Anyone Here Into History

Aquaman

I'm into shit its interesting they don't teach you shit in school about history.

Obviously theres also alot of shit out there lots of innacurate sources.

I'm aware its a very broad subject but if anyone can reccomend books, documentaries on anything aslong as it is interesting and accurate I would be grateful

that bbc documentary on the history of racism :Y:

Cheers

• Upvote 1

I watched sum shit yesterday about america's planned war against the British empire in the early 20th century, only got ditched in the 1930s after the rise of nazi Germany, it was pretty crazy, like sum alternate universe, dunno if it's online though.

Love History. So much shit out there to learn.

Learnt all about the Vietnam War and the Edo period of Japan in my own time once i left school. Personally would reccomend stuff from either. Although the latter is MASSIVE on what you can get on it.

Best book ive ever read was regarding Nam, called "We Were Soldiers Once… And Young", about Americas first large scale battle of the Vietnam War dropped into what they deemed at the time, a 'red zone'. Amazing read.

One of the best documentarys on the war was aired on BBC Four a few months ago actually, called "How Vietnam was Lost" based on a book called "They Marched into Sunlight", focusing on the political unrest back in the US at the time and about how a batallion was massacred in the space of 5 minutes, over 100 dead. Was nuts.

Part 1-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DObKsjoRKVA

• Upvote 3

Learnt all about the Vietnam War and the Edo period of Japan in my own time once i left school. Personally would reccomend stuff from either. Although the latter is MASSIVE on what you can get on it.

Best book ive ever read was regarding Nam, called "We Were Soldiers Once… And Young", about Americas first large scale battle of the Vietnam War dropped into what they deemed at the time, a 'red zone'. Amazing read.

One of the best documentarys on the war was aired on BBC Four a few months ago actually, called "How Vietnam was Lost" based on a book called "The Marched into Sunlight", about the political unrest back in the US at the time and about how 4 batallions were massacred in the space of 5 minutees, over 100 dead. Was nuts.

Part 1-

safe gonna check this out just ordered the book, was that mel gibson film taken from the book?

One of the best documentarys on the war was aired on BBC Four a few months ago actually, called "How Vietnam was Lost" based on a book called "The Marched into Sunlight", about the political unrest back in the US at the time and about how a batallion was massacred in the space of 5 minutees, over 100 dead. Was nuts.

Part 1-

safe gonna check this out

Yea i love history, more4 and bbc4 has some decent history documentaries now and then.

Ive been following a programme called Back From The Dead on channel 4 recently, they analyse the skeletons from old battles to see their role in the battle and how they died, so far theyve done the crusaders in israel, nelsons navy and samurais in japan.

Where can I find African displays?

Me and a chick were at the V&A museum last week and after asking where their African section was lol smh...

The running gag for the day was we don't have any history :lol:

But honestly where can I find African displays in London :huh:

British Museum

Why would you go to V&A expecting Aff displays?

Displays of what for that matter?

One of the best documentarys on the war was aired on BBC Four a few months ago actually, called "How Vietnam was Lost" based on a book called "They Marched into Sunlight", focusing on the political unrest back in the US at the time and about how a batallion was massacred in the space of 5 minutes, over 100 dead. Was nuts.

Part 1-

Read 'Dispatches' by Michael Herr. He was an embedded journalist in Vietnam, he wrote his book a few years after based on notes he took and things he remembered.

• 1 month later...

anyone direct me to anything about the Cold War? books (ebook or audio book, may consider an actual book), documentaries etc

particularly the Cuban Missile Crisis, and I still have no idea why the US and USSR got into that state when they were on the same side during WWII, now I really wanna look into it and Britain's involvement aswell

thanks

I love history, very interesting. I personally read up on black history and english history. The objective of history should be to understand the past in order to intelligently predict the future, everyone knows the world works in cycles. But it's also important to remember that history is literally "his - story" so we must be careful what we take in our system as fact or nonsense

If your serious about knowledge join british library in kings x, place is packed with knowledge and it;s a nice spot to pick up the sexy intelligent girls

• Upvote 1

anyone direct me to anything about the Cold War? books (ebook or audio book, may consider an actual book), documentaries etc

particularly the Cuban Missile Crisis, and I still have no idea why the US and USSR got into that state when they were on the same side during WWII, now I really wanna look into it and Britain's involvement aswell

thanks

AGE OF EXTREMES BY ERIC HOBSBAWM IS YOU

STUDYING IT ATM, PRETTY GD BOOK

I love history, very interesting. I personally read up on black history and english history. The objective of history should be to understand the past in order to intelligently predict the future, everyone knows the world works in cycles. But it's also important to remember that history is literally "his - story" so we must be careful what we take in our system as fact or nonsense

If your serious about knowledge join british library in kings x, place is packed with knowledge and it;s a nice spot to pick up the sexy intelligent girls

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN BLACK BRITISH HISTORY READ RON RAMADIN'S "THE MAKING OF THE BLACK WORKING CLASS IN BRITAIN"

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN BLACK BRITISH HISTORY READ RON RAMADIN'S "THE MAKING OF THE BLACK WORKING CLASS IN BRITAIN"

Thanks - will check it out