Benzema

Cazorla

Isco

Banega

Dinho

Neymar

Danny

Zlatan

Cassano

Pirlo

Robinho

Van Persie

Schweni

Silva

Kun

Rooney

Suarez

Nani

Modric

Gotze

Eto'o

Forlan

Lavezzi

Ganso

Technique=first touch,ball control,vision

If Cristiano didn't score goals there is no way you would call him one of the best footballers in the world.

Cristiano if you said he was one of the best finishers in the World

I would say nada and agree

• Upvote 1

Surley youve got to have pretty good technique to become one of the best finishers in the world :/

/

vision is not technique, it is a mental attribute - executing that vision would require technique.

Guest Portuguese

Inzaghi?

RVN?

:/

I am talking about superior technical levels not basic.

Vision is mental as well as technical what's the point of having pictures in your head if you can't draw and paint them for everyone to see?

Guest Portuguese

I never said he didn't lack technique but I did say there is superior technical players around which is true

The guy is more of an athlete than a footballer

Cristiano

a) is he more likely to kill the ball and look up play a team mate through

B) is he likely to kill the ball dead knock the ball past a defender and get a shot off

I am going round in circles it's clear this guy's game has been clocked onto yet

Next I am going to be told he is one of the worlds best free kick takers when in reality he is terrible

Guest Portuguese

Bayern

22 German titles

2 Intercontential titles

4 European Cups(4 times runners up)

Yet there not bigger Man Utd

Like I said more successful/better ran club/better team

Clubs more succesful than United.

Liverpool

AC Milan

Barcelona

Madrid

Ajax

Right the debate was about which club us the biggest in the world, then greatness got into it,

By mentioning Ajax your highlighting the reason why pretty early on in the debate people were outlining a criteria of what makes the worlds biggest and greatest club,

Even a die hard Ajax season ticket holder for 40 odd years on crack isn't going to say Ajax are bigger or greater than Manchester United, sorry,

Also mentioning that Milan are bigger/greater than United because of 7 European cups to 3 is ridiculous as then I could make some totally stupid claims about how some of the more obscure Champions league winners are bigger/greater than some undeniably big teams who haven't won it.

I.e Nottingham Forrest 2 Arsenal 0 riddiculous statement,

Refer to the different criteria to avoid further chupidness!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

You cannot say Ajax are bigger.

Their success came during the time of Cruyff even though their recent success was 1995

Which big team has a mass exodus within a period of three years after being kings of Europe

IMO the likes of Juve/Bayern/AC being bigger is very debateable( even though it's obvious them three are in my eyes)

Bayern

22 German titles

2 Intercontential titles

Some would argue that due to the competition in the respective leagues, that Bayern have underachiever somewhat on a domestic front,

22 league tittles in the German league to Uniteds 19 or Liverpools 18 even,

There are teams with even more honours than Bayern, why don't you add them to the list, Grasshoppers in Switzerland have won 27 league tittles, add them to the list.

If it was just about honours, the United wouldn't even be top in Britain,

That's why the criteria states more than just honours,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

I would if Grasshoppers had European success to go with their domestic success which quite frankly they don't.

Which part of Bayern being better ran than Man Utd did I miss out?

Their profits are crazy also their current model/philosophy is nuts.

Allow taking the likes of Bayern like they are any team.

• Downvote 3

Guest Portuguese

Did Some clown really say Man Utd are bigger than Real?

I can't remember Real selling a key player to Man Utd never ever but if you put the shoe on the other foot then boy

• Downvote 1

Clubs more succesful than United.

Liverpool

AC Milan

Barcelona

Madrid

Ajax

Right the debate was about which club us the biggest in the world, then greatness got into it,

By mentioning Ajax your highlighting the reason why pretty early on in the debate people were outlining a criteria of what makes the worlds biggest and greatest club,

Even a die hard Ajax season ticket holder for 40 odd years on crack isn't going to say Ajax are bigger or greater than Manchester United, sorry,

Also mentioning that Milan are bigger/greater than United because of 7 European cups to 3 is ridiculous as then I could make some totally stupid claims about how some of the more obscure Champions league winners are bigger/greater than some undeniably big teams who haven't won it.

I.e Nottingham Forrest 2 Arsenal 0 riddiculous statement,

Refer to the different criteria to avoid further chupidness!

Didn't i say more successful?

Also why you bringing up Nottingham Forest. Forest aren't current, Milan are still a great club with a lot of success in the last few years not the same at all.

Bayern

22 German titles

2 Intercontential titles

Some would argue that due to the competition in the respective leagues, that Bayern have underachiever somewhat on a domestic front,

22 league tittles in the German league to Uniteds 19 or Liverpools 18 even,

There are teams with even more honours than Bayern, why don't you add them to the list, Grasshoppers in Switzerland have won 27 league tittles, add them to the list.

If it was just about honours, the United wouldn't even be top in Britain,

That's why the criteria states more than just honours,

They've also won 4 European Cups, so that argument becomes moot..

Ok, so you came in here to say to the world that there are clubs who are more successful than Manchester United.

Errm ok.

Now back to the debate at hand, but thanks for your irrelevant contribution, it's always good to have someone walk into the room an announce something that everybody else in the room already knew.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

He's been getting a lot of flack today, interesting to see what SAF will do in the next few games.

Not really, Lindegarrd was always going to be back in the net for the next game, De Gea only got the start coz it was a cup

Game,

Which was interesting from the off as due to Bellamy having already playing twice in the week the odds of Carrol starting was high,

Saying that though, Liverpool didn't deliver as many balls into the box as I thought they would,