RVP Contract Situation

gemma

would be a good replacement for owen/berba in 2 seasons

Not really sure why this comment was negged, as if it isn't in the realms of possibility an as if he wouldnt serve as an improvement on the 2 mentioned,

If this doesn't force Wenger/the club to start investing in the right players, nothing will.

actually hope he doesn't leave as it'll mark the end of Arsenal as a certified top 4 team, as prospective players will start thinking twice.

prefer to see Arsenal who do things the right way up fighting it out with Us than the likes of City and Chelsea.

January will be a big month.

lol @ this post

Lol, nothing wrong at all with the post tbh

The fact he mentioned Chelsea got you itching, no?

I just found it funny that a Man U fan is so concerned about what players leave his rivals team and where they finish in the league

And also the point about 'do things the right way'. What the fuck does that mean?

Lol at the notion of me being disinterested in what our rivals top players are doing, and where said teams finish in the league,

I font think you really understand this football thing mate.

Arsenal do things in the correct way, (more than anyone else in the game at this level anyway) they are self sufficient the only piece of debt over their heads is dye to the stadium build,

It would take a catastrophe of huge proportions for Arsenal to go the way if the dogs financially,

You're right I don't understand. So I guess Madrid fans hope Messi never leaves Barca?

You must have been delighted when City signed Aguero?

Tbh, when youve enjoyed a rivalry with a certain team for quite a while you almost begrudgingly like to see them remain rivals,

Go to OT and ask United fans if they like to have the Leeds fixture annually again, they'd all say yes, this doesn't mean we want them to do well an blitz the league and win tittles, but you'd prefer them to remain relevant so those big games remain big games an beating them would mean even more,

If in the next few years if Arsenal became a mid table team, it would take away from the fixture,

Think of a league were only one team is competitive and relevant an I'll show you a dead league,

This is why people like to chime on about how the Manchester derby has taken on added significance, no United fan likes to see City doing well but we all relish the added spice to the rivalry.

May e I should've wrote this essay from the get go instead of assuming people would understand it from my initial post.

Arsenal Man U fixture lost it's edge a long time ago

• Upvote 1

I normally agree with Darkman but Kompressor is happy to have RVP stay at Arsenal because atm Arsenal aren't a threat and haven't been consistently or on multiple fronts for some time

If this was half a decade ago it'd be different

It's not like Madrid fans hopinh Messi never leaves Barca, it's like Madrid fans hoping Rossi never leaves Villareal tbh

Correct, ^^

Of course Madrid want Messi out of the league, coz they are playing second fiddle,

If they were the topdogs the wouldn't mind him playing for Barca. It would just make beating them all the sweater,

And tbh a neutral thinking the United Arsenal game has lost it's relevance is well...... Irrelevant.

The QPR Fulham and Chelsea games isn't and has never been relevant to anyone but Fans of those clubs, and that's all that matters

Some totally nonsensical argument,

Lol you a funny nigga.

If van Persie stays in England, going by previous history, he is going to be joining Man City, which means City, their local rivals and now serious title challengers have become strengthened, now if I'm a Man Utd fan I'd rather he stays at Arsenal too.

Now if he leaves Arsenal and goes to play in Italy, Spain or wherever than Man Utd fans will laugh at Arsenal weakening their team even more, and say they have even less reason to worry about Arsenal that season.

• Upvote 1

Manchester City are already lining up Arsenal captain Robin van Persie to replace outcast Carlos Tevez, according to reports.

With manager Roberto Mancini insisting the Argentinian will never play for him again after refusing to come on as a sub against Bayern Munich in midweek, there is a potential vacancy for a forward at the Etihad Stadium.

City look certain to sell Tevez in January but accept the price they are likely to get for him has plunged to as low as £20million, because potential suitors know Mancini wants rid.

Van Persie has two seasons left on his current Gunners contract, making him ripe for a big-money bid in the summer.

Arsenal sold both Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri to City this past close-season as they were entering the final years of their deals and would have been able to leave on Bosman free transfers next summer.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-City-want-Arsenals-Robin-van-Persie-to-replace-outcast-Carlos-Tevez-according-to-reports-article806236.html#ixzz1ZNwN7aJ0

Kompressor wasnt talking about him joining City though

Now if he leaves Arsenal and goes to play in Italy, Spain or wherever than Man Utd fans will laugh at Arsenal weakening their team even more, and say they have even less reason to worry about Arsenal that season.

You're right. A true Man U fan would be taking the piss about him leaving rather than saying 'Please RVP don't go'

Tbh mate I moved to London when I was 11, by that time I had to already bare witness to Overmars silencing OT and taking "out tittle away"

As this was my first year with a season ticket I went into it hoping/expecting to witness a tittle win first hand, only to see Arsenal go on a run in the 2nd half of that season an blow us away,

The fact that Arsenal were our main tittle rivals for the best part of the decade after contributed naturally to the edge of the fixture also, whether I lived in Uganda LA or Timbuctu this fixture would've meant something,

These are the reasons I have seen Arsenal as our rivals. Yes there are different types of rivallry but this one has been relevant to all United fans. Even though it isn't as intense as Liverpool Leeds an city,

I never imagined that me saying the rivalry with Arsenal was relevant an is one I throughly enjoyed an would like to continue would generate so much debate,

• Upvote 1

Looking at the announced Arsenal figures, we made a profit of £12.8m for 10/11, mainly friom property sales, rather than football income.

Which when you consider that the wage bill rose 13% last season to £124.4m, it is a bit mad. £124m means we have the fourth highest wage bill in the country. Take away Chelsea and Man City who's wage bill is bank rolled by their owners, we are 29m less thn Man Utd - that's FIVE players on more than 100k a week.

The commercial side rose 5.5% to £46m, but in market comparsion again to Man Utd's £90 odd million, it's poor, dunno how we staying competitive until 2014 with them three clubs.

Looking at the announced Arsenal figures, we made a profit of £12.8m for 10/11, mainly friom property sales, rather than football income.

Which when you consider that the wage bill rose 13% last season to £124.4m, it is a bit mad. £124m means we have the fourth highest wage bill in the country. Take away Chelsea and Man City who's wage bill is bank rolled by their owners, we are 29m less thn Man Utd - that's FIVE players on more than 100k a week.

The commercial side rose 5.5% to £46m, but in market comparsion again to Man Utd's £90 odd million, it's poor, dunno how we staying competitive until 2014 with them three clubs.

How are we going to compete even after 2014 is even scarier.

What will we be able to offer players that other clubs won't. By staying in touching distance is what's kept us afloat while we've tightened the purse strings. If we lose that touching distance even when the debts are gone what will be our attraction to prospective players to come and the bigger factor, for players to actually stay.

Polish up your talents before you move onto a bigger club ?

• Downvote 1

How are we going to compete even after 2014 is even scarier.

What will we be able to offer players that other clubs won't. By staying in touching distance is what's kept us afloat while we've tightened the purse strings. If we lose that touching distance even when the debts are gone what will be our attraction to prospective players to come and the bigger factor, for players to actually stay.

Polish up your talents before you move onto a bigger club ?

Once 2014 comes you can offer more money on transfers and wages as you are now less dependent on Champions League, player sales, and matchday revenue.

• Downvote 1

Is there any evidence supporting this? or is that just a guestimation. Any idea of individual breakdowns or top 5 earners etc?

You can offer what Man United offer and you can hope that FFP means Chelsea and Man City, are forced to reduce the (wage) depth of their squad, if not the top earners, plus if they do have to reduce their wage bill, you hope it makes the market less intense.

You don't really believe the FFP rules will have any significant effect do you ? To me it just seems like clubs will have to funnel money through boog sponsorship deals and cham holding companies.

Like City's 400m deal with Etihad