RVP Contract Situation

gemma

I thought I'd make this thread in anticipation for all the RVP related news re his contract which we are gonna hear all throughout this season :(

Guardian RVP Contact Article

The Dutch striker, who scored two goals for Arsenal on Saturday to underline his value, would not be short of offers from Europe's top clubs and said: "I still have almost two years left, so for the moment that's fine. I'm happy with my contract. I can't look into the future. I can't see us talking now because we are so busy."

Hmmm nothing about wanting to stay at Arsenal, loving the club etc

"It's true that we had a meeting during the summer," Wenger said. "It is understandable that he would want that when you lose players such as Fábregas and Nasri. I don't think we will lose him."

Arsene doesn't think we'll lose him, which basically means HE WILL LEAVE

Was going to make a thread about this too.

Hes gone tbh bar a miracle season and FA/Carling Cup isn't what i'm talking about either.

Mancini made a comment as well about how he basically wants RVP

So it'd be very tempting for him to double his salary and basically move to a weak Arsenal 2.0

Guest Portuguese

RVP should forget about City there is better teams out there for him

Chelsea

Inter/AC

Bayern

even Real why not for a free he would be an upgrade on Higuain(we still haven't replaced Our Raul)

• Downvote 4

Just to add that RVP has the same agent as Cesc and Nasri, and Nasri said that "too busy to talk" rubbish as well

Darren Dein is Robin van Persie new agent, he was never Nasri's... He was however Thierry Henry, Gael Clichy, Cesc Fabregas, etc...

You go to Darren Dein when you want the best possible deal out of Arsenal, as he will extract it out of them in the name of his father, or get you a equally better deal else where.

Ball is in Ivan's court.

• Downvote 1

not even worried about it yet

why would city even buy him? not like they are short on attacking options

Well if the Sheikh wants him, that's all that matters

Especially if they let Tevez leave finally

Edit to add - Now that the "Arsenal Crisis" (which never really existed) has finished, journalists need a new story. This will drag on forever now. Plus add to the fact that Arshavin and Walcott's contracts finish around the same time.

This is the last chance saloon for RVP. He's 28 now. He can make alot of money for the next 4 years and then retire a happy man.

Hes got AC Milan written all over him

Theres no doubt in my mind that hes playing in a team were hes thinking wtf im I doing here

However if we do show ambition especially in the transfer window and we do well domestically then theres no reason why he cant stay

/

i think he wud go tbh

i keep thinking, why wud he stay?

I keep thinking why are you here?

Pos

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1