When Opportunity Knocks

Lens

A homeless man who found a briefcase filled with cash, credit cards and mobile phones handed it in to police.

Officers said Adam Mankowski, 54, found a wallet containing cash a few weeks earlier in Biala Podlaska, Poland - and did the same thing.

"It is lucky for the person that lost it that it was found by this man" police said

pcfacepalm.jpg

but got me thinking. have You ever stumbled across a random opportunity and taken it, or failed but later thought about what an opportunity You had missed?

( article from today's metro, but not on website )

his karma will reward him better than a little cash that would only last a few weeks.

3 weeks ago i went to pick up my bedrin in south, i waited for him and had to walk down some road for a bit lookign for him..

i saw something on the side that looked wrapped up..and i just thought it was nuffin

my friend came and met me on same road and he picked it up and found £700 rolled up

someone was gonna get beats for his count that night.

he only gave me £100...which is cool cos if i found it first out of his view i woudnt have given him anything

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

the guy who made moneysupermarket gave half the company to the IT dude he got to make the site when he got him to make it, so at anytime this guy could come n claim 50% of everything the site has, but he hasnt yet.

read it in an article about the site

not sure where you got your info from, but....

the IT guy sold his 47% share to the other owner for £160m, the next month it got floated on the stock market and valued at £840m

• Upvote 3

the guy who made moneysupermarket gave half the company to the IT dude he got to make the site when he got him to make it, so at anytime this guy could come n claim 50% of everything the site has, but he hasnt yet.

the IT guy sold his 47% share to the other owner for £160m, the next month it got floated on the stock market and valued at £840m

To be fair, even though you'd be a little bit pissed. You'd still be like "Got £160m, bitches" and all for just building a website for someone.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

JD rowling got laughed at and turned down by all the major publishers when she presented Harry Potter.

Google's founders presented google to Yahoo to buy for $1mili, they said "nah, the search market is not big and what we're looking at right now, come back later"

a few years later, MTV AND Yahoo, wanted to buy Google for $1 billi, they said "nah the search market is big right now, and we're not looking to sell, but safe though for making us know that we're definately onto somethign even bigger than we imagined since ur offering us $1billion. "

//

neggers of my earlier post can suck their mums tonight

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

not sure when I read the story, may have been a while back

Guest Portuguese

SIR ALEX FERGUSON has revealed how he turned down the opportunity to be Arsenal manager just months before taking charge at Manchester United.

The offer came early in 1986 and Ferguson was keen to take Walter Smith to the Gunners with him.

But Scotland’s World Cup campaign in Mexico that year meant the move to Arsenal fell through.

Ferguson made the revelations in the match programme for Rangers’ Scottish Premier League clash last night against Dundee United – Smith’s last match in charge at Ibrox.

“The thing about the Arsenal offer was that they wanted an answer right away but I couldn’t give them one because I was going to the World Cup in Mexico with Scotland.

“So the Arsenal thing fell by the wayside. Walter went to Rangers and then later that year I went to Manchester United. ”

what do you mean by "being a bum"? Just simply not doing anything? Or you actually thought you would be able to achieve something elsewhere?

I was 17 and didn't want to wake up early and commute in and out of central every day. I wasn't going in to college either, I took a year out doing nothing basically. I was angry at the world at that age.

Yes I knew the manager for the sterling department.

Neg me motherfuckers for a neg myself irl everyday for this fucking choice.

What do you do with your life now?

I'm a butcher at Sainsburys desperately clawing my way out. I know what direction I want to take but it's very hard for someone my age to get there.