Diaby back in full training

8BALL

Actually what I will say is if Diaby does stay fit. IMO it proves our medical and/or fitness/conditioning team are slack..

Diaby, back to form and playing in the Arsenal first team, missed most of last season because of injury but says the series of setbacks left the Arsenal and French medical staff mystified.

He said: "It was bad luck. I am not a fragile player, I am not made of crystal. No-one could understand it with the Arsenal medical staff or the national association.

"But it is easy then just to say I am injury prone when it wasn't like that. Now I have a programme to stick to work on my muscles and to keep my body from being injured."

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/football/foot-and-co-diaby-peut-on-croire-en-lui/?sig=b9c51839e5cs

after 8 min mark.

Basically, he said the following:

- Diaby had massive muscular imbalance issues and the rehab at Arsenal was not done well (implied on second part).

- Diaby had one leg that was a footballer's and another leg that was fit for a 10 year old (exact quote).

- The last 3 months were spent to strengthen his injured areas and regain proper balance.

- Also spent a lot of time working on getting the body to release the scar tissue from his injuries, which created irritation, and to reestablish proper flexibility in those areas.

This trainer was the one who trained Diaby during his only injury-free season (2009-2010). After that, Arsenal wanted Diaby to use the club's training and recovery methods (because they're cheap). Only in the last 4 months did Diaby request and receive authorization to return to this trainer.

From what i heard, Arsenal's training staff seems pretty pathetic. You NEVER allow a player to return unless the player's muscular makeup is strong and balanced. Working on regaining flexibility and releasing scar tissue are novice level things. Wtf are they doing?!

No wonder so many injuries at Arsenal keep recurring and players always seem to stay out much longer than anticipated.

not that i wanna f*ck up the moan party, but there's not a word about using the club facilities and staff "because it's cheap", that's just some random conclusion of whoever may have wrote it.

the 10yr old leg is correct (imagine that? fakk :lol: ), comeback was rushed but there's no mention of Arsenal whatsoever.

See that would work be okay if Diaby was the only one...

Arsenal have been unlucky with injuries, nothing you can do about that, it happens...

But bar Ramsey, who's rehab seems to have been okay?

Wilshere's? :rofl:

Rosicky's? :rofl:

Eduardo's? :rofl:

Vermaelen's? :rofl:

RvP? :rofl:

Fabregas? :rofl:

Even Walcott's shoulder injury seemed patheticly handled.

Something ain't right, and if you think otherwise...

But going back to Ramsey the "successful" one, a promising player on the edge of becoming a certified first-teamer returns and come backs pretty much loathed as a player, that many would happily see sold.

Abou Diaby has revealed he never gave up on returning to fitness for Arsenal despite living life in fear of injury last season.

The 26-year-old midfielder has made an impressive start to the campaign for the Gunners after seeing his progress blighted by injury problems in recent times.

The France international admits that at his lowest points his constant injury setbacks were playing on his mind.

Diaby told Le Parisien: "Last season, before the Fulham game, I was shaking on the bench because I was scared of getting injured again. It was incredible.

"All I wanted was to play again. I am born with a strong temper. I never give up. Maybe some people would have given up in my position, but it was out of the question for me.

"It was my destiny, it was written (to come back). I had to fight to put an end to all those injuries and to be able to express myself on a pitch again.

"I had some very difficult moments, some days when I was depressed when it was tough, but even then, I always kept faith.

"I always told myself that some people were in a worse position than me.

"I am 26 and I am aware that I am at a key moment in my career. That is why it was so important that I came back this season.

"Now, I am careful about every detail, I leave nothing to chance. I am much more mature. I also had a full pre-season for the first time in ages."

Diaby is determined to make up for lost time and prove he can be the driving force for Arsenal and France.

"It is such an important season for me that I am working harder than ever to succeed," he added.

"I want to prove to myself that I can go higher.

"I am getting to an age and to a time in my career where I need to show what I can do on the pitch in the long term."

France coach Didier Deschamps hailed Abou Diaby as the 'complete midfielder' after the Arsenal man marked his international return following a long-term injury with the winning goal against Finland.

Diaby played just five times for Arsenal last season due to a string of injuries, including a calf problem and a broken ankle, but has started the Gunners' first three games in the new Barclays Premier League campaign.

That was enough to persuade Deschamps to pitch him straight into World Cup qualifying action and the 26-year-old repaid his faith by converting Karim Benzema's pass as Les Bleus opened their Group I campaign with a 1-0 win in Helsinki on Friday night.

article-2200162-14E55812000005DC-34_468x289.jpg

And the coach, for whom it was a first competitive game in charge after succeeding Laurent Blanc, said: 'He is a boy with a lot of qualities, but I knew that. He is a complete midfielder.'

Diaby himself added in L'Equipe: 'It was a good return, I was pleased. I hope this will be the real return.'

Rio Mavuba also praised his central midfield partner, describing him as 'indispensable for the France squad'.

The Lille player added: 'He has again proved his qualities and that he can dictate the tempo. I hope he carries on like that.'

Mavuba was delighted with a winning start which he believes will be essential as France do battle with reigning world and European champions Spain in the bid to qualify for Brazil in 2014.

article-2200162-14E55612000005DC-354_468x308.jpg

'It was important to start well,' he said. 'We are in a difficult group with Spain, who do not often slip up, so we have to win against teams like this.

'We feel this squad has a lot of scope to develop. We have to repeat the first-half performance.'

Deschamps added: 'It's never easy to win away from home, especially against a team who showed more than we expected.

'We controlled the game well, we were hardly ever troubled in the first half - much more so in the second when they brought on (Njazi) Kuqi.

'We did not look after the ball so well and we made some mistakes, and Finland went more direct and had more of an attacking threat.

'But we got the result. The team showed the right spirit.'

France coach Didier Deschamps hailed Abou Diaby as the 'complete midfielder' after the Arsenal man marked his international return following a long-term injury with the winning goal against Finland.

Diaby played just five times for Arsenal last season due to a string of injuries, including a calf problem and a broken ankle, but has started the Gunners' first three games in the new Barclays Premier League campaign.

That was enough to persuade Deschamps to pitch him straight into World Cup qualifying action and the 26-year-old repaid his faith by converting Karim Benzema's pass as Les Bleus opened their Group I campaign with a 1-0 win in Helsinki on Friday night.

article-2200162-14E55812000005DC-34_468x289.jpg

And the coach, for whom it was a first competitive game in charge after succeeding Laurent Blanc, said: 'He is a boy with a lot of qualities, but I knew that. He is a complete midfielder.'

Diaby himself added in L'Equipe: 'It was a good return, I was pleased. I hope this will be the real return.'

Rio Mavuba also praised his central midfield partner, describing him as 'indispensable for the France squad'.

The Lille player added: 'He has again proved his qualities and that he can dictate the tempo. I hope he carries on like that.'

Mavuba was delighted with a winning start which he believes will be essential as France do battle with reigning world and European champions Spain in the bid to qualify for Brazil in 2014.

article-2200162-14E55612000005DC-354_468x308.jpg

'It was important to start well,' he said. 'We are in a difficult group with Spain, who do not often slip up, so we have to win against teams like this.

'We feel this squad has a lot of scope to develop. We have to repeat the first-half performance.'

Deschamps added: 'It's never easy to win away from home, especially against a team who showed more than we expected.

'We controlled the game well, we were hardly ever troubled in the first half - much more so in the second when they brought on (Njazi) Kuqi.

'We did not look after the ball so well and we made some mistakes, and Finland went more direct and had more of an attacking threat.

'But we got the result. The team showed the right spirit.'

u them ones were this article is bad news

media hotting up are sh*t :mad:

No this is the bad news...

Arsenal's early season optimism has taken a blow after Abou Diaby was ruled out of action through injury.

The France midfielder had been one of the stars of the Gunners' solid start to the season, and backed that up with a match-winning performance in his country's opening World Cup qualifier against Finland.

But now it seems the apparent fragile state of his body has struck again, with Les Bleus boss Didier Deschamps revealing a muscular concern means the 26-year-old will miss Tuesday's qualifier at home to Belarus.

The manager said: 'Diaby took a bad shot and he has muscular discomfort. He is not free in his movements.'

The news will come as a blow to the club, who had hoped a strict pre-season regime had finally put pay to years of injury following a career threatening injury in 2006.

Arsene Wenger is a big fan of his countryman and was as delighted as anybody with the start Diaby made to the season, helping the club to a win and two draws without conceding a goal.

There was, however, a ray of light for Arsenal with summer signing Olivier Giroud given the all clear by Deschamps to play in Tuesday's match.

He added: 'He could play. He trained normally. We can ask questions on pace for 90 minutes.'