NBA 2012/2013

Mr. Gayle

While NBA commissioner David Stern and players' union executive Billy Hunter meet with a federal mediator in hopes of saving the NBA season, the league's top players are finalizing plans for a two-week exhibition tour during what would have been the first two weeks of the regular season, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. While the final details are still being worked out, more than a dozen of the league's best players are working to join forces on what would be a two-week, six-game, four-continent blockbuster tour, sources said. ESPN.com

In a trip that could resemble Team USA's takeover of the world stage at the 2008 Beijing Games, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Rajon Rondo, Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Carlos Boozer, Paul Pierce and Kevin Love are among the players expected to participate. Kevin Durant and Kevin Garnett, among a few others, are also contemplating joining the tour.

The tour, scheduled to begin Oct. 30 and end Nov. 9, will make stops in Puerto Rico, London, Macau, and Australia. Each game will be staged in an arena that holds at least 15,000 fans. Two games each will be played at sites in London and Australia.

Two games in London you say :o

• Upvote 1

The hate on LeBron is justified fully, don't get me wrong, but why do reporters say 'Michael has 6 - LeBron has none' like his career is over? Am I missing something? These American shows are devoid of analysis but it's all controversy/hype anyways. LeBron isn't getting his ring ANYWAYS

I watched a video recently of Skip Bayless saying Melo's 42 points against Celtics in the playoffs this year in a loss was better than LeBron's performances against Detroit when he scored their last 30 odd points in a win :lol: jokers

Shaq's autobiography drops on Nov 15th. Excerpts circulating already. Will hopefully kick up a media storm and reignite all his feuds to keep us amused for a few weeks. :lol:

http://deadspin.com/5854904

Kobe stands up and goes face-to-face with me and says, "You always said you're my big brother, you'd do anything for me, and then this Colorado thing happens and you never even called me." I did call him. ... So here we are now, and we find out he really was hurt that we didn't stand behind him. That was something new. I didn't think he gave a rat's ass about us either way. "Well, I thought you'd publicly support me, at least," Kobe said. "You're supposed to be my friend."

Brian Shaw chimed in with "Kobe, why would you think that? Shaq had all these parties and you never showed up for any of them. We invited you to dinner on the road and you didn't come. Shaq invited you to his wedding and you weren't there. Then you got married and didn't invite any of us. And now you are in the middle of this problem, this sensitive situation, and now you want all of us to step up for you. We don't even know you." ...

Everyone was starting to calm down when I told Kobe, "If you ever say anything like what you said to Jim Gray ever again, I will kill you."

Kobe shrugged and said, "Whatever."

• 2 weeks later...