THIS IS PISSING ME OFF

imhim

SO WOT IF U HAVE A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND... THE GUY HAS SERVED HIS TIME ALREADY... HE WENT ONTO THE GAME SHOW... HE WON... WHY DO BRITISH WHITE CONSERVATIVE PEOPLE LIKE TO MOAN ABOUT PEOPLES BACKGROUNDS AND BRING IT TO THE f*ck*ng FOREFRONT... AH

Daily TV round-up - ITV may strip Red or Black? winner of £1m jackpot

The first winner on Simon Cowell’s new ITV game show, ‘Red or Black?’, could reportedly be stripped of his £1m prize money after documents revealed he lied about criminal past.

ITV bosses have today launched an investigation which would see Nathan Hageman stripped of the £1m prize money if it is deemed he broke his contract by lying to executives.

Hageman, who triumphed in the show’s debut on Saturday, said he spent time in jail after fighting with a man.

However, a newspaper later claimed that he was in fact convicted for an attack on a young woman.

Information from Reading Crown Court allegedly shows the victim of Mr Hageman’s attack was a 30-year-old woman, who is thought to be his former girlfriend, not a male love rival as he had previously claimed.

Speaking on Sunday, Hageman was forced to admit to the five-year prison stretch but insisted he had turned his life around since his release in 2009.

But sources at the channel said he had misinformed them about details of his past conviction.

They said: “We knew about the sentence but we believed it was the result of a confrontation with another man.”

ITV and Syco were last night making enquiries to establish facts. [Daily Mail]

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So they knew he beat up his partner but as they thought it was a man rather than a woman that wasn't deemed criminal enough for him not to be able to go on the show?

Ridiculous.

/

The media are turning this nation into some world class haters, all they do is bitch about people who get a break in life.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

i would let them get into the issue of tryna take my money then sue them for more.

you cant give man a prize then revoke it because people complained that hes a criminal.

If theres nothing in the contract about criminal convictions they cant legally do sh*t.

But sources at the channel said he had misinformed them about details of his past conviction.

They said: “We knew about the sentence but we believed it was the result of a confrontation with another man.”

:/ ... what difference does that make to the offence?

i dont think they are pissed that he beat up a woman not a man its that he lied

just like any basic contract you sign it will have somethign like "i declare that all the information i have given on this form is true and i agree that any profits or winnings or whatever can be forfeited if any informatio given here is false"

suttin like that...and he did lie about the nature of his offence.

and every TV show contestant signs contracts about criminal convictions as standard

false alarm here

but its the daily mail again getting you all in a fit over a sh*t show hosted by two horrid little hobbits

• Downvote 3

so game shows... does anyone know if the application form if it says... do you have a criminal conviction?

why would it ask that? its not a f*ck*ng job

for PR they dont wanna be seen to be rewarding criminals

plus just like certain jobs..if you were convicted for fraud it will exclude you from game shows where you can win money .

all game show contestants will have background checks done as standard

your offence has to be exactly as you stated on the form.

///

suck your dad too for the repaet negger

• Downvote 4

on the wright stufff this morning 'tyrone from reading' called in who said he was down the pub last night with people who know this man

and that apparently the man climbed in through the window of his girls home and found her banging another guy

jus saying

/

i think they should let him keep the money, dnt see why theres such a hoora

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

What the fuck has it got 2 do with White people the dumb fuck lied on his application and now has 2 pay the price don't get what everyone is crying about too many people on this forum wanna bring race into anything they can, wether he should have been allowed on the show is a different matter because most of us wouldn't see anything wrong with a criminal being allowed on and to win money but the rest of society will so the show has 2 save face can't be handing out mills 2 woman beaters that's not a good look is it? Just common sense nothing 2 do with race.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

If he lied on his application, then fair enough

What I don't get is 'no one wants to reward criminals'... he did the time and paid for his crime. People behave like they are perfect because they've never been imprisoned kmt. Just like that yout on xfactor who they exposed as having a criminal past... key word PAST.

If he lied on his application, then fair enough

What I don't get is 'no one wants to reward criminals'... he did the time and paid for his crime[/size]. People behave like they are perfect because they've never been imprisoned kmt. Just like that yout on xfactor who they exposed as having a criminal past... key word PAST.

It's worth pointing out that the production company behind the show didn't actually have a NO EX CON policy/contract in place. Many shows do i.e Who Wants To Be A Millionaire therefore the fact that he was convicted doesn't matter.

As for taking the money off him, FUCK OFF!!!! Some ppl on twitter talking about he should give 500k to the ex he beat up :/

/

It's all PR anyway designed to get publicity for the show & it's worked nicely.