Holding a nigga down? or affirmative action?

MARLO STANSFIELD

I do not like it I think its wrong but I would simply put my son or daughter in a next arena where they can compete, a lot of people here are saying that it wont hold him back but I do not think any one has a reliable way of proving this to be a fact but nor can I speaking against it but what common sense tells anyone is that there is clearly a glass ceiling and I cant imagine ANYONE here being happy if this was their child.

To hell with telling a child to slow down cos he is outperforming the rest, I am not sure of the age that someone told me but there is a particular age where young black boys do well in a host of arenas at that age better than most and I think it should be nurtured and not held back.

Kind of reminds me of how some courses moved on to more essays than tests to be more inclusive to women (but thats a whole new topic).

I think they're right to do it at such a young age, it's not really about winning constantly when you're that young, it's about being part of something, being part of team, having fun etc

Like they said next year, grade 7 (or year 6 to us) there's no rules he can touch down as many times as he sees fit

that sounds like something a social worker or white mental health doctor that diagnoses black boys with adhd would say.

NEGGED

My son plays rugby, he's 8. He's too good for his age, but they can't play full contact legally until they are 9. So although it's not as extreme as this, as my son plays as a forward, he also tears up the opposition in games/training/practice.

In his own words, from time to time he gets BORED and doesn't try as hard. Trying to keep him motivated and train him isn't an issue YET, but making him work on other aspects of the game helps him.

Now I don't know this boy's mentality or opinion on it (other than the 15 seconds the media gave him), but if he's not disheartened or downbeat about it, let him enjoy being his age.

/

It's WRONG what they're doing. ONLY because they seem to think him crushing everyone in front of him hinders the progress of others. Go and tell FC Barcelona that, because

Lione-Messi_0.jpg

Has been taking the piss for a good few years now.

I think it being a team game is what makes the difference here.

If it were Tennis or Golf or even Sprinting the little nigga could do what he wanted to his hearts content.

It does leave a slight sour taste in the mouth but there would no doubt be other parents kicking up fuss so the school I'm guessing were put in an awkward position.

I find it interesting that we are talking about team spirit as CHILDREN, when we are adults lets be real,

WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT THE WHOLE TEAM?

the fans maybe but certainly not the individual players from what I see anyway.

My question is how come people are so team orientated when we are talking about children but more selfish as we grow? is the "team" spirit becoming more of a fairytale these days?

serious question because i just dont see the same consistency from people talking about team spirit when they are talking about themselves.

I think they're right to do it at such a young age, it's not really about winning constantly when you're that young, it's about being part of something, being part of team, having fun etc

Like they said next year, grade 7 (or year 6 to us) there's no rules he can touch down as many times as he sees fit

that sounds like something a social worker or white mental health doctor that diagnoses black boys with adhd would say.

NEGGED

Still taking that Ritalin bro?

Team spirit is still alive, even these money hungry professional athletes love the team spirit u can only find in a team sport/locker room environment. Winning, losing, sweating, bleeding together.

Of course athletes want personal glory and wealth thats natural, anyone in any line of work wants that.

another over thought about marlo rant. about affirmative action?? holding back black boys??? here i was thinking this is some education stuff..if you wanted to get all malcolm x then..arent there already enough black boys running around with pigskin already? ...............the rule has nothing to do with holding him back it has to do with enjoying the sport and knowing when a win is enough.....talking as if the rule makes him or his team NOT win.... Much ado about nothing.

• Downvote 1

Team spirit is still alive, even these money hungry professional athletes love the team spirit u can only find in a team sport/locker room environment. Winning, losing, sweating, bleeding together.

Of course athletes want personal glory and wealth thats natural, anyone in any line of work wants that.

just seems a bit inconsistent thus hard to take it that seriously when I see it.

another over thought about marlo rant. about affirmative action?? holding back black boys??? here i was thinking this is some education stuff..if you wanted to get all malcolm x then..arent there already enough black boys running around with pigskin already? ...............the rule has nothing to do with holding him back it has to do with enjoying the sport and knowing when a win is enough.....talking as if the rule makes him or his team NOT win.... Much ado about nothing.

Venom

my life and YOUR LIFE *ahem* are completely different (if you know what I mean) and you will never understand as you are a complete outsider to most people that sustain a normal life. That being said its of no surprise that you feel the way you do.

• Downvote 2

a school should be nurturing their talents. they have the chance to contribute an exceptional athelete to the world, and instead they want a whole school of the evenly average.

definitely emphasise other areas of the game. put him in a weaker team, maybe.

and he should join a team outside of school where it will be more competitive, and his team staff won't care about them winning all the time

It's WRONG what they're doing. ONLY because they seem to think him crushing everyone in front of him hinders the progress of others. Go and tell FC Barcelona that, because

Lione-Messi_0.jpg

Has been taking the piss for a good few years now.

Hope you're joking bro cuz that's straight up retarded what you just said