The OXLADE Appreciation Thread

CarltonLeach

"I spoke to Arsene before and asked if I was in his plans," said Lansbury.

"Wenger said I wouldn't play that much football and I'm not the type to sit around and get 10 minutes here and there.

"I asked about going on loan and got the move to West Ham.

"He talks how he rates me but obviously he's not playing me. I need to be playing and West Ham gave me a chance so I wanted to take it.

"My priority has been to play in the Arsenal first team since I've been a youngster. But if I have to go then I must."

Promising youngsters at Arsenal is nonsense. Anywhere else I'll listen, but this club GIVES these young guys a chance. Wilshere, Walcott, Cesc, Nasri, Szscezny etc. If you're GOOD enough you'll get games.

You telling me a team with Lansbury consistently in the starting 11 will take home a medal come end of season? Ahead of what we already have?

He's decent. I think we should shift him on. My opinion.

"I spoke to Arsene before and asked if I was in his plans," said Lansbury.

"Wenger said I wouldn't play that much football and I'm not the type to sit around and get 10 minutes here and there.

"I asked about going on loan and got the move to West Ham.

"He talks how he rates me but obviously he's not playing me. I need to be playing and West Ham gave me a chance so I wanted to take it.

"My priority has been to play in the Arsenal first team since I've been a youngster. But if I have to go then I must."

That's why.

He'll NEVER be a consistent first teamer. So let him leave.

Apparently Lansbury has signed a contract extension

Just saw this on the official site....interesting

Either he's hoping a good run in the championship could improve his chances of first team football

Or

He letting Arsenal make some change from his eventual sale to QPR

Guess if he has a great season he just might get his shot in the first team

His extension only means Arsenal will be in control of his future

• 4 weeks later...

I think wenger his trying to protect him from the sort of Gas walcott was caught up in during is early days. Which is rightly so.

The FA will definitely want another token wonder kid at the Euros and Alex fits the bill.

But in these desperate times from what have seen his performance could have got us results in our previous fixtures.

I want to see him get more game time