Owlman vs Scouseman

Fighting Weight

Can of Worms mate, Can of worms

i remember talking to my Uncle about King Kenny's return, I gotta admit i was worried by the immediete impact that he'd have,

My uncle laughed and just said, its good news, because even if/whgen he flops (Scouse expectation wise) there'd be no uproar against the manager out of respect for him,

no matter what he achieves or fails to achieve at the club, only 1 person will decide when he leaves, as sacking him would be suicide from the owners point of view.

p.s did Hodgson actually have the £20 million himself to spend? or was there a load of hands in the kitty throwing it at players? (serious question as i've heard conflicting reports)

Guest Portuguese

You have to remember we got these three from teams the English media and Vip2 Premier League is superior brigade don't rate.

Lyon

Bremen

Benfica

Liverpool signing Suarez throws your little theory out of the window.

• Upvote 1

liverpool still have too many average defenders

lack pace upfront/severly at center back and dont have any flair in midfield/out wide

teams too robotic and not in a chelsea/everton way because they dont play that way.

Hodgson only had 20 league games.

KDvRH-First27gamesanalysis.png

You can't count their Europa League campaign in a comparison.

All that needs to be said tbh.

You lot are full of shit.

Last season it took us 9 games to get to 9 points

We were out of the league cup at this stage after losing to Northampton at Anfield

We didn't have a positive goal difference til January or something ridiculous like that

Kenny has made a number of decisions I don't agree with but trying to put him in the same bracket as Hodgson?

/

he spent £114 million whilst recouping about £80 million for some perspective, so his net spend is about £34 million. There are a few clubs in the league with players worth roughly that amount who haven't even started a game yet.

You have to remember we got these three from teams the English media and Vip2 Premier League is superior brigade don't rate.

Lyon

Bremen

Benfica

Liverpool signing Suarez throws your little theory out of the window.

Those three players are and where highly rated, what league they played it was regardless. Plus your argument has no basis.

Liverpool could and did attract Suarez, they couldn't attract those three players. The lure of Real over Liverpool is obviously more appealing.

So what's you underlying point here ?

• Downvote 1

dont usually get involved in money debates on here because well i feel im above you lot :P

but

using for example liverpools situation

they sold torres for 50m and thats what they got 50m no more no less however where they purchased Carrol for 35m they probably spent nearer to 40m even though all newcastle got was 35m

so this using maths and saying we made 15m off that is just inaccurate

Guest Portuguese

My point is you could of got three different players superior to the ones he signed for less money that's why I brought Benzema/Ozil/Di Maria to the equation.

The players he should of gone for wouldn't of required him going to town with Real because there will be only one winner.(After all England's best team are our feeder club)

Nationality and the prospect of re-creating history got Kenny drunk

My point is you could of got three different players superior to the ones he signed for less money that's why I brought Benzema/Ozil/Di Maria to the equation.

The players he should of gone for wouldn't of required him going to town with Real because there will be only one winner.(After all England's best team are our feeder club)

That isn't a good point seen as the second sentence negates the first, plus none of those players were available when Dalglish was in charge.

Had you said Mata it would have made more sense but then you have to factor in we aren't in the CL thus reducing our pulling power.

Guest Portuguese

That isn't a good point seen as the second sentence negates the first, plus none of those players were available when Dalglish was in charge.

Had you said Mata it would have made more sense but then you have to factor in we aren't in the CL thus reducing our pulling power.

I don't mean them three (I used them three as a mere example) but these type of players are around and would of been better signings than Carroll/Henderson/Downing

I know they were examples but they weren't good ones.

We had players at the club better than Adam and Henderson imo but that's another discussion altogether, we've overpaid for some and underpaid for others.

Enrique and Suarez have been very good buys for what we paid.

It's ok you pointing out a few bargain buys Madrid have made but why not bring up Drenthe being signed for €14 million and being farmed out on loan every season and Sneijder being signed for €27 million then sold for €15 million for a bit of balance?

I don't mean them three (I used them three as a mere example) but these type of players are around and would of been better signings than Carroll/Henderson/Downing

The back track is alot

You made direct comparision of value for money, you can't say now you where expressing that as an example.

You said look what Real bought and look what liverpool bought for the exact amount.

and like I insinuated It's all relative by the current status of the buying club.

Now if your saying Liverpool could have bought better players for the money they spent on those three then I would have agreed with you from the get go.

Guest Portuguese

I know they were examples but they weren't good ones.

We had players at the club better than Adam and Henderson imo but that's another discussion altogether, we've overpaid for some and underpaid for others.

Enrique and Suarez have been very good buys for what we paid.

It's ok you pointing out a few bargain buys Madrid have made but why not bring up Drenthe being signed for €14 million and being farmed out on loan every season and Sneijder being signed for €27 million then sold for €15 million for a bit of balance?

Drenthe was based on a strong European Championships(U21 level)

Sneijder was madness just to fit Kaka in so we took a big hit.

We fucked up as well instead of getting Enrique for 6m pounds we bought Coentrao for 27m euros .

My biggest point was KK made horrible signings regarding these three and maybe I should of listed the players he could of easily attracted bearing in mind no lure of European Football