Thomas Vermaelen signs new long-term contract

TF S4DK

Thomas Vermaelen has expressed his frustration with playing at left-back as he does not feel he can perform to the best of his ability. Vermaelen has been Arsenal's most impressive central defender over the past couple of years but he has been asked to operate in a wider role due to a spate of recent injuries to full-backs. Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker have been favoured in the heart of the back four and Vermaelen admits that is where he would prefer to be playing.

"I am fed up playing at left-back," the 26-year-old Belgian is quoted as saying by The People.

"I don't think I am good there - I want to achieve my highest level and I can't do that on the left. I play there to help the team but it gives me no satisfaction as I can't reach my best standard. I do my job but seldom feel content after matches. If the team wins I am happy, but it remains frustrating."

Vermaelen has also spoken of his disappointment at losing the Belgium captaincy to Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany.

"I'm not happy about it," said Vermaelen, who moved to Arsenal from Ajax in 2009.

"I was proud to wear the armband."

Mesbah is one of the most influential young full backs in European Football.

I'm more scared at what Mesbah is going to do to our right flank with his picturesqe techinque and besides his elegance he has an engine that many attackers won't wear down rather than what Robinho is going to do.

Mesbah is a PROBLEM.

Out f*ck*ng standing player

The thing with Milan's players(Ibra,Robinho,SES,Nocerino they love operating on the left)

No they don't.

Most of Milan's attacks come from Mexes or Alves bringing the ball into midfield with Seedorf sitting deeper and Boateng/Van Bommel creating chances with his runs into the box as Ibrahimovich or Robinho drop deep or to either wing to create those chances.

The thing with Milan's players(Ibra,Robinho,SES,Nocerino they love operating on the left)

No they don't.

Most of Milan's attacks come from Mexes or Alves bringing the ball into midfield with Seedorf sitting deeper and Boateng/Van Bommel creating chances with his runs into the box as Ibrahimovich or Robinho drop deep or to either wing to create those chances.

I stopped reading after Mexes

If only Thiago Silva was called Alves

• Downvote 2