Contact lenses gang

Rippy

If you do, what contacts do you wear?

Monthly? Daily? Reusable? Disposable?

How many hours a day do you wear them?

Had my monthly for many years, but been wearing my glasses a lot recently. Noticed contacts kill my eyes now even when wearing for less than 8 hours. They feel slightly sore and I feel way more tired than normal. Was wondering why I felt so dead so much this year.

Thinking of switching to daily but not sure. Is it worth changing?

I wear monthly disposables (when I can be bothered to buy them) sometimes ill wear them for the full 12 hours, sometimes I fall asleep in them lol and sometimes I wear them for a short period. If I wear them too long my eyes start itching.

I wear fresh look colour blends when i should be wearing toric lenses lol... but it comes in 3month bulks, it's hexpensive!

Went for a laser eye appointment... when they broke down the cost I wanted to cry :(

I'm not about to spend 3g's on each eye for my sight to potentially reverse itself

Try the daily disposables and see what they're like... do you clean them properly?

My brother got laser eye done in birms couple years ago, no complications.

Educate me on the post-op treatments. One surgery and good for life? I've heard that your required to use eye drops for a long period of time after.

I'm slightly fed up of my poor eyesight, have had glasses since I was 10. On the topic of contact lenses, I've never really considered them, I'm comfortable with my frames.

Try the daily disposables and see what they're like... do you clean them properly?

Yeah thought it was me not cleaning them properly, but I put new ones in and they hurt first day in.

I'll have a checkup next week and see what the problem is. Will probably switch to daily disposables providing it isn't too expensive.

Laser eye surgery is a last resort. Probably will consider it in a few years.

/

I hate the catch for post-treatments. It's obviously worth it, but inconvenient. E.g. I have to wear retainers forever now at night. (few times a week though).