TEEN RAPPER BANNED

imhim

Teenage rapper banned from YouTube after gang Asbo

_55056273_stigs466.jpg

A teenage rapper has been served with the UK's first gang injunction, banning him from producing violent or aggressive music videos. But just how seriously should the police and authorities take lyrics about gang violence?

"They came to my house with a big folder with things they heard I did," says 18-year-old Matt.

"Like I was there when someone was beaten up or I make people do things."

Matt from Peckham in south London is the first person in England and Wales to be served with a gang injunction.

We have been asked not to use his real name for his own safety.

The injunction means he is not allowed to hang out with more than two people in his local area or walk down certain streets.

He is also banned from making any songs or videos that might encourage violence.

If he breaks any of the conditions he could go to prison for up to two years.

In court the judge was played videos featuring Matt, which had been posted on social networking sites.

Southwark Council took out the injunction because they say the films contain threats targeting other gangs in south London.

In one video a group of teenagers wearing gang colours are seen making hand signals and calling out gang names.

Jonathan Toy, the council's head of community safety, says social networking sites are the "new playground" for battles between gangs.

"We have to stop people using it for those reasons because once challenges are out there, then that is a key issue for how people react to each other on the streets," he says.

"I have a real problem when I have to walk into someone's home who has just lost their son to knife or gang violence, and I will do anything to stop that happening."

'Gangbos'

Matt admits some of his lyrics are violent.

In one YouTube video with more than half a million views, he raps about a stabbing saying, "You're always chatting on MSN, you should feel a piece of the knife, stabbing in your head, stabbing in your chest".

He claims his lyrics should not be taken as a real threat, but as a description of life growing up on an estate in London.

"There are films of people getting murdered and PlayStation games of people being shot in the head," he adds.

"But I get in trouble just for rapping about what happens on the road.

"They don't ban films or games but they are trying to ban what I am saying."

Matt has been in trouble with the police before and he has been cautioned for possession of a knife but denies he has ever been in a gang.

"They just want to assume we are in a gang because of our music," he says.

"It is violent here so what else do they want me to talk about?" - FLOWERS AND GARDENIN PMSL

The government wants to extend the use of gang injunctions so they can be issued to younger teenagers, as well as over-18s.

Those measures could come into force in England and Wales later this autumn when they have been voted on in parliament.

protect his identity.... am i d only 1 hu finks from dat picture its CLEARLY stigs (PYG , ANTI/GMG) ... swr he dnt talk road that much anymore, but i stopped listenin 2 him anyway ... but anyway LOL at tryna protect his identity

Not sure bro, never been able to identify different man by there ear lobe

• Upvote 8

protect his identity.... am i d only 1 hu finks from dat picture its CLEARLY stigs (PYG , ANTI/GMG) ... swr he dnt talk road that much anymore, but i stopped listenin 2 him anyway ... but anyway LOL at tryna protect his identity

Not sure bro, never been able to identify different man by there ear lobe

good 4 u then... 18 (stigs age) from peckham (stigs area) + the chain, dats da one he wears in ALL his recent videos... not really a disguise

the hair has been his look since he came out

if i had a music label i would sign him just to piss at the useless judge who banned him, but would let a peado go free with a slap on the wrist.

99.99% of judges, top policy making politicians, top policemen, media execs are all oxbridge grads.

that says everythign about these out of touch cunts always trying to look IN and come up with useless poicies that never work or apply to them.

wasnt some school banning a boy from having cornrows cos its 'gang' affiliated?

when the biggest and most powerful gangs in this country are the feds, and NATO

damn them.................damn them

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Guest phonecharger

i dont agree with this

but

a rapper that says "im a criminal" in a song

and

an actor who says "im a criminal" in a film

are not the same thing

what about a forum user who claims to be bossin gornz

• Upvote 2

Really and truly it's his fault. Keeping it real went badly wrong for my man, and he should have known better.

He's projecting his gang image in audio, and visually. Stigz ain't exactly Nas. He doesn't rap about it from a 'From my project window' type way, he isn't a fly on the wall.

The injunction means he is not allowed to hang out with more than two people in his local area or walk down certain streets.

He is also banned from making any songs or videos that might encourage violence.

If he's stood next to Big Chess in a bally, then what does he expect? In his mind he is probably only trying to be scary for the guys he has problems with, I fully understand that - but really and truly he has to realize that the internet is a big place. Normal people from Peckham don't want to see that sh*t when they walk past, or when they're on Youtube. Stigz is a gully yout' from what he says in his tracks, but he should put out a more positive message.

The first bit is peak, but I'd bet money that out of the 20-30 man I've seen around Stigz, only a couple are his close people - so rolling two man up isn't really a problem.

It's not really a harsh sentence to be honest, we'd be in a police state fully if he got shift.

He ain't all that lyrically anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cash >>> :Y: