Diaby back in full training

8BALL

Modified: Injury update on long term absentees Wilshere, Frimpong, Sagna and Rosicky + Walcott and Szczesny #afc

Long term absentees Jack Wilshere, Emmanuel Frimpong, Tomas Rosicky and Bacary Sagna all trained this morning, doing fitness work AND ball work which is fantastic news.

Jack is expected to join in with full training at some point next week along with Frimpong, whilst Sagna and Rosicky are slightly behind. Depending on how the latter two do they could also join in late next week, however, are expected to join in the week after.

All the long term absentees will need time to get up to speed, I'd say about 10 days/2weeks of full training to get some match fitness and then most importantly they will need games.

Wojciech Szczesny has recovered from his rib injury and joined in with training today; he should be available for Saturday. Meanwhile, Theo Walcott has withdrawn from the England squad with Illness. First signs are he'll be OK for Saturday, expecting more concrete news on him as the week progresses.

No news on Diaby yet. about 3 hours ago

Abou Diaby update #afc

Abou Diaby is OK.

It's understandable that people fret whenever the words 'Injury' and 'Diaby' are in the same sentence, however I'm told there is no major problem.

The FFF (French Football Federation) contacted Arsenal this morning to tell them Diaby has a "small muscular problem" and was also struggling with fatigue. It was decided the action best for his long-term fitness was for him to be sent home. Some mumbles that Dechamps and Wenger had an agreement that Diaby would not feature twice in four days anyway.

Diaby will be assessed by Arsenal medical staff over the next few days and at the moment there is no real concern. If he's not involved on Saturday I wouldn't worry, just look at it as him being prepared for the trip to Montpellier which on paper looks like the harder of the two tasks.

Hope to have a further update on him in the next few days. about an hour ago

• 2 weeks later...

Abou Diaby has revealed he is using Robin van Persie as inspiration to beat his injury jinx and reach the top with Arsenal.

Midfielder Diaby has suffered a staggering 18 injuries since badly breaking his ankle six years ago.

Diaby admits he considered quitting the game and that he became so embarrassed by his injuries he used to lie to Arsenal fans when they asked how long he was out for.

Van Persie suffered numerous injuries before finally staying fit to become Arsenal’s top scorer and win the Player of the Year award last season.

Now, with Van Persie gone, Diaby believes it is his turn to shine for Arsenal and is ­aiming to maintain his superb start to the season against Manchester City today.

Diaby told Sunday Mirror Sport: “Robin helped me last season.

“We used to talk about my situation and what he had been through, and he would give me some advice.

“He would tell me to keep going and make sure I completed my treatment.

“It was ­helpful because he had the same experience as well.

“He got over his injuries, kept going and at the end he became one of the best players in the world. It shows me what can be done and it gives me inspiration.”

Diaby’s problems started in 2006 after his ankle was broken by former Sunderland defender Dan Smith, who is now playing for Darlington 1883 in the Northern League First Division.

French international Diaby has undergone four operations on his right ankle and ­considered giving up after one of many ­setbacks four years ago.

“To be honest, four years ago I did think about giving up and that I would never come back,” said Diaby, who has never heard from Smith or received an apology.

“It was getting too much. I was not ­enjoying myself and I could not see the point to ­continue. I didn’t speak to the manager about it, I kept it to myself.

“I was having some bad ideas cross my mind and I had to fight against that. The first question I used to get asked when I saw ­supporters in the street was ‘when will you be back’ or ‘how is the injury?’.

“It’s nice ­people are concerned, but when things were bad I was embarrassed.

“So ­instead of telling them the truth I’d always just say ‘I don’t know’, even if I knew it would be a long time.

“It is difficult when you hear people call you a ‘crock’ or ‘injury prone’, but at the same time I understand, because the fans want their players to be available and they want their team to win.”

Diaby has set himself a ­target of appearing in at least 40 games this season and insists he no longer worries about getting injured.

The 26-year-old said: “I was nervous ­before the Fulham game last season that I would get injured and I did.

“But I learned a lot from this experience and now I don’t think like that.

“I went through a bad cycle in my thoughts about my injuries. Last year was hard, but now I’ve had a good pre-season, I’ve done my rehabilitation for four weeks and I feel very confident in my body.

“People will believe I am fit again if I can play 40 games and we have a ­successful season.

“Then they will forget my ­injuries. I also need to play 40 games this season to build my own confidence in myself.

“If I had been at another club, I would probably have been cast aside.

“I wouldn’t have this chance and I want to repay the ­manager’s faith in me.

“I don’t know if I deserve a great season, but I want to enjoy playing football and I want that ­opportunity to play again.

“I love football and I just want to express my qualities. That’s the most important thing for me.”

He added: “People forget I am still young. I am 26 and I am going to reach my peak soon.

“I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League with Arsenal.”

• 3 months later...

jet and aneke are not as skinny as diaby, tbh jet looks kinda built, viera was marga as fuck but still gets the job done

i still stand by saying diaby need meat on those legs

one knock on those legs hes out for 3 months, we cant afford to be providing for players like that so that they get gassed an fuck off

• Downvote 2

jet and aneke are not as skinny as diaby, tbh jet looks kinda built, viera was marga as fuck but still gets the job done

one knock on those legs hes out for 3 months, we cant afford to be providing for players like that so that they get gassed an fuck off

Missed the point.

Missed the point.

lol