The OXLADE Appreciation Thread

CarltonLeach

• English
  • CL Experience
  • Played for a top club
  • Actually a good player 

Can see the any of the usual suspects going for him (City , United , Chelsea ). If it wasn't for rivalry i'd put Tottenham in there , def.

Liverpool is an option but that point i mentioned about winning a league before Arsenal would be invalid.

No way he goes to a Stoke/Everton level club

Fuck knows

I'm just saying i wouldn't be surprised to see him linked to the clubs mentioned.

Wilshire would get the same response had Arsenal put him on the market to any of the top half clubs

Same way Welbeck got taken at Arsenal regardless of how some at United thought he wasn't good enough. Ticked the boxes.

15 minutes ago, Young Bape said:

Would have him at United but to play as a CM in a 3 man CM this is his best position. Him and Pogba box to box with a holding CM just behind them. Let the Ox rotatate matches with Herrera let them 2 give each other competition. That A.C Milan match in CL he was dope playing CM he was covering defensively in that game as well as attacking  

fam

Btw Oxlade is looking good for Arsenal in midfield as he has legs (Xhaka and Coquelin have none) and is clearly playing for a contract/transfer.

However I think a lot of you are forgetting the shit he has also done in that position (even during this purple patch)...

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/bayern-vs-arsenal/bayern-goal-muller-5-1.html

He needs to be a humble sideman, ride this Arsenal wave for as long as possible and call our Ashley for advice on how to steal a living

Guy averages 1 or 2 league goals a season

Loads of cheaper alternatives around Europe that won't have the English player tax on their price

Would give AP a chance before Ox

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, Lens said:

Pogba Herrera

Mikh Oxlade Martial

rotation between Oxlade and Mata for that spot and less game time for Wayne. 

I'd call it an improvement

Dropping a player that has 9 goals in 36 games this season for player that has 20 goals in the 180 games he's played for Arsenal since 2011 isn't an improvement 

1 hour ago, i5_PRODUCER said:

Def going to a top club 

Would put money on him winning a league before Arsenal do as well.

Swear man is only 23. Ticks too many boxes.

At a top club.

I can assure you even if that was true, he won't be the one winning said title...

Sadly other than pace none of those boxes are for playing attributes, all registration boxes.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, TF S4DK said:

At a top club.

I can assure you even if that was true, he won't be the one winning said title...

Sadly other than pace none of those boxes are for playing attributes, all registration boxes.

Who said he's not at a top club? , i said going to a top club as is no , he won't go down to Stoke level club.

You don't know what will happen next so no , you cannot assure that.

Sure a lot more boxes were ticked when you man signed him? Looking at his time at your club i would say there's more to him than " pace "

Could care less where he goes just funny how a guy who only ticks the box for " pace " at Arsenal starts against Bayern but is heading Stoke apparently

joke ting.

1 hour ago, Agony said:

He needs to be a humble sideman, ride this Arsenal wave for as long as possible and call our Ashley for advice on how to steal a living

Guy averages 1 or 2 league goals a season

Loads of cheaper alternatives around Europe that won't have the English player tax on their price

Would give AP a chance before Ox

pos

26 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

He should go pool, think he'd work well with klopp.

agree

57 minutes ago, i5_PRODUCER said:

Who said he's not at a top club? , i said going to a top club as is no , he won't go down to Stoke level club.

You don't know what will happen next so no , you cannot assure that.

Sure a lot more boxes were ticked when you man signed him? Looking at his time at your club i would say there's more to him than " pace "

Could care less where he goes just funny how a guy who only ticks the box for " pace " at Arsenal starts against Bayern but is heading Stoke apparently

joke ting.

It's safe to say Arsenal won't sell Oxlade to a club that finishes in the top 6 and I'd be shocked if he had the minerals to hold out for a free. This is agent work, no deal has been offered, he's in good form so great time to strike - for me an Arsenal fan I see throughout and think terrible timing on player's part, looking like a pagan.

I can look at his performances and assure that he won't be a leading man for a team that wins the league. Only a Leicester City team winning the league last season makes me less confident.

Potential, when we signed him, same for all the Southampton players. Whatever he is, he is an offensive player that can't pass, doesn't score, never dribbled past a bag of man and then done anything, If I'm wrong, somebody name me a time please (maybe Milan, can't remember)...

Really isn't, he ticks less boxes than Walcott.,,

He's in good form as I've stated, the stoke thing is based on his dad...