* Official GYM Thread *

Lofa

How much do you weigh?It's important for you to build a strong foundation first. Read this and scroll down a bit.http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150447
Sample 1:Meal One - six-egg omlette with cheese, whol-grain toast, fruit, 1-2 glasses of milkMeal 2 - broiled steak, 1-2 vegetables, baked potato, 1-2 glasses of milkMeal 3 - tuna salad, 1-2 vegetables, baked potato, 1-2 glasses of milkMeal 4 (pre-workout) - protien shake Meal 5 - roast chicken, 1-2 vegetables, rice, 1-2 glasses of milkMeal 6 - boiled eggs, cold cuts, 1-2 glasses of milkSample 2:Meal 1 - 6 egg whites w/ 2 or 3 yolks, oatmeal, piece of fruit, two slices of whole-wheat toastMeal 2 - protien and carb shake, bagel, piece of fruitMeal 3 - 6 oz chicken breast, rice, vegetablesMeal 4 (pre-workout) - protien and carb shakeMeal 5 (immediate post-workout) - whey protien w/ simple carbsMeal 6 - 6 oz beef (burger or steak), baked potato, vegetable (spinach)Meal 7 (before bed)- 2 oz oatmeal, egg whites__________________Wow! I wanna get bigger but that's the diet of a monster!

that forum is bare detailed, i guess it's aimed @ hardcore wieght pumpers - i wanna get big but not like the hulk
nah its for everyone,. just that they arent gonna bullshit you like the avg "certified" personal trainer in them corporate gyms. that diet is pretty much like mine..you get used to it. it also requires lot of preparation..or knowing where to go to get good food.

that forum is bare detailed, i guess it's aimed @ hardcore wieght pumpers - i wanna get big but not like the hulk
this is one of the most common misconceptions about weight training. you wont just blow up into the hulk over night. it takes most people 5 years+ to get them overly hench physiques especially without steroids. Just lift heavy and eat and you will see in the mirror when you reach your goals. you wont wake up looking like the Rock tommorrow.It's like saying i wanna get better at football but i aint gonna play too much in case i turn into ronaldinho. People who've worked hard find it very disrespectful.

this is one of the most common misconceptions about weight training. you wont just blow up into the hulk over night. it takes most people 5 years+ to get them overly hench physiques especially without steroids. Just lift heavy and eat and you will see in the mirror when you reach your goals. you wont wake up looking like the Rock tommorrow.It's like saying i wanna get better at football but i aint gonna play too much in case i turn into ronaldinho. People who've worked hard find it very disrespectful.
Wot i meant was the amount of detail they've put into this is almost to an olympic standard. I've been doing weights for about three years now (only 1 year properly) so i know how long it takes to become larger. My goals aren't necessarily the same as what they've outlined - my main hobby in life is music and putting the amount of effort into muscle building as is outlined on that website is too time consuming. I didn't mean to disrespect anyone who does take weight training seriously.

Guest Silver Surfer
How do I do my upper chest?I do dumbbell pressesSmith machineDipsPec Fly and some other machinebut none do the upper pec muscle.
Incline Dumbbell Press is you.My chest routine:Flat Dumbbell PressIncline Dumbbell Press OR Smith Machine incline pressDipsCable flies/Dumbbell flies
Mine is similar, what I done today was:Flat BBIncline DBWeighted dipsFly machineFly's on the bench
How do you do you're weighted dips? Do you have a dip belt or do you just place a weight plate between ur legs?I need to start doing weighted dips again.
With the belt

wasup guys...first time in a gym thread...feel to jus download the books and read up but i wanna start with non weight bodybuilding or some light stuff to start off with cos man is goin back to play basketball this summer.Can anyone suggest anything ?K-dot.1

if you dont wana use weights press up variations and pull ups are good but to be honest you wont see much in terms of size gains until you add weight

Guest YourFutureStepDaddy
if you dont wana use weights press up variations and pull ups are good but to be honest you wont see much in terms of size gains until you add weight
Before I went gym I did about 25 push up's/sit up's a night before bed and sawe massive gains.I was only 9stone tho. biggrin.gif .

Guest Silver Surfer
Before I went gym I did about 25 push up's/sit up's a night before bed and sawe massive gains.I was only 9stone tho. biggrin.gif .
9 stone, thats a womans weight, how much you weigh now.Push ups do nothin for me at all now,

Guest YourFutureStepDaddy
9 stone, thats a womans weight, how much you weigh now.Push ups do nothin for me at all now,
10.5. Getting there. Slowly but still.

Question:who is stonger? in a workout, one guy lifts 95kg for 8 reps doing 3 sets BUT rests for about 3-5 mins between sets.the other does 85kg for 8 reps but only rests for 90secs and does 4 sets.this pattern continued during different excersises throughout the day's work out.

Guest Silver Surfer

I dont know lol, you talkin benching ?I dont have a set time for resting, as I dont believe doing it in quick succession will aid you. If you have a decent enough time for rest then you know you are completing your set/reps properly. No point having a 1 min rest then trying to do a next rep and u just flop.

I dont know lol, you talkin benching ?I dont have a set time for resting, as I dont believe doing it in quick succession will aid you. If you have a decent enough time for rest then you know you are completing your set/reps properly. No point having a 1 min rest then trying to do a next rep and u just flop.
ur rest period is essential in your workout. and like i mentioned..i said the example i gave was in a variety of excersices..legs, back, biceps..something ive gathered over a few months. its bascially me and someone else basically.