Present Day Gaming (For You...)

Guest haze-e

Guest haze-e

How would you rate it?

Only reason I make this topic is because i have been jobless for the last 2 weeks. I havent really played anything (And not because of job hunting either) and even when i turn on my xbox, moretime its for Last.FM or it goes straight off.

Comparing this to 3/4years ago when i was in Uni (Dossing about) and would spend the whole day playing COD4. Times when Me JJ Tulse Sho Ice etc would be up from 7pm to 5am playing Football Manager network games.

I dunno if im getting too old... Or the games out nowadays are just not grabbing me as much. I havent played Blops for months, albeit its a terrible game. I just cant really get into Halo. I have been trying Starcraft but the level of difficulty is a big hurdle to get over. Obviously im waiting for September/October/November to come when this stagnant period of games being released picks up again and the GOTY Batman: Arkham City comes out, along with titles like Fifa, Pro, COD, BF, FM12 etc.

Do you feel you still have time for gaming like you did in the past years? Do you still have the same passion?

The days of me playing for hours on end on my own are gone, I don't have either the time or I'm just not too into them. Take LA Noire for example, I really wanted to like this and sit through all 3 discs for the 360 but as I played the first few stages I got bored, yet I love playing Fifa, COD with mates when they come over.

With games now we seem to get more of the same.

I am really starting to get sick of games now. I am sick to death of FPS games, I never want to play another COD game or anything similar. Games definitely dont engage me like they used to, partly down to the fact that they are severely dumbed down these days to appeal to a wider audience. The last true great game I played was Demons Souls but that got overlooked by most people because it was punishing and didn't hold your hand throughout the game. It is not because I am getting older, I am currently playing through ff9 again and loving it.

I think the only games I will be getting this year are Dark Souls, Skyrim and Diablo 3 (If its out this year)

It's like i'm walking down a long road and the days where I anticipated playing the newest game for hours and hours are long gone.

All i can do is look back, smile and think of the good times as i continue on this road called life.

*solitary tear rolls down my face*

good bye youth.

emotional

/

cant wait for FM 2012.

• Upvote 2

There are few games I really like playing these days, and the ones aside from SSF4 and GOW are the games that weren't really as successful like Vanquish and Bayonetta. I think it's part of getting older and knowing that you only have so much time these days to spend gaming alongside your main responsibilities. Anyways, I'm looking forward to September and October for Gears 3 and the new Batman game. I will be content with those two for a while to come.

It's like i'm walking down a long road and the days where I anticipated playing the newest game for hours and hours are long gone.

All i can do is look back, smile and think of the good times as i continue on this road called life.

*solitary tear rolls down my face*

good bye youth.

emotional

lol / so true

Could be an age thing but I have barely been touching my games consoles at all in the last Year or 2. Just don't seem to get the same joy from it or wanna put the time and effort into playing now. I have pre ordered FIFA as a standard yearly thing though and I prob will get Battlefield and try get into it.....

Remains the same though I need Shenmue 3 in my life lol.