Now What Do We Expect

MrJibbles

Lets move the conversation into here shall we?Now that the window has closed and reading some mixed reactions from Arsenal fans via Twitter, Talksport, the blogs etc. What are we now electing from this team?Fair enough the team has lost various players in recent months some being stars, keys, squad or up and comers, we have replaced them with;*Gervinho*Arteta*Park Chu-Young*Metersacker*Santos*Jenkinson*YossiSome aren't going to be on a level like Cesc or Nasri but they are all very good additions to a squad that needed refreshing! No one can disagree on that. What I can agree on with people was the shout for a marque name, do not get me wrong I would love to have seen Hazard, M'Vila and Martin, even Mata but them 4 along would set us back HUGE amounts of money, something of which I don't think we have in budget for spending or wages. What we did get was experienced internationals and two non-internationals at this moment. Don't forget we already have some really good players as it is, so this can only be a boost. Funny how a battering made them wake up.Now I'm feeling more optimistic about the season ahead, I still feel 4th is up for grabs and if we do nick it then it's a big achievement for us. My only wish is a trophy at the end of it and I'm happy.I'm sure I can say more but I'll let you lot discuss and jump in when I can.Enjoy the season ahead, up the Arsenal!

Cup and 4th or better. A nice beating of united would make me happy too! We can go far in the CL due to the way we play, other English teams like to park the bus and play physical but in Europe that is not always the case, I personally think we get much more joy from the way we play in Europe. When we have a full squad it will be good to see how these new boys gel together and enhance us, hopefully. Come on the arsenal!

• Upvote 1

well were weaker then last season when we finished 4th and the teams around us are better so I expect 5th/6th
On paper we arguably had a stronger side than united but they still won. This season its going to be more than strength and weakness its going to be a lot wits an d wills. Also how unified we are coz we didnt have too much of that last seasonand lastly leadership - the missing piece of the puzzle

1st step - Try and get an understanding of a solid first team 11 who will play 75% of games starting at Swansea.2nd step - Lift morale by destroying Swansea.3rd step - Take the Carling Cup seriously4th step - Reach the next stage of the Champions league5th step - Crawl back our deficit on the Manchester clubs by Christmas to at least 3 points.

• Upvote 6

i reckon we will get 4th and progress group stages in CL, dunno about the FA cupi want to see how merte/santos perform in our back line before i can be confident of anything, arteta will be class for sure though, no idea what chu young will bring but has to be better than shmak

5th step - Crawl back our deficit on the Manchester clubs by Christmas to at least 3 points.
this is doable, we have man city, chelsea and tottenham away until we play man u on jan 21 at home, enough winnable games in between to build confidence/consistencyi just hope we actually do spend in jan/next summer

Yeah we still need Hazard and I'm sure the club are hoping that Lille drop at the group stages so we can start working on bringing him here in January or next summer.Mertesacker is a great addition, robust. But like was said about our defensive line before was that we need some work on defensive positioning and determined players to carry out the pressing system we need to deploy for a passing team like ours to be successful on the pitch.