The OXLADE Appreciation Thread

CarltonLeach

Chambo needs to sort himself out

Joel hasn't even earned the full trust of the lads yet and he is already doing bits

Imagine when they have fully accepted him into the group, he's got all the tools this Campbell lad

/

If I was his agent I would look for a move to Utd, £25m, LVG needs a pacey winger

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wenger stuck him on the right again. Personally for us he looks best on the left.

I get why Wenger sticks Walcott left as Monreal needs the protection less than Bellerin, but Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain was struggling to get in the game and I felt they needed to change sides.

That aside Wenger definitely falling out of love with him. He needs a big performance very soon. Apparently he asked Wenger if he could play centrally during this injury crisis, smh he can't pass, he'll make me appreciate Ramsey more if he plays there.

Awful stats will raise concerns over Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s lack of progress at Arsenal

These worrying stats make dire reading for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Arsenal supporters alike.

The England international did not score or assist a single Premier League goal throughout 2015.

He had a couple of injury layoffs last year, but still managed to make 22 top-flight appearances.

A stronger indication of his concerning lack of progress is the fact that he has not managed more than two league goals in any of his five seasons since joining the Gunners from Southampton in 2011.

Yes, the 22-year-old has plenty of time to improve, but it would be fair to say that he is yet to reach the potential which persuaded Arsene Wenger to shell out £15m on him – fee reported by BBC Sport.

Oxlade-Chamberlain will hope that 2016 is a breakthrough the year for him, but it did not start well.

Although Arsenal beat Newcastle United 1-0 to stay top of the table, the midfielder was hooked on 68 minutes after failing to make an impact. Laurent Koscielny scored the winner four minutes later.

• 2 weeks later...

He is decent but he needs to make a decision

Does he stay at Arsenal and wait for injuries to have a breakout season (coquelin, joel campbell, ramsey) or does he leave

I wouldn't say he hasn't improved, but being played in different positions and being on the fringes of the first 11 hasn't helped the boy

I don't know what his best position is, I don't really know what his main attributes are (minus his pace & strength)

He's got to think about his International career as well now

West Ham, Spurs, Man Utd, even Lpool would be good options, I would've said Stoke but he wouldn't get in their first 11

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain shows Arsene Wenger a glimpse of what is to come, should the Arsenal boss continue to allow him to pull the strings from midfield

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain gives cause for optimism in reshuffled Arsenal midfield

knew something was up when they said he was brilliant in the FA cup

Waynes Ox's world we just live in it