Do you lot agree with this kind of parenting

Guest M12

Guest M12 Part 2

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhMy34aJhp049y5UAO

This is v. similar to the way me and a lot of people i know were raised growing up. Do you think its too far? Will you be disciplining your son in the same way?

IMO this is good parenting. He explained clearly to the child why the punishment was happening and it wasnt just some vicious assault it was controlled.

The licks brought back so many memories

:lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I didn't agree with the belt, mainly because severe beating doesn't work imo

Children get so used to beatings that they forget the pain and act up again... like the lil boy did

I couldn't take it when he was crying like that

Other than that.. the hair/eye brow shaving and military shit was serious! You have to get inventive with discipline.. beatings are over rated

• Downvote 6

This is correct parenting see how calm and respectful he will be next day in school till he forgets, some kids dont need all the beating depending on how they are, so i thik you tailor punishment to the child. grounding works a charm for some people where as the belt does magic for others .

FAKKK The memories of the wooden spoons, slippers and belt buckles after parents evening are tense my mum was too ODT she has fallen of miles now she cant get my siblings into bed these days. Its good though i would be doing some fuckeries now if my mum didnt straighten me out

That is not good parenting.

TBH, I used to agree with this shit, but I got as I am older, I have in the last few years reflected mine & other fellow black brothers lives and have come to the conclusion that this only promotes kids to act how their parents act and grow up this way.

Beating? Smacks are ok, but belts are not.

Kids bodies are really fragile compared to adults.

One shot with a belt to certain areas and the could fuck up the kid.

I think that explaining things to kids in a way they understand is better than OTT beating.

Showing Love >>>>>>>>>>>> This

Guest M12 Part 2

the kid crying was too much

hair shaving wasnt needed imo

i think he went a bit too far with the licks as well. it may have seemed worse because you couldnt see what was happening though. it could have been reasonable but the kid was just making bare noise. same way you see kids fallover and scrape their knee but scream like theyve been shot

Looking back at how i deal with my lil bros n sisters, talking is the best way unless its a very serious situation even then explaining to them still is as effective they have more respect for you ontop compared to you wiling out and giving slaps. Most black parents end up beating their kids out of frustration which is the worst thing and very different from typical punishment for telling Mrs. Jones to fuck off at break time.

• Upvote 1

I'm 50/50 about it.

I'm definitely being physical with my son(s) if I ever have one, purely because the way the younger generation is going, them dudes is soft. Gotta be able to handle himself a lil'.

However, I see the value in more, subtle, cerebral punishments. The Michael Kyle/My Wife & Kids style of parental punishments.

• Upvote 5

So from what I've witnessed, many black boys get beat similar like this, all throughout the years and so many of them have come out waste and twisted values. Yet they had "good parenting." :rolleyes:

'Beats' are only one factor in a child's upbringing.

At the end of the day, if a child is ONLY getting beats, then don't expect much change apart from him developing a high pain threshold. However, when there's productive follow-up, a beating can complement other methods of child-rearing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So from what I've witnessed, many black boys get beat similar like this, all throughout the years and so many of them have come out waste and twisted values. Yet they had "good parenting." :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, if a child is ONLY getting beats, then don't expect much change apart from him developing a high pain threshold. However, when there's productive follow-up, a beating can complement other methods of child-rearing.

c/s

Guest M12 Part 2

c/s

summed it up nicely