Young African Americans Against Stereotypes

MARLO STANSFIELD

Anyone that dislikes Kwesi, Dr Ben etc on a big man ting loses major respect from me, major respect, lol i swear i would like to know what you lot are doing for your community, cause to show people like that disrespect when they have shaped our scholarship is baffling

no no no

stop stop stop

ya misunderstanding me again I do not have a problem with THOSE people no one has even said they do so i do not know where THAT is coming from but to me seti (and i am specifically speaking about seti) is a basterdised version of someone trying to be like them, he also was selling crack during his conscious tirade and to me thats just a walking contradiction.

people can mentally masterbate all day about the people they know and blah blah blah from Dr Henrik Clarke to Dr York but in the end it just ends up being some form of cult where loads of black people all pretend they are from egypt when they likely are from somewhere else like west africa.

Ya get people talking about astral projection and all kinds of nonsense and before you know it it ends up becoming escapism and when you talk to them about education they come with "thats the white mans way" and then...........

boy

You see this post is bullshit.

First of all none of these scholars that study Egypt, downplay the roles of 'Sub Saharan Africa'(pardon my usage of that term), they study the Nile Valley Civiilzation because it is the pinnacle of what Africans have achieved on that continent, and furthermore was a civilization that was an amalgamation of different types of African peoples, African peoples that came to that area from the South as Ancient Egyptians attested to themselves. The reason why the emphasis has been put on the Nile Valley is because for hundredfs of years it was a subject in which eurocentricst try to paint as a European civilization, thats why you had the likes of Diop fighting the cause, and also explaining the links between the peoples of the Nile Valley crescent and the peoples from the West and Central Africa, in all he proved that all African history and peoples tie together.

And why use the word cult to describe it, its not a cult, putting Dr York and Henrik Clarke in the same sentence also proves your lack of knowledge on the subject and makes you come across as some stupid eurocentric. There is nothing cultish about studying your history, and gaining a better understanding of the people that came before you, only a fool would say such thing.

ya had me up until here.

in basic terms I aint down with its that simple really the dismissal of opposing views and then deemed as eurocentric also hinders progress because you do not see me saying do not follow them I just explained why I cant work with it, am I really supposed to want to even look into this any more after reading this?

they way people like yourself communicate with others who do not understand needs SERIOUS WORK, and i know this is vip forums but even outside of this its the same thing its almost like you cant be civil about anything with anyone who resists your way of thinking even a little bit.

this is also why people like marvel find it easy to put such things in ONE basket and right it off completely due to your lack of conflict resolution on a topic you clearly want other people to follow you (or seti) on.

As for what I am doing for the community I hate that question because it ends up being some d*ck measuring contest because no matter what i tell you it would never be enough because to you and people like you

"im eurocentric"

I came across this site that I found to have a bit of interesting info that some of you may or may not of been aware of, I know we are not state side on here but its still worth a read.

the link is http://www.yaaams.org/

a particular article on there that got me is as follows.

“Girrrlll, that’s what they all do: Cling to a sista while they’re broke and in school. Then get a contract and put a ring on the white girl hand.” Yeah, if you haven’t said it you’ve heard it. The greatest issue in American racism is not separation of the races; in this melting pot we call America, it is actually the sexuality of the races. The notion, the irrational fear, that the black man is some brainless sex fiend fixated on white women, has fueled the hate groups. Is it a by accident, or coincidence, that the view is still propagated by the media? YAAAMS thinks not. The truth of the matter is that 90 percent of African-American married NBA players (such as Pat Ewing, Tim Hardaway, and Mitch Richmond) are married to African-American women. But most people believe that the majority of African-American NBA players are married to non-African-Americans. Why? Because the media highlights and shows the African-American player’s wife who is not African-American five times more than showing the African-American wife. This biased or selective coverage gives people the false impression.

Look at the marital status of the 2001 NBA All-Star rosters:

Eastern Conference

Player

Marital Status

Allen Iverson Married to African-American woman

Tracy McGrady Married to African-American woman

Alonzo Mourning Married to African-American woman

Vince Carter Married to African-American woman

Grant Hill Married to African-American woman

Allan Houston Married to African-American woman

Stephon Marbury Married to African-American woman

Anthony Mason Not married

Dikembe Mutombo Married to African-American woman

Theo Ratliff Married to African-American woman

Glenn Robinson Married to African-American woman

Latrell Spreweel Engaged to African-American woman

Jerry Stackhouse Married to African-American woman

Western Conference

Player

Marital Status

Jason Kidd Married to Arabic-Indian woman

Kobe Byrant Married to Hispanic-Caucasian

Shaquille O’Neal Engaged to African-American woman

Tim Duncan Married to Caucasian

Chris Webber Not married

Kevin Garnett Not married

Karl Malone Married to Philippino woman

Gary Payton Married to African-American woman

David Robinson Married to Hispanic woman

Rasheed Wallace Married to African-American woman

Other Examples of How the Media Distorts Perceptions During the 2000 NBA playoffs, Shaquille O’Neal, Los Angeles Laker, announced his engagement to an African-American woman. The media did not cover the engagement. When fellow LA-Laker Kobe Bryant announced his engagement to a non-African-American, all the media was abuzz with the story.

ojfirstwife.jpg

Another Example: Despite all the O.J. Simpson trial coverage, many people did not even know his first marriage was to a black woman and that they had three kids together. The media rarely interviewed or featured her; instead, many photos of Simpson and his white wife were constantly in the press. The sad thing is, even before the trial coverage-for years, in fact-groups similar to YAAAMS had been pressuring the media to show more African-American wives of African-American professional athletes.

Ill be honest, I truly didn't even know OJ had a black wife before hand but I was never really interested in issues like that back then so didnt pay it no mind.

either way its a fairly good site I would recommend to all.

summarise that Malcolm X

Anyone that dislikes Kwesi, Dr Ben etc on a big man ting loses major respect from me, major respect, lol i swear i would like to know what you lot are doing for your community, cause to show people like that disrespect when they have shaped our scholarship is baffling

no no no

stop stop stop

ya misunderstanding me again I do not have a problem with THOSE people no one has even said they do so i do not know where THAT is coming from but to me seti (and i am specifically speaking about seti) is a basterdised version of someone trying to be like them, he also was selling crack during his conscious tirade and to me thats just a walking contradiction.

people can mentally masterbate all day about the people they know and blah blah blah from Dr Henrik Clarke to Dr York but in the end it just ends up being some form of cult where loads of black people all pretend they are from egypt when they likely are from somewhere else like west africa.

Ya get people talking about astral projection and all kinds of nonsense and before you know it it ends up becoming escapism and when you talk to them about education they come with "thats the white mans way" and then...........

boy

First of all none of these scholars that study Egypt, downplay the roles of 'Sub Saharan Africa'(pardon my usage of that term), they study the Nile Valley Civiilzation because it is the pinnacle of what Africans have achieved on that continent, and furthermore was a civilization that was an amalgamation of different types of African peoples, African peoples that came to that area from the South as Ancient Egyptians attested to themselves. The reason why the emphasis has been put on the Nile Valley is because for hundredfs of years it was a subject in which eurocentricst try to paint as a European civilization, thats why you had the likes of Diop fighting the cause, and also explaining the links between the peoples of the Nile Valley crescent and the peoples from the West and Central Africa, in all he proved that all African history and peoples tie together.

And why use the word cult to describe it, its not a cult, putting Dr York and Henrik Clarke in the same sentence also proves your lack of knowledge on the subject and makes you come across as some stupid eurocentric. There is nothing cultish about studying your history, and gaining a better understanding of the people that came before you, only a fool would say such thing.

ya had me up until here.

in basic terms I aint down with its that simple really the dismissal of opposing views and then deemed as eurocentric also hinders progress because you do not see me saying do not follow them I just explained why I cant work with it, am I really supposed to want to even look into this any more after reading this?

this is also why people like marvel find it easy to put such things in ONE basket and right it off completely due to your lack of conflict resolution on a topic you clearly want other people to follow you (or seti) on.

Maybe you shouldn't describe people who read upon their history as cultish, and also put Malachi York and John Henrik Clarke in the same sentence as they both have different ways of going about what they teach, Henrik Clarke focused on the bare facts laid down, Malachi York adds a lot of other shit to what he teaches, the people who read upon Kwesi are not delusional, there all practical people, i've been to his conferences and seen the likes of Dr Lez Henry and co, people who have taught at universities and ar eregular hard working people, i don't like the way yo try paint it as if the people who read upon the work are all Heaven esque people going around shouting 'Amern Ra'.

i thought it was just me who follows you? why are u mentioning my name marlo? .....ahywhoo @imbroke... kwesi and those other heads you mentioned are cult leaders in my opinion..ive seen people who follow them hard and what theyve become...then you have the other marlo amhotep types..........you cannot compare diop to such people because they are incomparable...published works and seminars and contribution to history on a whole...people like kwesi are like cult leaders...THEY are the show..not the history.....you can read anta diop's books and understand history on the basis of what you're reading....for the kwesi's you have to constantly attend their seminars or buy their DVDs...its a form of brainwashing...........then they attempt to lump EVERYTHING happening in the world today into some very simplistic terms.....no one has such knowledge...no one....the other crazy breh carl hagan is who you should compare to Kwesi not anta diop.

no no no

stop stop stop

boy

ya had me up until here.

Maybe you shouldn't describe people who read upon their history as cultish, and also put Malachi York and John Henrik Clarke in the same sentence as they both have different ways of going about what they teach, Henrik Clarke focused on the bare facts laid down, Malachi York adds a lot of other shit to what he teaches, the people who read upon Kwesi are not delusional, there all practical people, i've been to his conferences and seen the likes of Dr Lez Henry and co, people who have taught at universities and ar eregular hard working people, i don't like the way yo try paint it as if the people who read upon the work are all Heaven esque people going around shouting 'Amern Ra'.

I never actually said that though did I?

its how you interpreted it and this is because like before, part of you WANTS to believe this is what I mean. Learning history is not cultish but I wont repeat myself its down to you to believe that or not.

now on one hand I could ask you questions before I say anything on things I do not know

or on the other hand you could ask for clarity before you assume and make statements on those assumptions before being sure. However I understand that asking questions is a lost art with many of us as we often think it makes us look weak to ask questions or even ask for help its an ego thing and add the lack of patience to that and its a problem and then we go to the Trilliam way of thinking and then we simply do as he said and

"EVERYONE JUST DO THEM"

be more civil and respectful on something where you WANT more people by your side or you simply just not achieve what your aiming for when you want it.

no no no

stop stop stop

boy

ya had me up until here.

I ain't read it yet, I'm on itouch and that shit is too small, but I will.

Nah black power don't equal hatred and I ain't for segregation.

I just think it takes a brave man to have a White woman and be talking about black issues.

he is still black is he not?

would he be allowed to comment if he had white friends? or mostly white friends? or only matters if your partner is white?

you actually talk nuff shit in every topic g

• Upvote 3

I just think it takes a brave man to have a White woman and be talking about black issues.

here are a few

James Farmer

James Forman

Henry Sylvester Williams

Samuel Coleridge Taylor

Richard Wright

Frederick Douglass

many deem them sellouts though as the civil rights movement has started to be labelled as such as they more wanted equality and the right to be like everyone else as supposed to black nationalism so depending on your political stance you may agree or not agree but my point is a few in the past have done just as you said and spoke on black issues with a white woman as their wife

disclaimer - I aint co signing it I am just pointing out that it has happened but all in all its best if black men ALLOW IT cos the scrutiny is just too overwhelming and black cards get revoked QUICK.

i thought it was just me who follows you? why are u mentioning my name marlo? .....ahywhoo @imbroke... kwesi and those other heads you mentioned are cult leaders in my opinion..ive seen people who follow them hard and what theyve become...then you have the other marlo amhotep types..........you cannot compare diop to such people because they are incomparable...published works and seminars and contribution to history on a whole...people like kwesi are like cult leaders...THEY are the show..not the history.....you can read anta diop's books and understand history on the basis of what you're reading....for the kwesi's you have to constantly attend their seminars or buy their DVDs...its a form of brainwashing...........then they attempt to lump EVERYTHING happening in the world today into some very simplistic terms.....no one has such knowledge...no one....the other crazy breh carl hagan is who you should compare to Kwesi not anta diop.

I see where your coming from, but the fact that Kwesi hasn't been given a mainstream platform to show his work doesn't make his knowledge inadequate. Kwesi is knowledgeable he has spent over 20 years devoted to his field and he learned from some of the most influential people he could possibly have in his field. You can learn as much from Kwesis seminars as you can from any book, or better yet you could take one of his yearly trips to Egypt with him and he will break it down for you himself. The people who turn it into a cult are the people at the infant stages and people who can't fully comprehend what hes talking about, again like i said i've been to his seminars in Peckham, and the people i saw there were people who had roles in their community, they weren't dressed in Arabic clothes throwing incense about, they were Uni lecturers, Writers etc. Your right though Keita would be a better comparison to Diop as they both take a more scientific approach towards the subject of Egyptology.

And the names i mentioned were Dr Chancellor Williams, Dr Ben, John Henrik Clarke etc, these guys aren't anymore cult leaders than your Mlk or Malcolm X, Henrik Clarke in particular was at Malcolm X side during the 60's, these guys put their neck on the line for their people, i think for that alone they are due our respect.

no no no

stop stop stop

boy

ya had me up until here.

I never actually said that though did I?

its how you interpreted it and this is because like before, part of you WANTS to believe this is what I mean. Learning history is not cultish but I wont repeat myself its down to you to believe that or not.

now on one hand I could ask you questions before I say anything on things I do not know

or on the other hand you could ask for clarity before you assume and make statements on those assumptions before being sure. However I understand that asking questions is a lost art with many of us as we often think it makes us look weak to ask questions or even ask for help its an ego thing and add the lack of patience to that and its a problem and then we go to the Trilliam way of thinking and then we simply do as he said and

"EVERYONE JUST DO THEM"

be more civil and respectful on something where you WANT more people by your side or you simply just not achieve what your aiming for when you want it.

Yeah true, my bad if i came across as volatile.

lol

some heads will LOVE this others will HATE IT

feelings may be caught

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSeFKG9Lxm4

^^ Marlo, what do you think of the vid?

I just see it as another mans opinion..some points many would agree with....although I think others such as 'self hatred' is questionable

Yeah the self hatred bit was very questionable.

I've dated white women and black women and all in between because i wanted to not to gain acceptance from some random white guy the way i see it ,is you fall in love with who you fall in love with. Some people try to overthink such a simple thing. You can't fight love.

I think that's why it took black women so long before they would even consider admitting they found other men other than black attractive. Time was to see a black women with anyone else but a black man was actually shocking and that was just 15-16 years ago, now?

I see those couples everywhere. Other day i saw a black woman with her chinese partner and they had a kid.

I think another difference is black women are getting into more 'professional' roles and socialising and meeting men who they would have once not crossed paths with. That's another big difference. But i'm also seeing a lot of younger black girls going out with non black boys now, so a lot of things have obviously changed.

it's all pretty interesting, but some of that video had me shaking my head at points listen to the cameraguy at about 5.45 and listen to unadulterated ignorance.

• Upvote 3

lol

some heads will LOVE this others will HATE IT

feelings may be caught

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSeFKG9Lxm4

^^ Marlo, what do you think of the vid?

I just see it as another mans opinion..some points many would agree with....although I think others such as 'self hatred' is questionable

Yeah the self hatred bit was very questionable.

I've dated white women and black women and all in between because i wanted to not to gain acceptance from some random white guy the way i see it ,is you fall in love with who you fall in love with. Some people try to overthink such a simple thing. You can't fight love.

I think that's why it took black women so long before they would even consider admitting they found other men other than black attractive. Time was to see a black women with anyone else but a black man was actually shocking and that was just 15-16 years ago, now?

I see those couples everywhere. Other day i saw a black woman with her chinese partner and they had a kid.

I think another difference is black women are getting into more 'professional' roles and socialising and meeting men who they would have once not crossed paths with. That's another big difference. But i'm also seeing a lot of younger black girls going out with non black boys now, so a lot of things have obviously changed.

it's all pretty interesting, but some of that video had me shaking my head at points listen to the cameraguy at about 5.45 and listen to unadulterated ignorance.

I actually agree with both of you, some of his points do hold weight but what you have to no about guys like this is that they like to appease WOMEN when they speak just like a preacher, women WANT to believe the self hate idea and it gathers co signers, I know some of you think I am all the way left with this black nationalism ting but I know a joke when i hear one, I wont say this is a major factor but i think this guy is on the whole "black woman is god" kind of vibe (yeah guys say that) if you disagree with that they WILL call you eurocentric.

here is a response from some guy who spoke on the video.

http://generation-x.net/viewVideo.php?video_id=6602&title=DR__UMAR_JOHNSON___THIS_NIGGA

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

he is still black is he not?

would he be allowed to comment if he had white friends? or mostly white friends? or only matters if your partner is white?

you actually talk nuff shit in every topic g

You are talking BARE shit right now.

Being black is more than the colour of your skin.

Is Brian from Big Bro qualified to speak on black issues tell me?

Choosing your LIFE partner and who you decide to have children with is not even in the same league as what ethnicity your friends are.

• Upvote 3