* Official GYM Thread *

Lofa

Guest Silver Surfer
I dont know lol, you talkin benching ?I dont have a set time for resting, as I dont believe doing it in quick succession will aid you. If you have a decent enough time for rest then you know you are completing your set/reps properly. No point having a 1 min rest then trying to do a next rep and u just flop.
ur rest period is essential in your workout. and like i mentioned..i said the example i gave was in a variety of excersices..legs, back, biceps..something ive gathered over a few months. its bascially me and someone else basically.
TBH its not affecting, what I do is good, so Im cool with my rest period.Its kinda split when it comes to this on BBFourm some swear by a set rest time others state what I do.There is no set in stone rule, as long as your doing your set/reps using correct form you should be cool

Guest Silver Surfer
Right i need help.I havnt got a clue about weights and gyms really.Im looking to buy a multi gym for my room.Has any one got any good recomedations for a good one.Im looking for one with a flat bench and various exercises on it.
Check the Gym at home thread in the Whatever roomWe cant advise you what to buy, its up to u and ur budget

Right i need help.I havnt got a clue about weights and gyms really.Im looking to buy a multi gym for my room.Has any one got any good recomedations for a good one.Im looking for one with a flat bench and various exercises on it.
Check the Gym at home thread in the Whatever roomWe cant advise you what to buy, its up to u and ur budget
Ok il have a look around on some websites.

Question:who is stonger? in a workout, one guy lifts 95kg for 8 reps doing 3 sets BUT rests for about 3-5 mins between sets.the other does 85kg for 8 reps but only rests for 90secs and does 4 sets.this pattern continued during different excersises throughout the day's work out.
IMO the second guy isnt training smart. He should be doing 100kg for 3 sets of 8.IMO weight>speed every time in terms of growth.you should only be working out like the second guy if you hit a plateau.but if they are both pushing their limits they will both be growing. I dont like deciding who's stronger by what weights people lift because some people are naturally good at certain exercises and some people's form is terrible for their so called maxes. I gauge people off how they look, not how much they lift

Question:who is stonger? in a workout, one guy lifts 95kg for 8 reps doing 3 sets BUT rests for about 3-5 mins between sets.the other does 85kg for 8 reps but only rests for 90secs and does 4 sets.this pattern continued during different excersises throughout the day's work out.
You cant really say who's stronger, i would assume that anyone that can do 85kg for 8 reps and 4 sets can do 95kg for 8 reps and 3 sets especially with 5 minute rest anyway..

IMO the second guy isnt training smart. He should be doing 100kg for 3 sets of 8.IMO weight>speed every time in terms of growth.you should only be working out like the second guy if you hit a plateau.but if they are both pushing their limits they will both be growing. I dont like deciding who's stronger by what weights people lift because some people are naturally good at certain exercises and some people's form is terrible for their so called maxes. I gauge people off how they look, not how much they lift
which makes it harder when they look similar. from what ive gathered both techniques are not bad. in arnys muscle encyclopediae both are good routines..and can be included in anyone's workout on a 4week split to shock the muscles. if guy A were to use Guy B's technique and the weights he does on a normal day..he would find it harder..and vice versa. so yeah its like you say..it all depends on how each person looks. i am guy b btw biggrin.gif

went gym dis mornin done legs n chest but i dont feel satisfied. wud u go bak?
leave it. you wont be able to perform anywhere near your best. just chalk this workout udown as a loss and next time your in the gym work you arse extra hard so you dont feel like this again.

i cant see how you did legs and chest on the same day too. if you really worked ur legs hard enough..you woudl be satisfied. man like me nearly passes out. im told thats called reaching ur peak!
f*ck that! My legs r like little pieces of string! I've only just started working them out, i can only squat about 40kgs! I know i gotta work my legs out as well as my upper body tho.So should i switch up my routine? Do heavier wights with longer breaks for a month and then lighter weights with less breaks?

Guest Silver Surfer
i cant see how you did legs and chest on the same day too. if you really worked ur legs hard enough..you woudl be satisfied. man like me nearly passes out. im told thats called reaching ur peak!
f*ck that! My legs r like little pieces of string! I've only just started working them out, i can only squat about 40kgs! I know i gotta work my legs out as well as my upper body tho.So should i switch up my routine? Do heavier wights with longer breaks for a month and then lighter weights with less breaks?
Try and up the weight every 2weeks they say in many BB forums. But I cant do that, I just do it till it comes to easy then up it. I may add an extra 5kg for the final rep, always good to push yourself.Remember there are no set rules, no one person is right over a next person. Its all comes down to what is good for YOU.

there ARE some set rules though. u just dont have to kill yourself to adhere to them. you gotta lift heavy to build mass with fewer reps..thats a set rule, and you gotta stick to the basic excersises like squats, leg presses, and hamstring training. 40kg is cool.. just up your weight every 2 weeks and try and train legs just ONCE a week. which means you gotta train them heavy that day u do train 'em. if youre on 40kg now..in 2 weeks add 2.5kg as you should rest for about 2mins tho...and keep the reps low (4-6),

Okay, so once a week for my legs. I dunno if it's just because i've never really worked them out before but they seem to take a lot longer to recover than by chest/tris or back/bis

Guest YourFutureStepDaddy

I never work my legs at gym. My legs have always been the biggest part of my body from playing football and Kickboxing when I was younger. I never do cardio aswell because of my natural low percentage BF.I played football for 4 hours last night and I was out of breath within about 5 minutes and my legs ache like a c*nt.

Okay, so once a week for my legs. I dunno if it's just because i've never really worked them out before but they seem to take a lot longer to recover than by chest/tris or back/bis
their the biggest muscle group in your body, thats why they take longer to recover. and you should be able to handle the most weight on them.a balanced body strength wise, you should move the most weight in this order.Deadlift>Squats>Bench Press>Bent Over Row>Military Press>bicep curls

I never work my legs at gym. My legs have always been the biggest part of my body from playing football and Kickboxing when I was younger. I never do cardio aswell because of my natural low percentage BF.I played football for 4 hours last night and I was out of breath within about 5 minutes and my legs ache like a c*nt.
i fell into that trap when i started if your doing little to no cardio, you're diet needs to be on point, otherwise you'll be gaining weight rapidly but a lot of it will be fat and you wont notice until its too late.

Guest YourFutureStepDaddy
i fell into that trap when i started if your doing little to no cardio, you're diet needs to be on point, otherwise you'll be gaining weight rapidly but a lot of it will be fat and you wont notice until its too late.
Will going gym slow my metabolism then? 'coz if it won't I have nothing to worry about.

What supplements do you lot use?
Chocolate Instant Whey is me.
Yeah i use that, either mixed in with porridge before i go to the gym or taken as a shake just after gym, don't really bother apart from that- i read somewhere that just taking it randomly to boost ur protein intake doesn't really work, u need to eat sum proper food instead