The Cash Money Appreciation Thread

Sinister

Didnt like them for ages, cos when I was on the No Limit hype I used to cuss and say why are CM blatantly just copying No Limits advert style\look in Right On and BlackBeat lol haha

Back That Azz Up was a tune

i was on the no limit hype too. no limit and cash money were my labels. no limit had a cd out every week for soooo long.we need a no limit thread. i have or had no limit cassettes i used to get from my cousins from NO. mad how albums used to come on tape. thinking about it now makes me feel so old man

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
HAS LIL WAYNE SIGNED THE BIGGEST DEAL IN URBAN MUSIC HISTORY?

It has been reported that Lil Wayne, who has been signed to Cash Money Records since he was a teenager, has signed a new big money deal. Staying loyal to his team, Weezy recently re-signed a four-album deal with the label headed by Birdman, and now rumours have been spinning around discussing the value of his deal...

When questioned on whether the deal was made on the agreement of Lil Wayne receiving $150 million, Birdman refused to confirm or deny the rumours. However, he did tell MTV News: "The type of situation we did [has] never been done in urban music. It's probably the biggest deal ever in urban music. I'm blessed to even do that — whatever my son want, he can get. It's all his anyway, so it don't really matter to me."

The 29-year-old said of his loyality to his team: "Everybody knows I came into the game at 11 years old with Cash Money Records, before we even had a major deal. We signed a deal in I don't remember when, and I've been with Cash Money ever since. So, if you're looking for integrity, I am the definition. If you're looking for a person that's gonna stay down, I am the definition. If you're looking for loyalty, I am just that."

Talk about getting it in!

http://www.mtv.co.uk/music/urban/4916-has-lil-wayne-signed-the-biggest-deal-in-urban-music-history

• 2 months later...

B.G. Speaks On 14 Year Jail Sentence

New Orleans rapper and former Cash Money artist B.G. is speaking out following his recent sentence on weapons possession charges. Earlier this week the "Bling, Bling" MC was sentenced to 14 years in a federal jail after pleading guilty to two counts of being a felon in possession of a firearm? and one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice.

"I am relieved I found out what my fate was yesterday because I was facing 30 years and my case kept getting pushed back" B.G. said in a statement. "I am just ready to get my sentence started because it's not RIP BG it's FREE BG ... I feel happy and blessed that I will still be a young man and still be able to see daylight because I am someone, a dad, a brother and a son."

B.G. (born Christopher Dorsey) had pleaded guilty to being a felon in possession of a firearm after police stopped him in 2009 in Eastern New Orleans. He was arrested along with two associates, Demounde Pollard, 20 and Jerod Fedison, 30. Police found three guns, as well as loaded magazines, in the car, two of which had been reported stolen, and later determined that the car had been stolen from an Alamo rental car parking lot.

Pollard confessed to ownership of the guns, but police later determined that he'd done so at Dorsey's request. When the state criminal case moved to federal court, Pollard and Fedison pleaded guilty, which opened up an avenue to charge Dorsey. The Cash Money rapper had confessed to the gun possession and obstruction charges, but refused to cooperate with police. Pollard took a plea deal and was sentenced to 30 months in prison and Fedison, whose rap sheet was longer, received a 20-year bid.

During the trial, prosecutors introduced videos linking Dorsey to two of New Orleans' most high-profile alleged murderers, imprisoned alleged drug kingpin Telly Hankton and Walter Porter, men whom the rapper had name checked in online clips. Prosecutors were asking for a 25-year prison term for Dorsey in the case, pointing to the videos as proof of the MC's wide-ranging criminal activity, according to the Times-Picayune.

The lawyer for the "Bling Bling" rapper, whose songs chronicled the gritty street life of hustlers and the high life of flashy MC's, said his client's appearance in the controversial videos was merely "posturing and marketing," saying that while "many people would frown upon his art ... it is art." The judge in the case indeed frowned on the videos, but would not allow them to be employed to secure the longer sentence.

"His career has just been deplorable and sad," U.S. District Judge Ginger Berrigan said of Dorsey, whose videos she believed "may have contributed to the murders of young people" in New Orleans.

Dorsey racked up three felony drug convictions from 1998 to 2003. He was ordered to also serve three years of supervised release at the end of his prison term.

he wont do 14 but it's still sad

B.G >>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...