African-Caribbean boys 'would rather hustle than learn'

JOHN DOE

see... last page is just about stereotypes. jamaicans thinking they "set the stage" for others cos they flocked here in the 50's...when black people from Africa and escaped slaves from the carribean have been setting the stage for others since the 17th century..that was a time when there were little differences as to where who was from where cos they all had the same struggles regardless of where they came from....fastforward 100 yrs and everyone thinks they're better than the other or more relevant/ important..when to the majority they are still bunched into the same category as they were 500 yrs ago. fact is that many Africans and carribeans of older generations just filled their kids heads with alot of bullshit and ignorance..crabs in a barrel sorta shit.

recent arrivals of blacks have nothing to do with this...... carribeans didnt set any stage for anyone..there were popular and successful african businessmen in england back in the 1800's... and there were hundreds of thousands of blacks, jews, and orientals in east london in the 1800's...fuck windrush if anything it brought trouble

You are talking about a completely different era.

The dads army white man had minimal if not zero contact with black people, the recent arrival of blacks both Carib and African was basically starting from scratch in this country.

Africans who came over here in the 70's can't attribute any success to black people who were here in 1800's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EYxpSFmSSI

''Black excellence, opulence, decadence...''

I apply my mentality to the game of life, the same way an athlete applies his mind to his chosen sport. Positive thinking, positive reinforcement. A complete disregard for the bullshit & why he supposedly can't make it. All this kinda shit needs to fly over our heads & we should remain focused. As if even as Black men, it doesn't apply to us anyway.

''What up blud, what up cuz, it's all Black, I love us...''

Let's be real...the african household is more strict than the a jamaican one...education is a must, if a african brudda is messing up in skool n spendin to much time on road,u know the next day he's gettin deported back to africa for a gd year or so,u see african lecturers left right and centre...education is a free tool,africans make the best of it.

You are talking about a completely different era.The dads army white man had minimal if not zero contact with black people, the recent arrival of blacks both Carib and African was basically starting from scratch in this country.<Africans who came over here in the 70's can't attribute any success to black people who were here in 1800's.
the era you talk about is not more important..you are talking from a typical jamaican standpoint thinking you guys did shit for everyone else to make things better.........the africans and Caribbean who were in england hundrends of years before windrush suffered way more than anyone in the windrush era and were literally obligated to exist on their own without any real jobs or prospects in wider society...the fatc that africans or carribeans cant attribute anything to them is only evidence of how useless black history month is...since you dont know anything about the real foundation setters..in one of my sociology book it covers this population growth well and even wiki as much as i dislike it has.........
The late 19th century effectively ended the first period of large scale black immigration to London and Britain. This decline in immigration gave way to the gradual incorporation of blacks and their descendents into this predominantly white society.

During the mid-19th century there were restrictions on African immigration. In the later part of the 19th century there was a build up of small groups of black dockside communities in towns such as Canning Town, Liverpool, and Cardiff. This was a direct effect of new shipping links that were established with the Caribbean and West Africa.

Despite social prejudice and discrimination in Victorian England, some 19th-century black Britons achieved exceptional success. Pablo Fanque, born poor as William Darby in Norwich, rose to become the proprietor of one of Britain's most successful Victorian circuses. He is immortalised in the lyrics of The Beatles song, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!

.....man like beatles know about british black history more than some of u

Guest phonecharger

I apply my mentality to the game of life, the same way an athlete applies his mind to his chosen sport. Positive thinking, positive reinforcement. A complete disregard for the bullshit & why he supposedly can't make it. All this kinda shit needs to fly over our heads & we should remain focused. As if even as Black men, it doesn't apply to us anyway.

yh g

Lol what a post.