African-Caribbean boys 'would rather hustle than learn'

JOHN DOE

Most Black kids these days would rather hustle than learn...u got youts dese days dat know giggz word for word or remember how many "bricks rick ross said he sold" on his last track but yet can't even quote ONE shakespeare line or even speak another language. I remember my mum used to say"ur gonna wish u went back to school one day"...that line still haunts me today( I did well in school tho lol )

• Upvote 1

this country is bad grounds for raising blacks they get their priorities wrong- Caribbeans especially, if you know some you can see the major differences in home bred ones and 2nd generation ones like a sore thumb. Toni got it all tbh.

The problem with Jamaicans kids is the discipline.

They are not given the discipline to be academic from young, if you don't have that mindset from early there is no hope when you turn 13.

It's not something you can just switch on like a tap.

on a reals tho, what happened to us

we was the first blacks allowed in england

While our grandparents were helping to build this country back after the war and establish the public transport system etc... they weren't around enough to look after our parents and teach them what it takes to prosper in this society.

Our parents in turn didn't have the tools to teach us and give us academic discipline from a young age.

Goldcoast sounds like them blackies that get rolled out to cuss black people when whitey wants a black face to dish out their racism.. how can u say black people have regressed in recent years? there are far more successful black people today than there were 10 yrs ago and 20 yrs ago...more black people doing things for themselevs today than they were 20yrs ago........young people are more aware of social and political issues than they were previously...alot of it is warped and based on just being immature or whatever but they at least want to have a voice...........the grandparents/parents generation you talk about consist mostly of bounties choosing to submit to whitey than rock the boat........these are the ones who still love Mrs Windsor even though her Family was built on destroying Africa and black people...........and at the same time they are the ones who refused to see racism in its true colours.....so when their kids started to experience it they had no way of guiding them....the august riots happened in the exact same fashion 20yrs ago....so what was amazing about the 80's??? ....you have to be a complete twat and house coon to claim that black people have regressed in this country in the last 10 yrs...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I fink we all agree the next generation is fucked...but don't get me wrong,teachers these days are not inspiring as they wer back then...my old R.E teacher(mrs gordon-cooper, nice jamaican ting)wouldn't let the class go unless they got a certain amount of questions right, or she would cause a debate n the person with the best argument won...I don't think teachers can be bothered anymore..so it goes two ways really

• Downvote 2

most aff man i kno do both

'hustle' and do the education ting the plan is to have a healthy stack when u finish uni to have something to build up on

only when they finish uni , they end up staying on the hustle ting us money is fast

once i finish uni and get a job- im more or less finished with the game.

• Upvote 1

black people in the U.K have regressed over the last few decades

what most young black men/women consider as success is frankly unattainable or a flawed way of thinking

the grand parents and the wiser elders need to reprogramme the youth to see the opportunities that they didn't have when they first came here and why there is NO excuse to live a life of crime or poverty if one is a healthy black male. whilst most race seem to grow up after the stage of rebellion (13-23 years) we get stuck in the cycle of either feeling sorry for ourselves or blaming other people for all our problems.

the "keeping it real" mentality is keeping us down

Far too much choice and privilege. When after a few generations of being here, a man can sit down in his yard. Effectively make himself unemployed and then get paid for being unemployed. We have a problem,

Our parents/the 1st generation were a lot hungrier because there was a whole lot less options, if you didn't go out to work, you probably didn't eat.

theres nothin wrong with hustle

but blacks so often shun the mixture of hustle edumakation and playing the game

life is a game

you have to play it

blacks dont want to play it

Mentioned this a few times in the Riot thread, playing the game is key to achieving success,

Example, I sorted out a apprentiship for one of the young people I work with, on his first day he rolls up half an hour later, his supervisor has the audacity to call him on it, instead of taking it on the chin, apologising an moving on swiftly a argument takes place, after which it's made clear that he's not welcome back again,

I get a phonecall from the business in question, telling me what happened, I phone the yout hoping to hear something different, no, he tells mr the same story,

But in his head he believes he got shown the door because he's black, and not because he pitched up 30 minutes late then had the Gaul to argue about it.

And that generation are now having children,

Also, with the African thing, African people are 15 years or so younger in terms of being in the country, so in the next 5-10 we'll see if they go down similar routes,

Hate to say it, but the Labour government also have a lot to answer for.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

the only thing labour have to answer for is that like this govt they are and always have been bloody racist especially to blk ppl and always pretend about multiculturalism......they're racist to everyone who's not white but unlike the so called black community...the other cultures/races dont need the govt to make or break them......these govt schemes are just absolute bullshit......asians dont need the govt to "promote role models" for them...they have more than enough within their own community...they have lots to draw from..and im talking all asians (apart from fucking afghans who dont have anything),. labour allowed a welfare state to flourish but also allowed a middle class to flourish...but also chose to negate the role of the father in a household by agreeing to raise any child .that a wotless woman wants to raise by providing full financial assistance....

what most young black men/women consider as success is frankly unattainable or a flawed way of thinking

the grand parents and the wiser elders need to reprogramme the youth to see the opportunities that they didn't have when they first came here and why there is NO excuse to live a life of crime or poverty if one is a healthy black male. whilst most race seem to grow up after the stage of rebellion (13-23 years) we get stuck in the cycle of either feeling sorry for ourselves or blaming other people for all our problems.

Far too much choice and privilege. When after a few generations of being here, a man can sit down in his yard. Effectively make himself unemployed and then get paid for being unemployed. We have a problem,

Our parents/the 1st generation were a lot hungrier because there was a whole lot less options, if you didn't go out to work, you probably didn't eat.

life is a game

you have to play it

Mentioned this a few times in the Riot thread, playing the game is key to achieving success,

Example, I sorted out a apprentiship for one of the young people I work with, on his first day he rolls up half an hour later, his supervisor has the audacity to call him on it, instead of taking it on the chin, apologising an moving on swiftly a argument takes place, after which it's made clear that he's not welcome back again,

I get a phonecall from the business in question, telling me what happened, I phone the yout hoping to hear something different, no, he tells mr the same story,

But in his head he believes he got shown the door because he's black, and not because he pitched up 30 minutes late then had the Gaul to argue about it.

Also, with the African thing, African people are 15 years or so younger in terms of being in the country, so in the next 5-10 we'll see if they go down similar routes,

nah never that.

the fact that theres so much of us at uni already means it aint happening.

this

\African culture is way different than caribbean culture aswell

not to talk of countries and various tribes

this suggestion black is black pisses me off

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

life is a game

you have to play it

these no hunger for success, too many people comfortable on government welfare, people like that i avoid , cuz they have nothing to lose

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I fink we all agree the next generation is fucked...but don't get me wrong,teachers these days are not inspiring as they wer back then...my old R.E teacher(mrs gordon-cooper, nice jamaican ting)wouldn't let the class go unless they got a certain amount of questions right, or she would cause a debate n the person with the best argument won...I don't think teachers can be bothered anymore..so it goes two ways really

My favourite teacher was an R.E teacher aswell, white man though, that guy gave a shit still.

Genuine bredda.

And lets be real, Africans haven't had to deal with a lot of the bullshit Caribbean's have had to deal with.

My Grandparents took a lot of the shit before my African friends parents came over, which meant it was a better environment for said Africans to prosper in and they or their kids didn't have a lot of the fucked up stories or chips on their shoulder through those experiences that West Indians clearly have.

And that's not even mentioning the effects of slavery.

Another thing IMO is the music, I saw this song on tv last night and I remember that Aswad did a cover, smash hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hke99ovGkwY

Music is probably the single most powerful vehicle for change in the world and whenever you hear a song like this it spreads a positive light on Jamaica.

Now look how far this kinda positivity reaches

• Downvote 2

there have been black people in the UK since the roman times. many africans and carribeans were in the UK and just classed as black............people talking about windrush are just playing to those who want to reduce your contribution to this country which goes way beyond the 50's.

• Downvote 2

recent arrivals of blacks have nothing to do with this...... carribeans didnt set any stage for anyone..there were popular and successful african businessmen in england back in the 1800's... and there were hundreds of thousands of blacks, jews, and orientals in east london in the 1800's...fuck windrush if anything it brought trouble

Guest petercrotch

this is garbage. Most blacks do achieve sucess academically but it's once we leave school/college etc the problems start . All you have to do is look at the numbers of blacks at university to know that we do tend to achieve good grades but sadly a lot of these blacks will probably end up broke in a few years time .

There's also a bigger problem to this also (self hate ,lack of financial support for our own people ) ,Me and my father run a black business and we have a secret policy of only employing black people and this is in a black area and get this, we have people coming into the shop giving us praise saying it's nice to finally see a black business around here . now that is messed up , working in a black area and guys are saying its nice to FINALLY see a black business around here .

The problem is black people don't support our own financially infact we do the oposite . Sooner we come together and start creating black businesses and making black familys the better if you ask me

• Upvote 1