When you start going places

CarltonLeach

When you start climbing the ladder and mixing with more affluent and intelligent people, do you find yoruself trying to correct your pronounciation of words and get rid of that youthfull twang.

I'm not nesecairly talking abotu the youthful words used, I am talking about that accent and twang you have when you speak..

I know for a fact I'd be embarassed to talk like these youths in London when i am progressing in my twenties, any employer must look at you and look down on you.

It's such a put off and puts you in a box to be easily sterotyped.

I know I've got rid of my cockney accent, I can talk like a human being now, I find I am attracting more classier women, I have the respect of more inteligent and affluent people who are there to open doors for you.

also never forget to be polite.

some of you just post the dumbest threads then you get cussed and say people are hating.

about climbign the affluence ladder so i talk differently and am attracting classier women

f*ck*ng c*nt.

Bro,

When I am in the city with Tom and Mark who are in their 30's and on £60k a year, I get invited for a coffee to talk about the markets, we see these young white lad come in with a "gangster/london twang" in his voice, we just look down at him and laugh.

Stay at level 1, WE DO IT DIFFERENTLY UP HERE!

Gotta reinvent yourself from your humble beginings to get to the point where you are one of them, no longer that guy who can be proud because of his hard beginings and his London road life.

FLYING NOW.

some of you just post the dumbest threads then you get cussed and say people are hating.

about climbign the affluence ladder so i talk differently and am attracting classier women

f*ck*ng c*nt.

Bro,

When I am in the city with Tom and Mark who are in their 30's and on £60k a year, I get invited for a coffee to talk about the markets, we see these young white lad come in with a "gangster/london twang" in his voice, we just look down at him and laugh.

Stay at level 1, WE DO IT DIFFERENTLY UP HERE!

Gotta reinvent yourself from your humble beginings to get to the point where you are one of them, no longer that guy who can be proud because of his hard beginings and his London road life.

FLYING NOW.

it must be a long way up tulse hill then.

when I talk with people in positions of authority or whatever I speak slower, my accent doesnt really change but I have to think more about what I say so I dont randomly swear (because when Im thinkin of something i say "f*ckiiiiiiin....") plus the words I use would be slightly different to ones used around friends etc

cant change my accent, but in that scenario I pronouce T's in words, so instead of sayin harr, id say hearT

Amongst my team members and manager, its cool as most are my age and from the "ends" anyway. But when dealing with clients or going to Lloyds building then of course you speak different.

Everyone does it.

Same way you dont speak to your mum how you would speak to your friends.

lol @ me going Chez Gerad and speaking like im on road.