9/11 - Ten Year Memorial

Seymour Cake

So, ALL CONSPIRICY TALK ASIDE, in two days, it would be TEN YEARS that have gone by.

Anyway I was watching a program about 9/11 on BBC the other night, and still watching the footage of the planes hitting the towers is bewildering.

I STILL get a weird creepy feeling watching the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fH7c8H6SNw

skip to 1.10 and actually see the plane dissapearing deep into the tower, and then exploding.

U.S. News are reporting there are credible terror threats coming through.

Apparently you black out long before you hit the ground due to the pressure and all of that so you don't see your eventual landing.

Who ever told you that is talking absolute rubbish.

Otherwise people who jump out of planes with a parachute will all be dead.

You obviously have to be going at a certain speed. People with a parachute aren't falling at 240 kph. Try putting your head outside of the car window on a motorway at 40 and try to breath. If you fall fast enough you can be unconscious before hitting the ground, it's a fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The people that jumped were flapping there legs/arms until impact.

Imagine going through what that person in the pic was, FUK

Be serious, do you really think they had any control of what their bodies were doing whilst falling? You really think you'd be able to fall at that speed with that pressure and move your arms and legs at your own accord.

• Downvote 2

The whole saga is like a movie. Really interesting.

Another mindfuck: imagine sitting near the office window inside the tower, seeing a huge aircraft getting closer and closer and dawning on you that it's gonna hit head on where your directly sitting. No matter which way you move, you can't escape the impact. Beyond imagination.

RIP to all the innocent people who died on 9/11, and every innocent person that later died because of it.

On an individual level when you see footage of people you think how fucked it was and I feel for these people ofcourse.

But when you look at the bigger picture idgaf about them.

My thoughts go out to everyone who has been imprisoned... tourtured... killed... as a result of the Americans and their attacks against iraq, afghanistan and pakistan.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

The whole saga is like a movie.

When it happened I was at home, think I just woke up and went and sat in my mums room.

She was on the phone.

I was tired, the tv was on and I saw the aftermath of the 1st impact, thought it was some Hollywood blockbuster on Sky Movies, paid it no mind.

Saw the 2nd plane hit the building live, still didn't clock, was like these man are going in on this film.

My mum saw I wasn't clocking and tapped the bottom of the tv where the breaking news thing was, man was like

"WHAT? THIS IS REAL???" :blink:

innit.

at least what one set of passengers managed to overthrow them and crash the plane somewhere else

thats some moble shit but its like well if ur gonna die you might as well go down fighting

saying that they might not have known what was going on till the very last second

where are we going

this is downtown new york

THE WORLD TRA-.....

:huh:

They were saying about the jumpers that some of them didn't even choose to jump but the heat from the fire was so intense that they had no choice but to get away from it

Yeah heard this alot, and then floors collapsing inside.

Imagine you wake up for work going about your business, planning your day ahead, home time later and future.

Then a few hours later making decisions whether to burn or jump to your death. and then selecting jump option from how many 100's of feet as the better choice. The mind boggles on any rational thought at that point.